+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa approved in 2nd attempt!

sharadyadav

Aug 12, 2015
Finally my study permit to Canada has been approved.
I got my visa in the second attempt!

I did apply on 31st July 15 under generic category.

My file was processing in New Delhi and on Aug 11th I got my passport dispatched status around 2.00 p.m. And on 12th Aug at 10.10 a.m. received an approval mail.

I am going for Hospitality & Tourism Management course to Niagara College, Welland, Ontario. I received $2000 scholarship too from the college. $1000 for 1st term and $1000 for 2nd.

My profile is :

10th CBSE - 60.80% (2006)
12th CBSE - 54.00% (2008) with PCM
B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration (2008-2012) - 64.00% , 1 backlog in 2nd year, took 4 yrs to complete 3 yrs degree cause I suffered from jaundice during the final exams of 1st year. Though I appeared in the examination but however wasn't able to clear 3 subjects of 1st year and had to repeat the entire academic year. My course was with 1 semester of compulsory internship that I did from Taj Palace Hotel, New Delhi
IELTS- Overall 7.0 with no band under 6.5
Work Experience:
Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd.(McDonald's India) : Worked as a 2nd Asst. Mgr. from Oct. 2012 to Nov 2013 in Chennai
ITC Limited (Wills Lifestyle) : Worked as a Customer Associate from Jan 2014 to Aug 2014 in Bangalore
1 year gap.

I got a support letter from Niagara College stating that my academics are perfectly suited for the course I'm going for and also got the recommendation letter from my college in India.

So, If you have issues related to poor academics like I do. It's good to add recommendation letters. Get one from the college/university you previously studied at and from the college you are going to study in Canada.

Thank you everyone on this forum who really helped a lot

Good Luck to everyone

This was my second attempt I had applied under spp earlier for May 2015 intake in Lambton College, Toronto and got refused for other reasons: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.

aidoo25

Aug 2, 2015
@ sharadyadav

Good to know you have finally been approved. I'm wishing you all the best in your endeavor.
Congrats...

amrs21

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hyderabad, India
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-July-2015
Med's Done....
17-June-2015
Interview........
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
15-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
28-Aug-2015
sharadyadav said:

My file was processing in New Delhi and on Aug 11th I got my passport dispatched status around 2.00 p.m. And on 12th Aug at 10.10 a.m. received an approval mail.

I am going for Hospitality & Tourism Management course to Niagara College, Welland, Ontario

My profile is :

B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration (2008-2012) - 64.00% , 1 backlog in 2nd year, took 4 yrs to complete 3 yrs degree cause I suffered from jaundice during the final exams of 1st year. Though I appeared in the examination but however wasn't able to clear 3 subjects of 1st year and had to repeat the entire academic year. My course was with 1 semester of compulsory internship that I did from Taj Palace Hotel, New Delhi
Work Experience:
Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd.(McDonald's India) : Worked as a 2nd Asst. Mgr. from Oct. 2012 to Nov 2013 in Chennai
ITC Limited (Wills Lifestyle) : Worked as a Customer Associate from Jan 2014 to Aug 2014 in Bangalore
1 year gap.

I got a support letter from the Niagara College stating that my academics are perfectly suited for the course I'm going for and also got the recommendation letter from my college in India.

So, If you have issues related to poor academics like I do. It's good to add recommendation letters. Get one from the college/university you previously studied at and from the college you are going to study in Canada.

Good Luck to everyone

This was my second attempt I had applied under spp earlier for May 2015 intake in Lambton College, Toronto and got refused for other reasons: Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications, previous studies, employment, level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
Congratulations & All the best for your future
Even my visa got rejected under SPP category, Applied again under General Category
Hoping for the best

fzindani

Star Member
May 5, 2015
canada
Category........
AINP
App. Filed.......
21-12-2017
Doc's Request.
16-11-2018
Nomination.....
21-11-2018
AOR Received.
21-03-2019
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-09-2019
Med's Done....
06-16-2019
sharadyadav said:

I am going for Hospitality & Tourism Management course to Niagara College, Welland, Ontario

My profile is :

Work Experience:
1 year gap.

I got a support letter from the Niagara College stating that my academics are perfectly suited for the course I'm going for and also got the recommendation letter from my college in India.

Good Luck to everyone

@sarad yadav , which course u applied earlier? when u faced rejection? did u change the course and the college?

sharadyadav

Aug 12, 2015
Dear fzindani,

I had applied for 2 year Post Graduate(ontario graduate certificate) course in Hospitality Management in Lambton College, Toronto for may 15 inake which was relevant to my previous studies. I think last time the reson for my refusal was because of low academics that I have. So, this time as I already mentioned in my above quote I asked for a support letter from niagara college stating that I met all the admission requirement for the program I'm enrolled in and also got the recommendation letter from my college in india. Also I explained in my sop that my low grades doesn't reflect my personality and the practical knowledge I posses in my field.

I changed my college because Lambton, Toronto didn't have sep intake for my course. Also, opted for 1 year course this time as my consultant suggested me to do so.

I submitted my application last time in vfs, New Delhi on 26th March 15 and got my passport dispatched status changed on 20th April 15 and received my blank passport on 22nd April 15. But I guess they had refused my application on April 8th itself. It was the date mentioned on my refusal letter.

surya377

Aug 7, 2015
hi bro congrats for ur visa and can u please mail ur sop once because I to got same refusal for same program for fanshawe college.

mail id: tejasurya377@gmail.com

amrs21

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Hyderabad, India
Visa Office......
Bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-July-2015
Med's Done....
17-June-2015
Interview........
Not Required
VISA ISSUED...
15-Aug-2015
LANDED..........
28-Aug-2015
sharadyadav said:
Thank u amrs21 and don't worry u'll get a gud news very soon. All d best!

aman1987

Aug 15, 2015
2 times visa reject

Hi everyone..
I did b.tech in cse with 62% in 2010....nd I have experience of 4 years as php programmer .I scored 6 bands in ielts not less then 5.5...I applied in macwean university for 2 year pg diploma of design studies nd in Mohawk collage I applied the the course for computer software technician...then I received two times rejection for may nd September intake..
Reason for rejection are same.
1.proposed studies are not reasonable in light of past studies.....

Plz suggest me ...that I have to do next....I m totatty confused for my future

Saravdeep Singh

Aug 15, 2015
Helloi also want to reapply,

I had applied for MEng. (Mechanical) in university of Guelph and my visa got refused by Chandigarh visa office. Reason for refusal was- Proposed program is not reasonable in light of past studies , academic scores and language abilities.

My profile is-

10th- 67%
Diploma in mechanical engg. - 67 %
B.Tech (Mech.)- 6.80 (CGPA)
one year certificate course (cad/cam)- 85%
IELTS- 7.0 bands (not less than 6)

When i cross checked my file i came to know about few mistakes-

1- In the column FUNDS AVAILABLE FOR STAY , my consultant just filled $10000 ( paid gic ) , i also have other funds and bank balances , which were not mentioned in that column.

2- In educational background column , Highest level of post secondary education was filled as my certificate course , but i think my B.Tech should've filled in that column.

3- There were also more than 26 pages just of my bank statements and certificates , i think over number of documents may have caused refusal.

Now i requested university to defer my admission to next intake and i also requested them to provide me a support letter. I wish to reaply for visa. PLEASE GUIDE ME WHAT SHOULD I DO. PLEASEEEEE IT's URGENT !!!!!!!

ms.mech

Jul 21, 2012
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-12-2017
AOR Received.
11-03-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
With File
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-2017
LANDED..........
26-05-2017

Lovepreetfdk

Aug 15, 2015
Plz help me out... Really UPSET

hey dude, me too got refusal on this 12th August from Chandigarh visa Office stating that my course is not relevant with my past studies ..!!
Really am very upset, :'(
Ielts 6.5 Overall each not less then 5.5
10th CBSE 73%
12th CBSE 64.5% (commerce) without Math
I had Offer letter of Columbia College Vancouver for UT Business Course.
Do really my course mismatch or its just about my low percentage in 12th class, or the subject mathematics matter here..?
My 12th class score are as following
English- 80
Accountancy 57
Economics 59
Business 62
Phy. Edu 65
please suggest me good course which would be helpfull for me in getting visa and in future life