Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Congrats buddy. I have a question, please read below as posted as a new post:

I have been offered a Canadian funded PhD position at the university of Alberta and I applied on 28 April 2014 (21 days ago). Although I did not submit my medical examination report, my passport has been dispatched to the VFS office yesterday and the message says that the case has been processed. This is very unusual. What could be the possible outcome of my application? Has my application been refused or is it a call for a medical examination? Also, is it possible that they have issued me the visa, especially considering my previous international travel history and thus making me medical examination exempt?

I can't collect my passport for the next 5 days since I am extremely busy with my research at a very remote place.

Your comments will keep me going for the next 5 days, so please be generous :)

Paa

Sep 28, 2013
altafhussaine said:
Congrats buddy. I have a question, please read below as posted as a new post:

I have been offered a Canadian funded PhD position at the university of Alberta and I applied on 28 April 2014 (21 days ago). Although I did not submit my medical examination report, my passport has been dispatched to the VFS office yesterday and the message says that the case has been processed. This is very unusual. What could be the possible outcome of my application? Has my application been refused or is it a call for a medical examination? Also, is it possible that they have issued me the visa, especially considering my previous international travel history and thus making me medical examination exempt?

I can't collect my passport for the next 5 days since I am extremely busy with my research at a very remote place.

Your comments will keep me going for the next 5 days, so please be generous :)

Your case is a bit complicated. Normally they should ask for medicals first. Anyways seniors will help and let's hope for the better.

Sep 22, 2013
Congratulations to you. However, must a person show proof of transferability of funds? And importantly, what is the value of your tuition fee; since 40,000 CAD on a bank statement might not get the visa for every applicant. Thanks for your expected response.

fazeel

Jan 26, 2011
Pakistan
Paa said:
I applied for Visa on 9th April,received medical call on 22nd April and got approval on 1st May for Fall term(Concordia University,Montreal-Masters in Public Policy and Public Administration). I already had three US student visa rejections last year but better still had positive hopes to apply for Canada and got it by God's grace. I'm posting this to some extent answer questions on students trying to lie about their previous visa rejections on their application form. This attitude to me is not positive and most at times go against students. "Never lie on the application form", that's what I learnt on this forum and it wasn't any problem for me mentioning the rejection on my application form. Hard work pays, give your positive best and believe in God for the miracle. Thanks to you all(Mead,Regina,...)
Congrates. Have applied online or through paper application?

Paa

Sep 28, 2013
meremere said:
Did u sponsor urself or u had other sponsor? Plus did u apply as an already employed person?
I had other sponsor and I was employed also,not for long though.

Paa

Sep 28, 2013
The Future is Now said:
Congratulations to you. However, must a person show proof of transferability of funds? And importantly, what is the value of your tuition fee; since 40,000 CAD on a bank statement might not get the visa for every applicant. Thanks for your expected response.
Annual tuition was CAD 1300 plus living expenses CAD 11000. Sorry,I don't really know about the transferability of funds.

loginbits12

Star Member
May 13, 2014
Paa said:
All my immediate family are in my home country and I wrote in the SOP I was definitely going to return after my studies. My bank statement had a balance of around CAD 40,000.
HI Paa I applied to a university in Canada by an educational consultant. I got unconditional offer letter from the university. I paid tuition fee deposit for 1 semester of $100 as mentioned. but my consultant is asking me to pay 1 semester fee of $6000.My total tuition fee is $36000 and $10000 living expenses. I know paying tuition increase chance of visa from India. Please can tell me
1)what are the chance of visa without paying tuition fee (university category) I applying for loan for 20 laks and 6 lakhs fixed deposit (no gic). Please can you tell me is this ok . Please advice me. thank you
Please can you share your exp. Thank you

meremere

May 18, 2014
Pls will lik to know if u sponsored urself, or u ve a sponsor.
Am asking cos am sponsorin mysef , I ve all d funds 2 prove dat am capable of doing so as well, . How do you tk I should go abt it.
Tnx and congrats once more.

Paa

Sep 28, 2013
loginbits12 said:
HI Paa I applied to a university in Canada by an educational consultant. I got unconditional offer letter from the university. I paid tuition fee deposit for 1 semester of $100 as mentioned. but my consultant is asking me to pay 1 semester fee of $6000.My total tuition fee is $36000 and $10000 living expenses. I know paying tuition increase chance of visa from India. Please can tell me
1)what are the chance of visa without paying tuition fee (university category) I applying for loan for 20 laks and 6 lakhs fixed deposit (no gic). Please can you tell me is this ok . Please advice me. thank you
Please can you share your exp. Thank you

Is it true fee payment increases your chance of visa approval. But in my case, I had not pay my fees before applying. I guess all also depends on the quality of your application and the documents submitted. All the best.

Paa

Sep 28, 2013
meremere said:
Pls will lik to know if u sponsored urself, or u ve a sponsor.
Am asking cos am sponsorin mysef , I ve all d funds 2 prove dat am capable of doing so as well, . How do you tk I should go abt it.
Tnx and congrats once more.
Off course you can certainly sponsor yourself if you have enough funds and that funds will readily be available to cater for all your educational expenses throughout your studies.

sanMUG

Star Member
May 30, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2016
Hi do we have to give bank statements under SPP??

meremere

May 18, 2014
Tnx for ur Swift reply, I would also love 2 travel wit my wife and baby, what do u tink is our chances of getin a visa wen we apply same time?. Ve got d fund 2 prove we wil be going back 2 our country , .dunno if we get positive chances