Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
PMM said:
Hi

Actually you are wrong also, a person with valid status in Canada who requires a TRV to enter Canada, may only visit the US and St. Pierre et Miquelon NOT MEXICO, as long as they return within their status in Canada.
Nope, anywhere is North America. Mexico is part of North America. I know people that have done it.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

kushari said:
Nope, anywhere is North America. Mexico is part of North America. I know people that have done it.
I think that I rather go with what CIC says, rather than the information that you are giving about returning from Mexico without a valid TRV. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=417&t=16

What kind of visa should I get?

If you are a citizen of a visa required country you should apply for a temporary resident visa (commonly known as a visitor visa). There are two types: a single-entry visa and a multiple-entry visa. Both are valid for a fixed period and cannot be used after they expire.

A multiple-entry visa lets you enter and leave Canada repeatedly while it is valid. It can be valid for up to 10 years, or one month before your passport expires, whichever is earlier. You must arrive in Canada on or before the expiry date on your visa.

A single-entry visa allows you to enter Canada only one time. Once you have left Canada, excluding travel to the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, you will need a new visa to travel back to and enter Canada.

If your visa is still valid and you are travelling only and directly to the United States (including its Territories and Possessions) or St. Pierre and Miquelon, you do not need a new temporary resident visa to return to Canada. If your visa expires prior to returning to Canada from this area, and you are not in possession of a valid visitor record, work permit, study permit, or temporary resident permit (authorising re-entry), you will need to obtain a new temporary resident visa.

kushari

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-10-2012
AOR Received.
30-11-2012
IELTS Request
22-06-2012
Med's Request
12-12-2013
Med's Done....
18-12-2013
Passport Req..
19-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2014
LANDED..........
27/03/2014
PMM said:
Hi

I think that I rather go with what CIC says, rather than the information that you are giving about returning from Mexico without a valid TRV. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=417&t=16

What kind of visa should I get?

If you are a citizen of a visa required country you should apply for a temporary resident visa (commonly known as a visitor visa). There are two types: a single-entry visa and a multiple-entry visa. Both are valid for a fixed period and cannot be used after they expire.

A multiple-entry visa lets you enter and leave Canada repeatedly while it is valid. It can be valid for up to 10 years, or one month before your passport expires, whichever is earlier. You must arrive in Canada on or before the expiry date on your visa.

A single-entry visa allows you to enter Canada only one time. Once you have left Canada, excluding travel to the United States and St. Pierre and Miquelon, you will need a new visa to travel back to and enter Canada.

If your visa is still valid and you are travelling only and directly to the United States (including its Territories and Possessions) or St. Pierre and Miquelon, you do not need a new temporary resident visa to return to Canada. If your visa expires prior to returning to Canada from this area, and you are not in possession of a valid visitor record, work permit, study permit, or temporary resident permit (authorising re-entry), you will need to obtain a new temporary resident visa.
Thank you for providing actual proof. I thought it was North America. I guess just the US. My bad.

edeeahu

Jan 17, 2014
I have similar question. I have only work permit and it is still valid for canada. Can I do the entry from US after 1 year and in between I am coming from India to US and then from US to canada.

green_dc

Dec 18, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-01-2013
AOR Received.
06-03-2013
edeeahu said:
I have similar question. I have only work permit and it is still valid for canada. Can I do the entry from US after 1 year and in between I am coming from India to US and then from US to canada.
No, you can not. The privilege will be gone if you leave or come to US for or from a third country.

Anonymus1

Nov 20, 2016
Hello,

I am an Indian citizen and have been leaving in Canada for past six years. I hold a valid work permit (passport and work permit are valid for another 5 months) but my VISA has expired. I have to visit India and will have to apply for TRV from India. It would be of great help if you shed light on the following queries.

a. Do I have to apply for a TRV or a Visitor record extension?
b. Can I apply (renew) for a temporary resident Canadian VISA from India?
c. Do I have to apply for the VISA through VFS Global or going online using my CIC account and GCKey?
d. A rough estimate of processing time for such a VISA application would be how many days?

Please suggest ways for obtaining the TRV processed quickly.

Thanks