+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa denial

carlypal2009

Mar 22, 2019
A friend was denied a visa, this is in the visa denial.

I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all the questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful. /you have failed to declare, on your application, your previous US refusal as required under Canadian law. Because of this I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of admission as a temporary resident in Canada.

How would someone be able to respond to this?

AUG19

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
DR
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-08-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Explain why you lied on your application?

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Lucky this 'friend' didn't receive a ban for misrepresentation. I doubt you can fix the situation by suddenly remembering that you had a refusal. Post the full letter without any personal details to see if they gave you the opportunity to come clean.

AUG19

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
DR
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
29-08-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Lucky this 'friend' didn't receive a ban for misrepresentation. I doubt you can fix the situation by suddenly remembering that you had a refusal. Post the full letter without any personal details to see if they gave you the opportunity to come clean.
It does sound like a weird thing to forget, right?

Amy23

Feb 19, 2020
Let's not get mean, we are all here anxious about our processes and we all know what it is like to be scared of the word "refused"m a little compassion goes a long way :)

Reactions: JohnCana123

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
Let's not get mean, we are all here anxious about our processes and we all know what it is like to be scared of the word "refused"m a little compassion goes a long way :)
Not being mean, it's understandable that people would rather not disclose previous refusals. Doesn't mean that it's right or helpful. Lots of people run into many issues and even 5 year bans when they misrepresent, so I'd rather they be aware of consequences.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
it`s mistake. we are kind.... BUT!o_O
unfortunately because of the liars, honest people suffer who are examined under the microscope too long!

AutumnSkies

May 31, 2019
It’s not being mean, it’s being truthful. Sponsorship is a serious undertaking and should be treated as such. You are doing yourself no favours by lying and in fact you’re hurting yourself more, since applications have been accepted when you’re honest about your refusals. Why risk misrepresentation and a possible ban if you don’t have to? And they will find out. You can’t just sweep it under the rug and act like it didn’t happen.

Sponsoring another person you are going to be responsible for isn’t something you do because you thought it was a cool idea at the time, and even if you’re coming on your own and not sponsoring it’s still a serious commitment. Be honest and treat the process with respect.