+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa expiration

SloCan

Nov 28, 2008
Hi there, i got a few questions and i was wondering if anybody can help me with them
My visa expires in Sep 2011, and i still have to get few things before sending in my application. What do you guys recommend, should i applied for visa extension or do i still have enough time. My employer would love to keep me there, cause my cousin owns the company my family, so i dont see any problems extending it with them.
Would extending my visa effect on my PR application?
Do i need to do the medical exam, because i couldnt find anything about it in the checklist, and if so, where do i go to get it done? I live in BC right now.
And another thing, i own two vehicles right now, i have payments for one because i bought it brand new, should i attach the car payment sheet or anything that shows what i own in my application?
Thank you for your time
Dan

ferna8

Sep 24, 2009
If you are planning to send your application this year I think you still have time before applying for the visa extension. The recommendation is to apply 2 or 3 months before its expiration. Have in mind that although your cousin is the owner of the company, there is no guarantee that your visa will be extended. So, my recommendation is to send your CEC applications asap.

Extending a work permit does not affect your PR application, I did that and so far the process is good.

With regard to medical exams, yes, this is a requirement for all the applicants. In theory you have to wait until the processing office tells you that you can proceed with the examination, but I also know that some applicants do it before to gain some time. Just remember that the medicals exams are valid for one year.

You don't have to attach any information about your properties.

good luck,

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
SloCan said:
Hi there, i got a few questions and i was wondering if anybody can help me with them
My visa expires in Sep 2011, and i still have to get few things before sending in my application. What do you guys recommend, should i applied for visa extension or do i still have enough time.

If 2011 is not a typographical error, you have plenty of time before worrying about an extension. But given current processing times (more than a year), yes, you will probably need to get an extension.

Would extending my visa effect on my PR application?
No, not if you're applying in CEC class.

Do i need to do the medical exam, because i couldnt find anything about it in the checklist, and if so, where do i go to get it done? I live in BC right now.

Yes, you will, but not for the application - only after your application has passed initial review. CHC Buffalo will send you information and instructions then. Some people get it done "in advance" but you still need to have submitted your application and received your file number before you can do that.

And another thing, i own two vehicles right now, i have payments for one because i bought it brand new, should i attach the car payment sheet or anything that shows what i own in my application?

Uh, huh? Why? No...