+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa application refused

monicalaura

Jun 13, 2017
Hello,

I have applied for a temporary visa to Canada, and I received a negative answer.
Here are the reasons for the refusal:

You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your or your host's income and assets.
• I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purposeof your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

My question is: if I want to apply again, what documents exactly I must provide, in the conditions in which I have a sponsor, and two old and ill parents?
I provided my sponsor's bank statements for the last 4 months and my bank account of CAD 5000. What amount of money do I need to be eligible for a temporary visa and what other proofs should I provide that I will leave Canada at the end of my visit?

Thank you for the help,

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. Which refusal boxes were checked?

2. What documents did you submit?

3. What is the purpose of your visit? Duration?

4. What ties can you demonstrate to your home country? Employment/business + property/land ownership + dependent family (do they have medical conditions that require full-time care? If yes, who will take care of them in your absence?) + your financial situation + any previous travel history?

Cheers

monicalaura

Jun 13, 2017
Hi,
All the boxes above are checked, so basically, these are all the grounds of refusal.
I planned a 2- months trip to Canada. House and food are provided by the friends whom I visit. I uploaded their letter of invitation.
As I just started a new freelance activity which doesn't produce enough income yet, I have a sponsor in Romania who will support my whole trip. I provided his bank statements for the last 4 months, as well as my last bank statement with the amount of CAD 5000.
It's true that even though I provided medical rapports for my parents'health state, I didn't mention who will take care of them during my absence (it will be a relative).
As about my previous travel history, I uploaded photos of my previous passport including quite many visas, as well as my permanent Belgium residency, which expires in 2018. I really don't see what else I should provide in my situation.
Everything is set up in Canada for my visit, and I am now in a difficult situation due to this refusal.
Any concrete information is more than welcome.
Thank you.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
2 months is way too long. Indicates no significant ties to your home country. $5K for 2 months is also inadequate ($1K/week seems to be rule of thumb plus airfare). Your sponsors bank balance plays significantly little part in the decision process as there are no legal obligations to hold them to. Essentially IRCC want to see that you can pay for the trip and that, ultimately, you are leaving Canada.

Reactions: scylla and Bryanna

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Also, your freelancing which does not generate adequate income to support your visit + started recently means negligible employment ties.

Based on your posts, your only reason to return to your home country are your parents. However, even this is a weak tie because if you intend to visit for a relatively long duration of two months = your parents' medical condition is not critical and/or does not require you to take care of them.

The negatives in your application (2 months' visit + financial dependence on your Romanian sponsor + no employment + no property ownership, etc) far outweigh your reasons to return home.

I would recommend you do not reapply until you establish significant ties to your home country.... particularly in terms of employment, better financials, and other commitments

Reactions: scylla

monicalaura

Jun 13, 2017
Thank you for your answers.
Do you think that, if I reduce my trip to 1 month, and my host in Canada is able to prove they will be able to support me during this period, I would have a chance to get the visa? I could also provide a letter from the relative who takes care of my parents during this period.
I actually have a Belgium permanent residency, and I left Belgium just to be with my parents in Romania. Shouldn't this fact be enough proof that I don't intend to stay in Canada?
Do you know to whom I can address all these questions to the Embassy because so far, I couldn't find a way to get in touch with somebody responsible for this visa process?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
There's no one you can contact at the Embassy for help - they don't provide this kind of assistance. If you're looking for additional assistance, you'll have to hire an immigration lawyer or consultant.

I think a 1 month trip is still too long and it won't help that someone here offers to pay for the trip (CIC wants to see that you have the finances required). I agree with everyone else. I would hold off applying again until something significant in your profile changes and you have a higher chance of acceptance.

sharmask7

Jan 8, 2014
@Bryanna

Hi,

I applied for a Tourist Visa in April 2017 and got a refusal of the same:

The purpose of my travelling was to settle my childrens who have got admission in a Elementary school in Canada and received Letter of Acceptance (LOA) in favor of them.We applied "Student Visa" for them and "Visitor Visa" for me and my spouse. The purpose was to get them settle their and come back to home country. The visa officer have rejected all 4 applications stating the reason that:

Visa cannot be issued since "We do not have any travel history". And it is true that we have not travelled internationally before. Although I am working and can show funds upto 50-60K CAD. Have strong ties in Home country. Recently my father passed away and now my mother is alone. So cannot think of staying more than 2-3 weeks.

Do you think that reapplying for the same with some additional documents will prove to be beneficial or may turn into positive in my favor? If there is something else which need to be done, what that could be for the same?

regards

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
@Bryanna

Hi,

I applied for a Tourist Visa in April 2017 and got a refusal of the same:

The purpose of my travelling was to settle my childrens who have got admission in a Elementary school in Canada and received Letter of Acceptance (LOA) in favor of them.We applied "Student Visa" for them and "Visitor Visa" for me and my spouse. The purpose was to get them settle their and come back to home country. The visa officer have rejected all 4 applications stating the reason that:

Visa cannot be issued since "We do not have any travel history". And it is true that we have not travelled internationally before. Although I am working and can show funds upto 50-60K CAD. Have strong ties in Home country. Recently my father passed away and now my mother is alone. So cannot think of staying more than 2-3 weeks.

Do you think that reapplying for the same with some additional documents will prove to be beneficial or may turn into positive in my favor? If there is something else which need to be done, what that could be for the same?

regards
Although it wasn't mentioned, I suspect one of the issues is your income. It's too low to be sending two children to Canada to be educated. Tuition will be approximately $14K per year for each child. You then have to factor in living expenses. So at that point you're spending around $40K of your income on educating your children in Canada. The math simply doesn't make sense given your annual salary.

I would say it also doesn't make sense from a visa officer's perspective to be suddenly sending your children all the way to Canada to be educated as such as young age when you haven't traveled previously.

I assume you have guardians for your children in Canada since neither your wife nor you can remain with them in Canada while they study?

sharmask7

Jan 8, 2014
Although it wasn't mentioned, I suspect one of the issues is your income. It's too low to be sending two children to Canada to be educated. Tuition will be approximately $14K per year for each child. You then have to factor in living expenses. So at that point you're spending around $40K of your income on educating your children in Canada. The math simply doesn't make sense given your annual salary.

I would say it also doesn't make sense from a visa officer's perspective to be suddenly sending your children all the way to Canada to be educated as such as young age when you haven't traveled previously.

I assume you have guardians for your children in Canada since neither your wife nor you can remain with them in Canada while they study?
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

Yes you are right, we have guardians who can take care of them in Canada. Although these are my Savings of approx. $50K CAD but still i have job and earning a good salary here in India.

But due to lack of information did not mention the guardians information in the previous application. Will this help to get a positive reply? In the refusal letter they have not given income/funds as a reason for rejection. Only travel history was mentioned in the check boxes of all applicants.

Also i have properties, insurance, polcies etc., worth $ 90K ~ $125K in my posession.

Please revert.

regards,
Satish Sharma

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Even with the additional assets, you're extremely low on funds to be spending $40K per year on your children's education in Canada. It doesn't make sense to send them at such an early age and spend so much money given no previous travel experience and your relatively low salary and funds (given what the costs are of educating them in Canada). I would wait until they have finished high school before you send them to Canada to be educated.

If you really want to reapply now, then forget about the visitor visas for you and your wife. Just apply for study permits for your sons and have them travel alone.

sharmask7

Jan 8, 2014
Even with the additional assets, you're extremely low on funds to be spending $40K per year on your children's education in Canada. It doesn't make sense to send them at such an early age and spend so much money given no previous travel experience and your relatively low salary and funds (given what the costs are of educating them in Canada). I would wait until they have finished high school before you send them to Canada to be educated.

If you really want to reapply now, then forget about the visitor visas for you and your wife. Just apply for study permits for your sons and have them travel alone.
Thanks for providing your inputs.

These funds are after paying the tution fee for both. The acommodation for 6 months including meals are provided by the institute and have given in writing for the same which is included in the cost of tution for one year.

Also i am working as Head of HR and earning a good handsome salary here in India and well settle in my country. I am not looking to travel because wanted to settle in Canada, but just to get childrens adjusted there because we have guardian who can take care of them in Canada. Children will also complete their higher education in Canada and come back to India later. Not looking to settle them as well. We can always visit for a short duration to them. This time also i am not thinking of going there for long as i have my aged 75+ mother to whom i need to take care. Maximum visa i am looking is for 2-3 weeks only.

Do you feel that getting 2-3 weeks tourist visa will also be a tough task for me and my wife?

regards
Satish Sharma

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Playing devils advocate, first question that pops into my head is "Why not enrol them in a Canadian or international school in India at such a young age first"? Seems that sending your kids off to a foreign country to be watched over by complete strangers would raise some eyebrows, particularly if they have no background with Canadian education. My gut feeling is there are more unlisted reasons to the rejection that you would need to address before you resubmit. Need to "read between the lines".

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Playing devils advocate, first question that pops into my head is "Why not enrol them in a Canadian or international school in India at such a young age first"? Seems that sending your kids off to a foreign country to be watched over by complete strangers would raise some eyebrows, particularly if they have no background with Canadian education. My gut feeling is there are more unlisted reasons to the rejection that you would need to address before you resubmit. Need to "read between the lines".
Agreed. India has a number of schools that offer International Baccalaureate programs for children in elementary and higher grades.

The OP had earlier applied for TRVs for himself and his wife to accompany his children as their "caretakers" while they study. This indicates the OP would like to move to Canada long-term on the back of his kids' study permits.

IMO, the visa officer may not be convinced that his kids have no intention to settle/immigrate to Canada in the future after spending a considerable amount on giving them Canadian education.

IMHO, the chances of the OP's kids getting study permits and/or his and his wife getting TRVs are low when one also factors in the advice given by scylla