+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa approved after 36 days of submitting application and contacting CHCNewDelhi

mwansaa

Star Member
Jan 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am writing on behalf of my wife who just received notification from CHC New Delhi (CHC ND) of approval of her study permit (920 AM 21 August). My wife will be doing a second PhD at Simon Fraser University and her classes start on 2 Sep 2014.
Application (paper-based) along with passport filed with VFS Bangalore on 14 July 2014 (no SOP included). Received request for medicals from CHC ND on 23 July 2014 by email. Medicals completed in Bangalore on 27 July 2014. On 11 august my wife sends an email to CHC ND enquiring about the status of her application and stating that she is enquiring because the 3 week average processing time for CHC ND has passed. She gets a response from CHC ND the following day saying that a medical request was sent to her on 23 July and to complete her medicals or else if completed to send details (name of hospital, name of panel physician and other details). She sends these details to them. She then receives another email later that same day with the same medical request that was sent on 23 July. This was confusing as we felt that may be they didn't receive the medicals. My wife contacted the hospital as well and they said that they sent the medicals and they would speak to CHC ND regarding her medicals (my wife sent the hospital an email as well). The next day CHC ND responds by email telling her to ignore the previous email and to send them the IME number. Now this IME number is on the medical form CHC ND sent with the original medical request. They are the ones that generated the number so go figure why they asked her for the number. Anyway, my wife sent them the IME number and asked for confirmation that the medicals were received. So we're into the long weekend for Independence Day... a day off for the CHC is an extra day of worrying for us applicants. My wife then sends another email two days ago (19 August) asking them to confirm that her medicals were received and didn't receive a response but received the approval email today. My wife is yet to receive an email saying that her passport has been dispatched.
I am writing this message to inform you that you can contact the CHC ND and receive a response. There are guidelines on the website for circumstances under which you can contact them and the format (see information in a couple of posts below). Mark your subject line as URGENT: (reason) , your identification information and if applicable that the average processing time of 3 weeks (for CHC ND) has passed. I hope this helps someone. If there is something I have missed ask me and I will answer. Good luck to all.

mwansaa

Star Member
Jan 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Visa approved after 36 days of submitting application not without a few bumps

paper based non-SPP at Vfs Bangalore

mwansaa

Star Member
Jan 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: Visa approved after 36 days of submitting application not without a few bumps

This is the email ID of CHC ND used: DELHI-IMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Website with the instructions/guidelines for sending a request to CHC ND: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/enquiry-how_demande-comment.aspx

I hope this helps someone

mwansaa

Star Member
Jan 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

PLEASE NOTE WEBFORM FOR CASE SPECIFIC INQUIRIES FOR ND IS NOT WORKING AT THE MOMENT

This is the information from the website referred to above that I have copy-pasted below:

Making enquiries about...

...sponsoring your family: Family members in Canada sponsoring overseas applicants may phone the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) Call Centre from within Canada. The Call Centre can make address changes for your address in Canada. You can use the automated telephone service or speak with a Call Centre agent.

...confirming receipt of documents and bank drafts/transfers: We will not confirm reception of your documents. If you want a confirmation of delivery, you must send your documents by registered mail or courier. If you want a confirmation that we have processed your bank draft or transfer, you should contact the bank that issued the draft or made the transfer.

...an application in process: If you already have an application at our office, we will answer your question only if our average processing time has been exceeded or if there is a problem. Otherwise, you should assume that your file is proceeding normally. Processing time starts when your complete application has been received in our office and ends on the day the final decision (i.e. approval/refusal) leaves our office.

CIC provides an on-line service to check your application status, e-CAS, for certain categories of immigration applications.

Instructions for making an enquiry...
•Choose ONE method of communication: e-mail or mail. Please do not send repeat enquiries and do not send the same enquiry by different means. This creates confusion and will delay our reply.
•We will only respond to enquiries sent in one of the official languages of Canada – English or French.
Please include all of the following information with your enquiry:
◦file number, if available
◦passport number
◦full name, as it appears on your passport
◦date of birth
◦mailing address
◦e-mail address *
◦telephone
◦nationality

...in person or by phone

For reasons of privacy, we do not accept enquiries in person or by phone. If your enquiry is urgent due to factors outside of your control, send an e-mail clearly indicating “URGENT:” followed by the reason for the urgency.

...by e-mail

Use the webform (New Delhi / Chandigarh) to send an e-mail to the visa office in New Delhi for case specific enquiries.

After you have sent your e-mail, you will receive an automatic message acknowledging that we have received your enquiry. This message will be sent to the e-mail address that you entered on the webform. If you do not receive this message within 24 hours, then it may be in your junk mail box or you may have entered your e-mail address incorrectly.

*By supplying your e-mail address (in your enquiry or previously in your application), you have initiated an e-mail communication with Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). By this action, you have authorized CIC to use the e-mail address provided by you for communication with you including the transmission of personal information on your file/case. When you supply your e-mail address to CIC, it is also understood that you are aware that this channel may not be a secure channel. CIC is not liable for the electronic disclosure of personal information to a third party where CIC has taken reasonable means to ensure the identity of the party. CIC is also not liable for the misuse of this information by a third party.

...by mail

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
P.O. Box 5209
New Delhi
110021, India

Consulate General of Canada
SCO 54-55-56, Sector 17 A
Chandigarh 160017
India

Enquiries by friends, relatives or representatives

You do not need to use an immigration representative. The Government of Canada treats everyone equally, whether or not they use the services of a representative.

If you choose to use a representative, your application will not be given any special attention by the immigration officer. Your representative cannot guarantee that your application will be approved.

All the forms and information that you need to apply for a visa are available free on this website. If you follow the instructions in the application guide, you can complete the application forms and submit them on your own.

However, if you wish to appoint a representative (an immigration consultant, lawyer, friend, family member, etc.), who will conduct business with us on your behalf, please see information on Use of a representative.

If you just wish to designate someone to obtain information about your case (e.g. the status of your application) or to notify our office of a change in address if you move, then please read about the Release of information to an individual . The individual you designate will not be a representative who can conduct business with us on your behalf.

zyzz_jatt

Aug 6, 2014
Visa Office......
none
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014 paper based
IELTS Request
30-9-2017 (7.0 overall)
File Transfer...
26-10-2017
Med's Done....
21-10-2017
Interview........
no idea
VISA ISSUED...
processing at VFS chd
mwansaa said:
I am writing on behalf of my wife who just received notification from CHC New Delhi (CHC ND) of approval of her study permit (920 AM 21 August). My wife will be doing a second PhD at Simon Fraser University and her classes start on 2 Sep 2014.
Application (paper-based) along with passport filed with VFS Bangalore on 14 July 2014 (no SOP included). Received request for medicals from CHC ND on 23 July 2014 by email. Medicals completed in Bangalore on 27 July 2014. On 11 august my wife sends an email to CHC ND enquiring about the status of her application and stating that she is enquiring because the 3 week average processing time for CHC ND has passed. She gets a response from CHC ND the following day saying that a medical request was sent to her on 23 July and to complete her medicals or else if completed to send details (name of hospital, name of panel physician and other details). She sends these details to them. She then receives another email later that same day with the same medical request that was sent on 23 July. This was confusing as we felt that may be they didn't receive the medicals. My wife contacted the hospital as well and they said that they sent the medicals and they would speak to CHC ND regarding her medicals (my wife sent the hospital an email as well). The next day CHC ND responds by email telling her to ignore the previous email and to send them the IME number. Now this IME number is on the medical form CHC ND sent with the original medical request. They are the ones that generated the number so go figure why they asked her for the number. Anyway, my wife sent them the IME number and asked for confirmation that the medicals were received. So we're into the long weekend for Independence Day... a day off for the CHC is an extra day of worrying for us applicants. My wife then sends another email two days ago (19 August) asking them to confirm that her medicals were received and didn't receive a response but received the approval email today. My wife is yet to receive an email saying that her passport has been dispatched.
I am writing this message to inform you that you can contact the CHC ND and receive a response. There are guidelines on the website for circumstances under which you can contact them and the format (see information in a couple of posts below). Mark your subject line as URGENT: (reason) , your identification information and if applicable that the average processing time of 3 weeks (for CHC ND) has passed. I hope this helps someone. If there is something I have missed ask me and I will answer. Good luck to all.

Hi,
I tracked my file number and I got this message displayed on screen
"Visa application, tracking ID No. 20140801INCDSXXXX You are requested to submit additional documents to the Canada Visa Office,CHANDIGARH, for further processing. Please call VAC helpline number for further information.