+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa application for newborn

munu

Feb 7, 2010
My wife and I currently live in the US (we are not US citizens), and we may move to Canada on September for me to take a job as postdoctoral fellow for one or two years. My problem is that my wife is pregnant and the baby is due only 4 to 6 weeks before we will have to move. My concern is whether we will have enough time to get our newborn baby her US passport (which supposedly should take a couple of weeks, though we probably can't get it until after a couple of weeks after she is born), and then getting her Canadian visa. I don't really know how this would work, I'm assuming that my wife and I would apply for the visa several months in advance and then we would need to add our baby. I'm also not sure whether it helps that our baby will be a US citizen, may it be that she'll be able to enter Canada with us even if she doesn't have a visa, and then go through the paperwork once we already are there? Any help is appreciated...

saruacharya

Mar 22, 2010
Munu,

You do not need to apply for the visa for your new born baby. I think, the birth certificate is sufficient to cross the border for US citizen.

Hope this is useful.

Dimple2931

Jan 6, 2016
saruacharya said:
Munu,

You do not need to apply for the visa for your new born baby. I think, the birth certificate is sufficient to cross the border for US citizen.

Hope this is useful.
-Hi im a permanent resident in canada and planning to born my baby in US and come back. Can I do the same apply for the baby passport and bring her to canada by car with birth certificate .

Thanks