+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa chances with 5.5 in reading module and overall 6.5

Nov 19, 2021
Hello everyone,
Hope you guys are doing well.
I am Priyanka Joshi from Gujarat in india.
I have 6.5 overall score in which
Listening : 8, Writing : 6, speaking : 6.5, reading: 5.5
I got visa refusal on 27th October and they gave 2 reasons which are mentioned below

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous
studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities,
financial ability, and/or your future prospects and plans.

My question is do I need to re appear Ielts or what ? Will I get visa with 5.5 in reading ? I hv applied for masters and I'm studying online so please give ur opinions nd share ur experience.

Thank you in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everyone,
I got visa refusal on 27th October and they gave 2 reasons which are mentioned below

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in

• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous
studies, missing mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment, language abilities,

My question is do I need to re appear Ielts or what ? Will I get visa with 5.5 in reading ? I hv applied for masters and I'm studying online so please give ur opinions nd share ur experience.

Thank you in advance.
Is the Masters at a public or private university? Why did you start studying without a permit? SDS or non SDS.

Order GCMS notes because purpose of visit can mean many things - funds, poor choice or program, no career advancment, lack of travel history or VO doesn’t believe you are a genuine student and looking at studying as a way to immigrate. Your IELTS scores are too low. You should improve them.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance.
What is your education and work history background? What degree do you want to take in Canada? Do you have family in Canada?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Master's in private university and Non sds because of score though I have paid 1 year fees and GIC
For student enrolled in master's programs, IRCC expects to see that all four IELTS scores are at least 6.5. If you have any individual scores that are 6 or lower, there is a high chance of refusal. You should rewrite IELTS and achieve higher scores