+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa approved in US but applicant went back to Home Country

Frymybheja

Oct 8, 2021
We had applied for my mother's tourist visa for Canada in USA. We received the request to submit passport but due to some personal reasons, she had to travel back to Indian the same week. So we were unable to submit Passport.
Now they tried to courier document and passport with a return label to NY office but courier company said, per Indian rules, sending passport out of country is illegal.
Has anyone been in this sort of situation ? Can we get the application shifted to Indian office so that the passport can be submitted in India instead of US ?

s23srinivas

Jul 27, 2015
We had applied for my mother's tourist visa for Canada in USA. We received the request to submit passport but due to some personal reasons, she had to travel back to Indian the same week. So we were unable to submit Passport.
Now they tried to courier document and passport with a return label to NY office but courier company said, per Indian rules, sending passport out of country is illegal.
Has anyone been in this sort of situation ? Can we get the application shifted to Indian office so that the passport can be submitted in India instead of US ?
You can submit the passport in India for getting the visa stamped.
I had a similar situation where I had applied for a super visa in India for my mother but submitted the passport in Dubai when she got the request for stamping.
So I dont think you will have a problem if you submit the passport in India.
All the best.

Frymybheja

Oct 8, 2021
You can submit the passport in India for getting the visa stamped.
I had a similar situation where I had applied for a super visa in India for my mother but submitted the passport in Dubai when she got the request for stamping.
So I dont think you will have a problem if you submit the passport in India.
All the best.
Based on your input, we went to the VFS center and were informed that we can submit the passport in India.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and giving the pointer.

scarbsmans

Sep 5, 2018
Hi @Frymybheja could you please share your processing time and timeline. I have applied for my father's visitor visa from the USA and I would like to get an idea how long is the processing taking.

Thanks in advance!

Frymybheja

Oct 8, 2021
We had applied separately for mom and dad. Dad's was applied in January and took around 2 months. Mom's was applied in around March and it took about 30-40 days to receive request of passport submission.