+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa expired in Passport

inajaf

Apr 17, 2018
Dear Friends,

Who knows if Visa date was expired in Passport but the Work Permit until August 2018, If I will apply for the PR, do I need first extend the Visa in my Passport based on my Work Permit date or I can just apply with my Work Permit paper ?

Thank you.

Aramotar

Apr 24, 2018
Extend the visa. Without visa allowing you to stay in the country the work permit is not very useful.

inajaf

Apr 17, 2018
Not long. It took a week almost a decade ago, should be faster now.
Where I can find the information about that ? Because I thought that I don't need extend the Visa if I am not going outside of Canada. I can't find somewhere information for this specific question.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
There's no need to extend your visa if you are not planning to travel outside of Canada. Your work permit gives you legal status in Canada.

Reactions: inajaf

inajaf

Apr 17, 2018
Who else can help please for the question? :
Who knows if Visa date was expired in Passport but the Work Permit until August 2018, If I will apply for the PR, do I need first extend the Visa in my Passport based on my Work Permit date or I can just apply with my Work Permit paper ?​

inajaf

Apr 17, 2018
There's no need to extend your visa if you are not planning to travel outside of Canada. Your work permit gives you legal status in Canada.
But if I will apply for the PR do I need extend the Visa in my Passport or will just send the Work Permit ? Will it affect to get the PR?

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
But if I will apply for the PR do I need extend the Visa in my Passport or just will send the Work Permit ? Will it affect to get the PR?
No it won't. Just upload a copy of your valid work permit with your passport. As I said, a valid work permit shows your status in Canada. A TRV is only used for entry to Canada

Reactions: inajaf

inajaf

Apr 17, 2018
No it won't. Just upload a copy of your valid work permit with your passport. As I said, a valid work permit shows your status in Canada. A TRV is only used for entry to Canada
Thank you!

If somebody knows something else please write here. It will great to know more kind of specific questions.