+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Expiry But Study permit not

KakiUK

May 18, 2014
Hi, I have the same problem.
I intend to apply for new study permit for two years from outside Canada: the problem is my passport will expire in just one year.
Can i apply with it?, is it possible to transfer my study permit from the old passport to the new one when it expires? What will happen if apply with a passport expires on 11/2015 for program ends on 12/2016?
Note that the authorities refused to issue to me a new passport before 6months to the day of my passport expires?
I heard some people they have got SP exceeds the expiry date of their passport and TRV, is it true?

Thank you, Regards.

dok

Apr 20, 2014
KakiUK said:
I intend to apply for new study permit for two years from outside Canada: the problem is my passport will expire in just one year.
Can i apply with it?, is it possible to transfer my study permit from the old passport to the new one when it expires? What will happen if apply with a passport expires on 11/2015 for program ends on 12/2016?
Note that the authorities refused to issue to me a new passport before 6months to the day of my passport expires?
I heard some people they have got SP exceeds the expiry date of their passport and TRV, is it true?

Thank you, Regards.
I'm not quite sure but you may get SP that exceeds your passport expring date. However, the duration of your TRV won't exceed the expiring date of your passport. So next year when you get a new passport, you've to apply for new TRV and reinstatement of your SP (just an update but no year or months will be added).

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

KakiUK said:

Thank you, Regards.

1. Not possible to 'transfer' visa into a new PP. You can renew your SP.
2. PP expiry has no effect on the visa's validity. You can use it until the date your visa expires. You can apply for a 'replacement visa' (if you don't want to extend it).