+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Approval after deferring your admission

vinoths

Nov 19, 2018
I have applied for my study permit on Sep 16th 2020 for the Jan 2021 intake. I submitted my biometrics on Jan 4th 2021.
Now that the classes for Jan intake have already started and I am yet to receive any decision on my study permit application, I have no choice but to defer my admission to Sep 2021 intake (as my university doesn't offer a May intake for my course). Last date to defer is 10th Jan 2021.
As per the universities' confirmation, they will take around a month's time to provide me the new admission offer letter (for Sep 2021 intake).
I am aware that I need to send the new admission offer letter through the IRCC webform as soon as I receive it from the university. But, my question is, what should I do in the case of when I receive my visa approval during this one month period, i.e. after I have deferred my admission to Sep 2021 intake, but my visa for Jan 2021 intake has been approved before I could update the new admission offer letter of Sep 2021 intake.

Ppun

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
same happened with me. I updated the May 2021 LOA through webform and same day in evening got PPR.
Not sure about the steps now.
Hi! Did you received email from IRCC stating that the LOA was received?

I have also deferred after PASSPORT REQUEST. I uploaded new LOA in December 13 but still haven’t received confirmation email from IRCC!!

Newname

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Hi! Did you received email from IRCC stating that the LOA was received?

I have also deferred after PASSPORT REQUEST. I uploaded new LOA in December 13 but still haven’t received confirmation email from IRCC!!
received confirmation that it is received but not updated in profile. Not sure, if VO has seen or not . Did your visa got stamped.

Last edited:

Ppun

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Applied July 20
Medical done
Biometrics December 8
PPR December 11
New LOA received December 11
Uploaded LOA December 13
Passport stamping sent December 22

Newname

Star Member
Mar 11, 2020
Applied July 20
Medical done
Biometrics December 8
PPR December 11
New LOA received December 11
Uploaded LOA December 13
Passport stamping sent December 22
For you its been more than 1 week. I am waiting .

Ppun

Star Member
Aug 2, 2020
Guys! Do i need to upload around webform. As they haven’t provided me confirmation email of LOA!?

anonworker

Aug 5, 2020
In the same situation, got ppr but deffered.. are you guys giving visa to stamp ? And if yes then what's the dates on passport