+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa - factor time

H

Feb 14, 2006
I'm in the middle of filling my visa (skilled worker) and I was wondering how long it has taken people to actually get the visa? I am applying from the UK, and I'm not sure if that actually makes any significance. I look forward to hearing from some people that have been through the process. Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

H said:
I'm in the middle of filling my visa (skilled worker) and I was wondering how long it has taken people to actually get the visa? I am applying from the UK, and I'm not sure if that actually makes any significance. I look forward to hearing from some people that have been through the process. Thank you.
Assuming you are applying as Skilled Worker, somewhere between 23/48 months. Note it will probably be longer as the stats are based on applications already processed, and the queue is getting longer.
see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/times-int/02a-skilled-fed.html

PMM

H

Feb 14, 2006
Thanks for the reply. I had no idea it could take so long. I guess there's no way of trying to speed up the process?

smvijay

Star Member
Jul 28, 2005
ETATS-UNIS
H said:
I had no idea it could take so long. I guess there's no way of trying to speed up the process?
unfortunately, the answer is NO. u may also want to check out www.yogi799.com for a tracker on previous applicants.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

smvijay said:
H said:
I had no idea it could take so long. I guess there's no way of trying to speed up the process?
unfortunately, the answer is NO. u may also want to check out www.yogi799.com for a tracker on previous applicants.
Actually there is a way to speed it up and that is to have a job offer from a Canadian company that is will to employ you when you receive PR and that the job offer was submitted to HRSDC and recieved an AEO (Arranged Employment Option) see: http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/epb/lmd/fw/poArrEmp.shtml

PMM

H

Feb 14, 2006
I could carry on with the skilled worker visa, but finding a job is difficult without the visa - chicken and egg situation.

I was thinking about the short term visas to help me get there quicker, and then carry on applying for long term visas. I was looking at the visitor visa, but you can't work. Then there's the temporary work visa - but again I need a job offer for a role that no Canadian could do. Alternatively I could also try the student work visa, but you need to be a full time student, whereas I'm only a part time student, however I am studying for a PhD (not sure if that would make a difference or not).

Generally I'm finding it v difficult to fit into a type of visa. Is there no general travel/work type visas around?

H

Feb 14, 2006
Also if I'm applying through the student working visa does the job have to be HRSDC approved?

smvijay

Star Member
Jul 28, 2005
ETATS-UNIS
H said:
Also if I'm applying through the student working visa does the job have to be HRSDC approved?
If you come to canada on a student visa, you will be eligible to work on-campus without HRSDC approval on a student permit. Some provinces do let you work off-campus, but will have to get the information from the school's international office. There are some new pilot projects that were started recently. check out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-opps.html

for working off-campus, u need a work permit whether a student or not.

H

Feb 14, 2006
Thanks for your help, but I am actually thinking about the student work visa - which means I do not have to be enrolled in a Canadian university, I can still be full time at an UK university, and work in Canada for a temporary amount of time.

atiyasi

Star Member
Jul 9, 2012
Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.