+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR MALAYSIAN PASSPORT HOLDER IN MALAYSIA

Amiruzat

Apr 24, 2015
Could someone please help me for the above info as i need to apply for my niece who is going to Canada for an Ice Scating training about 3 weeks. As i understand from the website, Canada Embassy in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia has stopped the Visa Processing and is done by the Singapore office. How do i go about for the application or is there any agent in Malaysia can assist? Thank you in advance for the replies.
:) :)

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Amiruzat said:
Could someone please help me for the above info as i need to apply for my niece who is going to Canada for an Ice Scating training about 3 weeks. As i understand from the website, Canada Embassy in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia has stopped the Visa Processing and is done by the Singapore office. How do i go about for the application or is there any agent in Malaysia can assist? Thank you in advance for the replies.
1. She applies (or Guardian/Parent) applies on line for TRV (visitor visa) it will be processed in Singapore. She can submit her application via the VAC in KL : http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/malaysia/ Depending on her age, she will need a Guardian in Canada.

raka1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Amiruzat said:
VFS is not helping hand for any kind of complications. some sources said there is very competitive Consultant is available in KL area near ampang park in THE INTERMARK. there name is BP Managements sdn bhd. www.bpmanagements.com

Taukaan

Feb 3, 2016
Mr.Raka thanks for informing us Malaysian. i did visited these bp managements at THE INTERMARK and find them very informative and helpful. there knowledge is very vast and plus they are multinational company with office in Toronot too.
on top of that there fee is quite less then there competitors like rayford consultancy here ;D.
how ever goes to rayford they always discourage to apply for canadian immigration , they always force to go for australian immigration , because of there office in australia too.
i think canadian immigration is better option for malaysian applicants because fee of canada is very less then australia and IELTS requirements too :p

reds

May 17, 2016
Hi..

Am from Malaysia too and would be visiting the US in 2 months, and whilst there am thinking of also crossing over to Canada particularly Niagra Falls & Toronto. As I understand from the conversation here, we Malaysian can submit the application online but the processing will be done in Singapore.

My question then is : Would there be any point in the due process that I need to be physically present in Singapore (e.g. to collect the approved Visa)?

Appreciate the input. Many thanks in advance.

simplyaddo

Jun 18, 2012
In most cases you would just need to deal with your local VAC who can take any biometric requirements (if needed) and forward your Passport for stamping, when approved.

reds

May 17, 2016
simplyaddo said:
In most cases you would just need to deal with your local VAC who can take any biometric requirements (if needed) and forward your Passport for stamping, when approved.
Thanks a lot simplyaddo, much appreciated!

juwelsingh

Star Member
Mar 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/sep/2015
File Transfer...
03/nov/2015
Med's Done....
11/aug/2015
Interview........
20/june/2016 (kuala lumpur )
Passport Req..
14-oct-2016
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully verry soon
LANDED..........
cannot wait for that
simplyaddo said:
hello mate do u have any idea how long does it take for visa once you submit your passport ... cause im going to submit my passport in 20th june kl Canada high commission. im not malaysian and m apply for a spouse visa. and my interview is this coming 20th june ...

melly710

Aug 17, 2016
Hi I would like to share my timestamp getting visitor visa as a tourist and not knowing the long process time, i missed my flight to Canada with my boyfriend to attend a friend's wedding. So I don't wish any other applicants do the same mistake as I did, and my mistake was I thought I just needed an eTA like Australia, but I have overlooked that Canadian eTA doesn't apply to Malaysia..! So here you go my timestamp:

July 3, 2016 02:56:42 a.m. EDT : Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
CIC website advised 19 working days processing time
July 3, 2016 02:57:32 a.m. EDT : Submission Confirmation
July 28, 2016 04:00:48 a.m. EDT : Original Passport Request (Visa approved)
Exactly 19 working days processing time, visa approved. (In between, went to VAC Singapore to request urgent approval due to flight departing on 14 July 2016, was asked to send email for special request to Canada High Commission in Singapore, but didn't receive any reply. (Wasted my time, hotel and food expenses for a week in Singapore.) IN THE END, I MISSED MY FLIGHT TO CANADA TO ATTEND FRIEND's WEDDING!!! BOYFRIEND HAD TO FLY ALONE!! HORRIBLE!!
4-Aug-16 : Sent passport to VAC Kuala Lumpur to get visa stamp.
VAC Kuala Lumpur advised 5 - 10 working days.
15-Aug-16 : Passport with visa stamp ready to collect at VAC Kuala Lumpur
Tracked status on website, passport ready to collect. Visa approved until passport expired with multiple entry.

My humble advices:
1. DON'T BE HOPEFUL, make plans according to the worst case scenario.
2. VAC / Canada High Commission won't entertain your special request unless emergency e.g. medical concern.
3. Processing time are all in "working days", take note of their Public Holidays locally (for despatch), Singapore High Commission's public holiday AND Canada's public holidays.
4. VAC / Canada High Commission in Singapore don't approve your application, all approved from Canada Immigration Center.
5. If you don't have Canada Visa, don't try to risk to check in your flight without visa, you will not be allowed to board without a visa at check-in counter. (If flight ticket destination is in Canada).
6. If you miss your departing flight, your returning flight will be forfeited. (same returning ticket).
7. At VAC Kuala Lumpur, the guard will let you in without queing for Canada Visa. The queue normally is for British Visa with appointments.

GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST!!

raka1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
raka1 said:
VFS is not helping hand for any kind of complications. some sources said there is very competitive Consultant is available in KL area near ampang park in THE INTERMARK. there name is BP Managements sdn bhd. www.bpmanagements.com
www.bpmanagements.com is become www.bpm1.net

raka1

Star Member
Nov 17, 2009
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
melly710 said:
Hi I would like to share my timestamp getting visitor visa as a tourist and not knowing the long process time, i missed my flight to Canada with my boyfriend to attend a friend's wedding. So I don't wish any other applicants do the same mistake as I did, and my mistake was I thought I just needed an eTA like Australia, but I have overlooked that Canadian eTA doesn't apply to Malaysia..! So here you go my timestamp:

July 3, 2016 02:56:42 a.m. EDT : Confirmation of Online Application Transmission
CIC website advised 19 working days processing time
July 3, 2016 02:57:32 a.m. EDT : Submission Confirmation
July 28, 2016 04:00:48 a.m. EDT : Original Passport Request (Visa approved)
Exactly 19 working days processing time, visa approved. (In between, went to VAC Singapore to request urgent approval due to flight departing on 14 July 2016, was asked to send email for special request to Canada High Commission in Singapore, but didn't receive any reply. (Wasted my time, hotel and food expenses for a week in Singapore.) IN THE END, I MISSED MY FLIGHT TO CANADA TO ATTEND FRIEND's WEDDING!!! BOYFRIEND HAD TO FLY ALONE!! HORRIBLE!!
4-Aug-16 : Sent passport to VAC Kuala Lumpur to get visa stamp.
VAC Kuala Lumpur advised 5 - 10 working days.
15-Aug-16 : Passport with visa stamp ready to collect at VAC Kuala Lumpur
Tracked status on website, passport ready to collect. Visa approved until passport expired with multiple entry.

My humble advices:
1. DON'T BE HOPEFUL, make plans according to the worst case scenario.
2. VAC / Canada High Commission won't entertain your special request unless emergency e.g. medical concern.
3. Processing time are all in "working days", take note of their Public Holidays locally (for despatch), Singapore High Commission's public holiday AND Canada's public holidays.
4. VAC / Canada High Commission in Singapore don't approve your application, all approved from Canada Immigration Center.
5. If you don't have Canada Visa, don't try to risk to check in your flight without visa, you will not be allowed to board without a visa at check-in counter. (If flight ticket destination is in Canada).
6. If you miss your departing flight, your returning flight will be forfeited. (same returning ticket).
7. At VAC Kuala Lumpur, the guard will let you in without queing for Canada Visa. The queue normally is for British Visa with appointments.

GOOD LUCK AND ALL THE BEST!!
instead of spoiling all this time and effort why not just go to registered Canadian immigration consultants in Kuala lumpur. they are pretty much experts in these kind of cases. they can advice you properly and get done things on time. there office is near to VFS office. www.bpm1.net