+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa application refused

shishi85

Sep 22, 2017
Hi ,
I applied for Temporary visit visa from UK ( london)
I had a respond and my visa has been refused under 3 reason .

1.I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your "travel History"
i am holding the certificate of travel issued by UK AND I have humanitarian protection visa which is issues 4 years ago from "HOME OFFICE"( UK IMMIGRATION) . it means i am fully resident in UK. I have given all the copy of all the visa from turkey and Schengen visa and all the stamp in my passport . I have not have any stamp of entrance and exit of any european country as the immigration of those country did not stamp my passport but i have proof of the visa i obtain in my passport . i only gave what it was in my travel document which will be expire in 9 months.
is there any problem my schengen visa has not been stamp ? i have a proof of ticket to show that i travelled to schengen when i get my visa.

what else i could give them?
previous passport ?

2.I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your " Immigration status "

I have a temporary residency under " Humanitarian protection " which is another way of refugee visa from UK on 2013 and i am fully resident in UK and I have a registered business in UK and i am tax payer as well.

what the officer mean my immigration status ?
My visa will expire in 9 months and i would need to submit the application for my ILR which is a " indefinite leave to remain " by my lawyer .
that means i will be permanent resident by that time.
my type of visa will take 5 years to become permanent residency in UK.
I am only allowed to be away from UK , 3 month on each year .
how come the officer was not satisfied with my immigration status ?

what would i need to submit ?

3.I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your purpose of trip .

I wrote on my application that i want to visit Toronto as a tourist and would like to see historical places and i mentioned their name but they did not mention they need a reservation or ticket booking . i did not provide any invitation .

what would i need to submit in these case to get my visit?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi ,
I applied for Temporary visit visa from UK ( london)
I had a respond and my visa has been refused under 3 reason .
Hi,

The visa officer is not convinced that you will return to the UK at the end of your visit. This could be due to your current refugee status in the UK.

From your post, it seems like you missed out on providing a whole bunch of documents i.e. you didn't prove your ties to the UK. Also, you don't have any compelling reason to visit Canada.

I suggest you hold off your travel plans to Canada until you apply/get your ILR

Cheers

May Waheed

Nov 19, 2017
Hello.
I recently applied for one study permit and one TRV for Canada. The study permit was for a 3 year diploma. The TRV was for my old mother who wished to travel and stay with me for the duration of my studies due to religious purposes and that I could not stay in Canada alone. Both of our applications have been rejected and the following reasons have been provided:
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179 (b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179 (b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
3. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179 (b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

It should be noted that in terms of financial proof, the bank statement, employment letter and the letter of consent of our family friend was submitted, having an amount of approximately 34000 Canadian dollars, but no proof of our own financial support was provided. I also attached a letter of explanation with my application explaining all these matters.

Can you please inform me what further documents I need for me to submit my application again, as my classes are starting in January and I wish to take my mother with me. I will be very thankful to you.

durraniabii

Jun 22, 2017
Hi,

1. Which refusal boxes were checked?

2. What documents did you submit?

3. What is the purpose of your visit? Duration?

4. What ties can you demonstrate to your home country? Employment/business + property/land ownership + dependent family (do they have medical conditions that require full-time care? If yes, who will take care of them in your absence?) + your financial situation + any previous travel history?

Cheers
dear I am waiting for your reply. why you are ignoring me ?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
dear I am waiting for your reply. why you are ignoring me ?
I will need a good deal of time to reply to your post and to give my suggestions. I'm quite busy both personally and professionally although it is the weekend. And, you won't be applying for another three months until February.

Please do be patient. I will reply sometime this week or next weekend

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello.
I recently applied for one study permit and one TRV for Canada. The study permit was for a 3 year diploma. The TRV was for my old mother who wished to travel and stay with me for the duration of my studies due to religious purposes and that I could not stay in Canada alone. Both of our applications have been rejected and the following reasons have been provided:
1. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179 (b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
2. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179 (b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
3. I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179 (b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

It should be noted that in terms of financial proof, the bank statement, employment letter and the letter of consent of our family friend was submitted, having an amount of approximately 34000 Canadian dollars, but no proof of our own financial support was provided. I also attached a letter of explanation with my application explaining all these matters.

Can you please inform me what further documents I need for me to submit my application again, as my classes are starting in January and I wish to take my mother with me. I will be very thankful to you.
Hi,

First, your mom won't be able to accompany you for the entire duration of your diploma, religious purposes or not. Your mom can apply for a TRV to visit you as a visitor. If granted a TRV, she can stay for a maximum of 6 months and would then need to extend her stay. But sooner or later, you can expect any extensions to be refused and she would need to return to your home country.

Second, financials of family friends/non-family members don't work for study permits.

I suggest you re-assess your entire study permit application:
1. Are the proposed studies inline with your current employment/education profile?

2. Why a three year diploma.... why not a degree program instead?

3. What documents did you submit for your immigration status in your current country of residence? Are you presently a visitor there? Are you originally from a country which is politically unstable?

4. Are you/your mother able to fund your study program and your stay?

Cheers

Reactions: canuck78

May Waheed

Nov 19, 2017
Hello.
Thank you for replying.
I can fix the case of my mother's TRV by applying for just a few months until I am settled in Canada, after which she will return. I hope then they will be satisfied with my mother's case.

As for financial support, my legal guardian has two businesses with sufficient funds, but not in terms of bank statement. Will the work licenses and proof be enough?

The diploma is very much in line with my previous studies. I couldn't apply to a degree due to deadlines, so I applied for a diploma and got admitted.

As for my immigration status, I reside in Saudi Arabia, holding a permanent resident card. I was born here and my family has resided here for 30+ years, but my passport is from Pakistan. Does that have an effect on my immigration status?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I can fix the case of my mother's TRV by applying for just a few months until I am settled in Canada, after which she will return. I hope then they will be satisfied with my mother's case.
Your mom would need to prove she has reasons to return to Saudi Arabia such as dependent family members (your dad, unmarried minor siblings, for example) + a lease agreement + any previous travel to the UK, Schengen countries, would help.

I recommend your mom applies some months after you have arrived/started your study program. Otherwise it would seem like she is moving with you (as she had already stated these intentions in her previous TRV application i.e. a 'visit' of 3 years).

As for financial support, my legal guardian has two businesses with sufficient funds, but not in terms of bank statement. Will the work licenses and proof be enough?
No, it won't be adequate.

1. Did you submit any legal documents to prove s/he is your legal guardian?
2. Business bank statements don't correctly reflect available/'clear' funds as the transactions are dynamic. Normally, it includes operating costs/ material/ salaries/ payments owned and due, etc etc.

I suggest you move over to the 'International Students' section for more advice on this.

As for my immigration status, I reside in Saudi Arabia, holding a permanent resident card. I was born here and my family has resided here for 30+ years, but my passport is from Pakistan. Does that have an effect on my immigration status?
You were born in Saudi Arabia/you have a PR card + your family is able to prove long-term residence there. That said, you (and when your mom applies later) must include these documents + other documents issued by Saudi authorities to establish your long-term residence. These must be in English or translated into English by a certified translator

durraniabii

Jun 22, 2017
I will need a good deal of time to reply to your post and to give my suggestions. I'm quite busy both personally and professionally although it is the weekend. And, you won't be applying for another three months until February.

Please do be patient. I will reply sometime this week or next weekend

Ok Bryanna Thank you

Ahmed541

Dec 18, 2017
I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out
your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect
your departure.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment
prospects in your country of residence.

PROTECTED - B

IMM5621GEN (10-2017) E

resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment
situation.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and
financial status

any idea i am having 5 month studies for private pilot license and my fees were 10200$ i paid 9500$ and 5000$ statement

Ahmed541

Dec 18, 2017
this is the 2nd time and eventually immigration officer applied in this first time i applied 2nd time immigration officer now i have no way out what to do based in saudi

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
It looks like the officer concluded that because of the nature of your studies and the employment prospects in your home country (private pilot is very, very niche anywhere), you are more likely to stay in Canada after your studies to try to look for a job than to go to your home country.

It's a long shot, but I don't know if you can present some sort of offer or apprenticeship from your home country scheduled after your studies to prove that you will leave Canada.

Ahmed541

Dec 18, 2017
well immigration officer is clearly annoying haha but the thing is is i am already in an LOI with one of the airways all i wanted to do is flying in hard weathers anyways i have more options to apply :p