+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa delayed more than 10 weeks

Duglas25

Aug 3, 2018
Hi Najaah and everyone!
Thanks to Almighty my study permit is approved today. It passed exactly 192 days. I am very excited, delighted and thankful to Almighty. My recommendations for those applicants who has 6-7 year study gap and ages over 30. Do not give up and age gap is not a reason for rejection, but you have to be more pushy, persistent and patient to convince visa office.

My recommendations:

1. Have a solid realistic SOP describing genuine intention to study;
2. If you have family try to apply alone;
3. Apply early at least 7 months before university starts;
4. Provide at least USD10K more than required fund in your personal bank account and additional fund sources from sponsors in case any;
5. After pass of normal processing times frequently communicate with Immigration Office at least remind them that are still waiting (i.e. write emails every week, file complaints and case specific inquiries at least every 30 days);
6. If you work do not ever quit your job and inform your employer about your plans or at least HR, because you might get phone call from Visa Office to check your salary details, etc.;
7. Never ever book your flight early!!! I made a mistake and lost around USD 350;
8. Finally always ask for Almighty for help and guidance.

Good Luck!

Najaah mahamud

Star Member
Sep 15, 2018
Hi Najaah and everyone!
Thanks to Almighty my study permit is approved today. It passed exactly 192 days. I am very excited, delighted and thankful to Almighty. My recommendations for those applicants who has 6-7 year study gap and ages over 30. Do not give up and age gap is not a reason for rejection, but you have to be more pushy, persistent and patient to convince visa office.

My recommendations:

4. Provide at least USD10K more than required fund in your personal bank account and additional fund sources from sponsors in case any;
5. After pass of normal processing times frequently communicate with Immigration Office at least remind them that are still waiting (i.e. write emails every week, file complaints and case specific inquiries at least every 30 days);
6. If you work do not ever quit your job and inform your employer about your plans or at least HR, because you might get phone call from Visa Office to check your salary details, etc.;
7. Never ever book your flight early!!! I made a mistake and lost around USD 350;

Good Luck!

Wow! Congrats my bro . After so many stressful month you finally received. Congrats again

Majed-bq97

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hi Najaah and everyone!

My recommendations:

Good Luck!
Congrats .!! I’ve just read your post and I’m really delighted that it finally paid off.
Although the did indeed take so much time tbh. I’m in the same shoes as you were :). They took 6 weeks to respond and ask for an additional document and I have submitted it yesterday. Hope my application will end in the same way as your “except for the 192 days haha”

Wish you nothing but the best :)

CanuckGoose

Nov 5, 2018
Hi Najaah and everyone!

My recommendations:

Good Luck!
Congrats!!!

All that waiting finally paid off. Happy for you bro.

Still waiting for a decision for my little brothers application. They requested medical last week and both have done their medical exams. One status has changed to medical passed and the other still pending (he did his exam just yesterday).

Hoping for a positive decision soon.

Duglas25

Aug 3, 2018
Thank you very much for all your warm wishes! Please, never give up your hope from Almighty! Your hardships will never be unnoticed! My school starts on 4 January, so with Almighty's permission I am planning to leave some time end of December. Now I am stressed with super fast planning hahaha! Good luck to all of you! May Allah bless you all!

maycannady

Dec 5, 2018
Hi congrats, over here we applied 6 months before , we don't aplied sooner cause the IRCC established the 6 months gap between application and college starts.
Was through VAC and offline.
6 th November
Already passed medical exam
Was study permit/open work permit and Visitor visa
What patience did you have. 190 says o.o