+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Chances for Mature Student

saad860

Dec 6, 2015
Did my graduation (2010) and post-graduation (2011) in Finance and Accounting from United Kingdom. I did my graduation on student visa but did post graduation on Post-Study Visa (PSW) with working less than 20 hrs all the time. I return India immediately after studies with 1 year of PSW still left on my passport.

• From 2011 – till presently running my family business.
• Future Plan – Open Marketing Consultancy firm, I am deem to come back home.
• Receive – LOA for Marketing Diploma + Internship
• Applied for visa on 3rd Dec 2015 under non spp (online)
• Showed: 4 Yrs business work experience, Bank Loan 15 lakh, Parents and my ITRs plus posted strong SOP.

Other notes:

*IELTS: 6.5 overall with 5.5 in writing, rest all above 6.0
*I am married and will be leaving my child and wife back-home.

Have any candidate with similar circumstances applied? What are chances of getting visa?

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
saad860 said:
Did graduate (2010) and post-graduate (2011) in Finance and Accounting from same University at United Kingdom. Came back India immediately after studies.
• Applied for visa on 3rd Dec 2015 under non spp.
• Showed: Business work experience, Bank Loan 15 lakh, Parents and my ITRs plus posted strong SOP with home ties and why I wanted to do marketing.

Other notes:

I am married and will be living my child and wife back-home.

Have any candidate with similar circumstances applied? What are chances of getting visa?
I share similar profile like yours :)

saad860

Dec 6, 2015
@PumpkinJack

I have made amendment to my original post, please read it and share your profile too.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

saad860 said:
Did my graduation (2010) and post-graduation (2011) in Finance and Accounting from United Kingdom. I did my graduation on student visa but did post graduation on Post-Study Visa (PSW) with working less than 20 hrs all the time. I return India immediately after studies with 1 year of PSW still left on my passport.

• Applied for visa on 3rd Dec 2015 under non spp (online)
• Showed: 4 Yrs business work experience, Bank Loan 15 lakh, Parents and my ITRs plus posted strong SOP.

Other notes:

*IELTS: 6.5 overall with 5.5 in writing, rest all above 6.0
*I am married and will be leaving my child and wife back-home.

Your profile is weak. Chances are slim to none.

1. Weak IELTS score
2. Marketing diploma after PG in finance.

saad860

Dec 6, 2015
@J5M,

You are right about it. I have given through though to it before applying. But I have heard cases where people have got visa. Lets see what happen in my case.

S317

Nov 25, 2015
@saad860..please update ur visa status..I also have such gap...i need to confirm...all d very best

saad860

Dec 6, 2015
Because I have just applied, its showing "Open" status at the movement. May be will proceed tomorrow. How about yourself? Please share your profile here or inbox me pls.

S317

Nov 25, 2015
I have already applied n waiting for my visa...

10th-87%
12th science-50%
B.sc.graduate in 2008- 50% second class
After that 2008-till date work experience in TCS

Course: chem lab technician in Seneca college toronto
Under spp..ielts-6 bands no less than 5.5 in any module
Hope for the best

ANU213

Feb 12, 2017
Friends Could you please share your views regarding Student visa after 6 Year work experience?

My Career profile

Course & College - PG Dip in International Fashion Management (1 year) @ George brown college ,toronto ,canada

Education Profile
10th 2006 80%
12th 2008 63%
Degree 2011 April 73 % (Bachelor Fashion Technology ,3 Years)
IELTS - 6.5 (L 7.5 ,S 6 ,W,6,R 6.5)

Experience Profile
2011 - 2012 - Junior Apparel Merchandiser
2012 - 2014 - Apparel Merchandiser
2014 - present - Apparel brand consultant

done some volunteering works(Have certificates ) for non -profit textile & handicrafts societies and also have the portfolio regarding the freelance works done.

Finance details
Total course fee - 15,000CD
planning to pay 1 sem fee of 7500 CD + 10500 CD for GIC Account(Living expense)

Family living in own property,,property and land documents are in mother's name.
Father is doing business(Contractor) around 30 - 40 Lacs yearly turnover through his bank account (Have the Form 16 TDS Certificates).

Came to Know that its hard to get Study permit in canada due to my previous study gap,,My Consultant told me we can file it 50-50 chance,Could you please your views in my case.looking forward

Regards

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
ANU213 said:
Friends Could you please share your views regarding Student visa after 6 Year work experience?

My Career profile

Course & College - PG Dip in International Fashion Management (1 year) @ George brown college ,toronto ,canada

Education Profile
10th 2006 80%
12th 2008 63%
Degree 2011 April 73 % (Bachelor Fashion Technology ,3 Years)
IELTS - 6.5 (L 7.5 ,S 6 ,W,6,R 6.5)

Experience Profile
2011 - 2012 - Junior Apparel Merchandiser
2012 - 2014 - Apparel Merchandiser
2014 - present - Apparel brand consultant

done some volunteering works(Have certificates ) for non -profit textile & handicrafts societies and also have the portfolio regarding the freelance works done.

Finance details
Total course fee - 15,000CD
planning to pay 1 sem fee of 7500 CD + 10500 CD for GIC Account(Living expense)

Family living in own property,,property and land documents are in mother's name.
Father is doing business(Contractor) around 30 - 40 Lacs yearly turnover through his bank account (Have the Form 16 TDS Certificates).

Came to Know that its hard to get Study permit in canada due to my previous study gap,,My Consultant told me we can file it 50-50 chance,Could you please your views in my case.looking forward

Regards

Be positive. People even above 6 years of experience apply for study permit as long as they convince VO that intent of study is genuine, not for immigration. Perhaps, you could have gone for Master's after your graduation.

ANU213

Feb 12, 2017
Mandeep..Actually ,In Canada,Only ryerson university offering master degree in fashion or textiles ..(unfortunately,they required four year undergraduate degree for admission..Here in India most of the degrees are 3 years...Another option is MBA masters..but, I find the the syllabus of George brown's college PG dip international fashion management is more focused to management/marketing areas of fashion/Apparel industry(that's what I need to study) than a normal MBA syllabus..

anyway looking forward..always positive..let's try..

Also inviting views and opinions from friends..

mandeep62

Star Member
Jul 14, 2016
ANU213 said:
Mandeep..Actually ,In Canada,Only ryerson university offering master degree in fashion or textiles ..(unfortunately,they required four year undergraduate degree for admission..Here in India most of the degrees are 3 years...Another option is MBA masters..but, I find the the syllabus of George brown's college PG dip international fashion management is more focused to management/marketing areas of fashion/Apparel industry(that's what I need to study) than a normal MBA syllabus..

anyway looking forward..always positive..let's try..

Also inviting views and opinions from friends..
It's alright. Just give justification in your statement of purpose. Good luck.

Boss07

Aug 15, 2018
Hi I am 37 years old born in 1980.

I did my 12 th -1997 Arts
Graduation. -2002. Arts
PGDCA. -2007
MBA in Marketing -2017.

15 year of experience in Sales and Marketing working Manager Marketing.

I want to pursue a course in food science or Supply Chain Management in Canada or US along with part time jobs since I have one kid 2 years old and wife.

Please help me with the university names so that I could apply