+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa extention

Sheutika

Sep 27, 2020
Dear team ,

i am on visitor visa with my husband who has work permit . Currently we have give it for extension .
I wann know if i travel to india and extension get approved . Will i be able to send my passport for visa stamping from india as he will be still staying in canada . OR do i have again raise dependent visa once his visa stamping is done after extension approval .
Please help me to understand the process

thank you
Shrutika

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear team ,

i am on visitor visa with my husband who has work permit . Currently we have give it for extension .
I wann know if i travel to india and extension get approved . Will i be able to send my passport for visa stamping from india as he will be still staying in canada . OR do i have again raise dependent visa once his visa stamping is done after extension approval .
Please help me to understand the process

thank you
Shrutika
You really should be applying for an OWP not a TRV since you are not a temporary visitor. If approved you can technically courier it to Canada. You may need to send it to your husband for him to submit and receive the stamped passport. Currently due to travel restrictions you will need special permission to return to Canada since your spouse is not a PR or citizen. Would really suggest you at least confirm that you get your approved TRV before leaving Canada unless it would not cause an issue if you get stuck in India if either you are denied a TRV extension or are not granted special approval to go to Canada.

Reactions: Sheutika

Sheutika

Sep 27, 2020
Thank you for information .The visa (my husbands work permit and my dependent on it ) is already given for extension . So which kind of temporary resident visa(trv) approval I would need to take and from whom I would get it . As my husband work permit is walid till 30-dec-20 so me applying open work permit is also not an option .
Thank you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am on visitor visa on my husbands work permit .
Kust clarifying again what kind of visa does he have a PGWP or closed work permit from an employer? Does he work in NOC 0, A or B? Does his employer have an approved LMIA? When was the extension file of his work permit filed? Was there a reason you did not file for an extension at the same time as his WP extension?

Sheutika

Sep 27, 2020
Hi ,
He has work permit through Tcs and yes has file my extension as well with his work permit extension that why the question is if i want to travel out of canada and extension approval comes positive when i am in India what can I do about stamping as i need to be here to send passport for stamping with his passport . And I cant come back as if extension approvals would come in march i wont have visitor record ( valid till 30- dec-20 ) to enter in the country .
We have submitted the extension documents to TCS which will forwarded to IRCC this week ( which i got to know today . They were sitting on it for almost 6 months ) we filed in march but Process according tcs is to send docs to visa cell before some months only so they will doing this week after forcing . So now as I read time limit to get visa extension done in this corona situation is 180 days so if I travel in November approval would be surely in by march and i wont be here to my stamping .