Visa chances after doing masters in india for PGC

Kul1

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
my profile-
10- 94%
12- 92%
B.Sc (microbiology/elective) - 91.9%
M.Sc (Microbial Biotechnology)- 85.33% (2020 passout)

Ielts- 7.5

I got admitted in Post graduate certificate in food safety and quality assurance management in Lambton College, Toronto.
I have paid first year fee.

Through this forum got to know visa chances are very low.

I don't want to go for second masters as it's too expensive for me, almost in each uni fee is around $45-50k.

For PhD I need supervisor, I tried but didn't get success.

Then opted for this course.

Please can someone share their sop with me who got visa after doing masters in india.

Please suggest some thing.

Thank you.

Last edited:

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
my profile-
10- 94%
12- 92%

Ielts- 7.5

I got admitted in Post graduate certificate in food safety and quality assurance management in Lambton College, Toronto.

I don't want to go for second masters as it's too expensive for me, almost in each uni fee is around $45-50k.

For PhD I need supervisor, I tried but didn't got success.

Please can someone share their sop with me who got visa after doing masters in india.

Thank you.
I didn’t have masters but I was able to write my own SOP. With your educational achievements, you definitely can write your own. Just focus on why study in Canada and how your chosen program can lead to career progression or better opportunities back in your home country.

Kul1

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
I didn’t have masters but I was able to write my own SOP. With your educational achievements, you definitely can write your own. Just focus on why study in Canada and how your chosen program can lead to career progression or better opportunities back in your home country.
Thank you, if you mind can you share your sop with me?
I'll be grateful.

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Thank you, if you mind can you share your sop with me?
I'll be grateful.
Sorry, I left my desktop computer back at home country. I don’t have a copy with me anymore. But, here’s the general outline of an SOP:

1. Why study in Canada?
  2. Why did you choose that particular program?
  3. Why did you choose that particular college/uni?
  4. How is that program going to help your career when you go back home to your country?
IMHO, if you base your SOP from somebody else’s, you risk of not fully explaining your particular application. Each application is different, even if two applicants came from the same country or applying for the same program. Each SOP needs to be unique as our DNA. Just my two-cents.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
my profile-
10- 94%
12- 92%

Ielts- 7.5

For PhD I need supervisor, I tried but didn't get success.

Thank you.
I got admitted into a second Masters degree and got my SP. I actually found most Master's program in public universities MUCH cheaper than colleges even. My Masters in Computer Science is going to cost me around $15k for 2 years program and I even got TA scholarship. MBAs are different though and costs more.

Going for a PGD course after Masters is tricky for visa approval - we've seen many refusals for this. I think with your grades, going for another Masters would have given a much better chance of approval, but if you can present a good case, you might get lucky .

Kul1

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
I have checked various masters programs in medical field but each one has high fee upto $45k.
I'm stressed now, i don't know what to do?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I have checked various masters programs in medical field but each one has high fee upto $45k.
You have to put your best foot forward. Is the food safety and quality assurance management completely relevant to your academic and/or work history? Not sure how that relates to microbial biotech.

Also did you check out Memorial university? They seem to have Masters and PGD programs that might be relevant to you. Getting admitted into a PGD program in a public university is much better than at a college.

kat_dog

Star Member
May 27, 2021
It all depends on your SOP. I have seen several get their visa approved with horrible profiles. You need to show that the course you chose will help you advance in your career. Don't base your decision off of rejections on this forum. Many come here only when they have a problem (refusal) and when someone gets approved they'd not post here, so all you probably see are rejections. Don't get demotivated, and since you've paid your first year fee, go ahead with your application. Goodluck!!

Kul1

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
You have to put your best foot forward. Is the food safety and quality assurance management completely relevant to your academic and/or work history? Not sure how that relates to microbial biotech.

Also did you check out Memorial university? They seem to have Masters and PGD programs that might be relevant to you. Getting admitted into a PGD program in a public university is much better than at a college.
I have studied food microbiology during my bachelor's as well a sin masters as a subject in one term, and have been working as microbiologist to determine quality of products, that's why I have choosen this course as I'll explain I have studied only theoretical concepts in previous studies and this course is all about quality assurance.d

Kul1

Star Member
Mar 18, 2021
It all depends on your SOP. I have seen several get their visa approved with horrible profiles. You need to show that the course you chose will help you advance in your career. Don't base your decision off of rejections on this forum. Many come here only when they have a problem (refusal) and when someone gets approved they'd not post here, so all you probably see are rejections. Don't get demotivated, and since you've paid your first year fee, go ahead with your application. Goodluck!!
Thank you, I'll try my best.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I have studied food microbiology during my bachelor's as well a sin masters as a subject in one term, and have been working as microbiologist to determine quality of products, that's why I have choosen this course as I'll explain I have studied only theoretical concepts in previous studies and this course is all about quality assurance.d
Great, justify that properly in your SOP. Good luck.