+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa-exemption exception for Brazil

Feb 21, 2018
Hello,

Fortunately, I've just received the PPR e-mail asking to submit:
1) My passport in case my country of citizenship (which is Brazil) is visa required to get a PR visa stamped on it
OR
2) Photocopies of my passport otherwise (in this case I could use eTA for travelling without a PR visa)

It turns out that Brazil is considered a visa-required country BUT with a remark (giving a possibility for eTA):
"Visa-required (countries):
"

Then I looked up what are the requirements to be eligible for eTA among the exceptional countries (Brazil, Romania and Bulgaria) at
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2017/04/canada_s_new_entryrulesforbrazilianbulgarianandromaniancitizens.html

In the above link they mention the following criteria for being eligible:

"Travellers who:
  • have held a Canadian visitor visa in the past 10 years, or
  • currently hold a valid United States nonimmigrant visa,
and who will:
  • fly to or transit through a Canadian airport using a valid Brazilian, Bulgarian or Romanian passport, and
  • come for a short visit, business or tourist activity (normally for stays of up to six months)"
"

Although I do hold a US nonimmigrant visa, I was not sure about the last two requirements. I work in Canada currently.

Please, can anyone help me to figure it out if I consider myself as a Visa-required or not?