Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011
Hi.... Can someone post some of the more concrete reasons CIC looks for to approve extensions... My case is this...

Arrived Feb 1, 2011 on a 5yr Multi entry visa which exp dec 2014, Got a visitors record which expires Mar 29, 2011
I have the support of an entrepreneur who owns a cleaning business, She recently, as in yesterday, started advertising and recruiting for a janitorial position. If at the required, 2 weeks from today, if she doesn't find anyone suitable the job, it's MINe, and is willing to apply for LMO so I can obtain a work permit. My spouse is a First Nation Canadian, she's on the Council so she has a good job, house and financially ok, so she is willing and more than capable to support me. So my question is or are:

What exactly could I say is my reason for extension, our suggest reasons..

What are my chances being that the time is soooo close and potential employer have not even applied for LMO yet??????

While in "Implied status" (extension application in process) hope thats right, can I still apply for work permit or do I have to wait for a decision on extension application before applying for Work permit

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
On a 5-yr multiple entry visa you were given less than 2 months stay!!!! You must have peeved the officer who gave you your VR. You can apply for a WP while on implied status, but I doubt that your prospective employer will be able to get a positive LMO for you. There probably is no need to hire a foreign worker to fill up a janitorial position.

Schillachi said:
Hi.... Can someone post some of the more concrete reasons CIC looks for to approve extensions... My case is this...

Arrived Feb 1, 2011 on a 5yr Multi entry visa which exp dec 2014, Got a visitors record which expires Mar 29, 2011
I have the support of an entrepreneur who owns a cleaning business, She recently, as in yesterday, started advertising and recruiting for a janitorial position. If at the required, 2 weeks from today, if she doesn't find anyone suitable the job, it's MINe, and is willing to apply for LMO so I can obtain a work permit. My spouse is a First Nation Canadian, she's on the Council so she has a good job, house and financially ok, so she is willing and more than capable to support me. So my question is or are:

What exactly could I say is my reason for extension, our suggest reasons..

What are my chances being that the time is soooo close and potential employer have not even applied for LMO yet??????

While in "Implied status" (extension application in process) hope thats right, can I still apply for work permit or do I have to wait for a decision on extension application before applying for Work permit

Schillachi

Oct 30, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2011
Med's Done....
03-06-2011
Its a small town accessible by ferry "Sechelt" British Columbia. Not much is here so people dont really come here its native land. If no one in Sechelt takes the jobs, other applicants would have 2 move to Sechelt.

Still no suggestions about reasons, to apply for extension?

FYI was in a serious accident in my home country, surgery was messed up so had to do corrective surgery all in home country. So spouse is gonna apply for temp insurance so i can see a good doctor here and get physo therapy.

Could this be enough reason for an extension and how do I prove this

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
If you are visiting your spouse then staying longer with her would be a very valid reason. It may or may not be an acceptable reason to the officer processing your request for extension but it would buy you more time. Current processing time is 129 days. You'd be on implied status till you get a response from them. Should you be able to get a positive LMO, your initial WP application has to be sent to a visa office outside Canada, the US being the closest.

Schillachi said:
Its a small town accessible by ferry "Sechelt" British Columbia. Not much is here so people dont really come here its native land. If no one in Sechelt takes the jobs, other applicants would have 2 move to Sechelt.

FYI was in a serious accident in my home country, surgery was messed up so had to do corrective surgery all in home country. So spouse is gonna apply for temp insurance so i can see a good doctor here and get physo therapy.

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Schillachi said:

Note - If (as in your case) the condition is pre existing, then it will normally be excluded by any insurance company.

There are no reasons that will 100% guarantee an extension. But that doesn't mean you cannot apply.

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
I think you do not need to apply for extension as the cic will return your application saying its always automatic 6 months. You can go ahead and send an application with fee 75 dollar but they will return and refund. They will advise that you only need to extend after 6 months as 6 months is automatic.

In regards to requirement for extension you can read them on the visitor visa guides but the most important reason that you wont find the site is the concrete reason for having to stay or extension.

Re: LMO and Work permit got few marks on it going through but dont loose up everyone with their own lucks.

Good luck.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Note: The OP was given a Visitor Record that will expire on March 29, 2011 so he needs to apply for extension if he wants to stay longer than the expiry of his allowed visit.

martha marita said:
I think you do not need to apply for extension as the cic will return your application saying its always automatic 6 months. You can go ahead and send an application with fee 75 dollar but they will return and refund. They will advise that you only need to extend after 6 months as 6 months is automatic.

In regards to requirement for extension you can read them on the visitor visa guides but the most important reason that you wont find the site is the concrete reason for having to stay or extension.

Re: LMO and Work permit got few marks on it going through but dont loose up everyone with their own lucks.

Good luck.