NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Hi,
I had few questions regarding the documents needed when applying for the student visa (in my case I'm doing it online).
First, can you tell me which of these documents are necessary:
1. Police clearance certificate (from what I hear, this is needed ,however, it was not listed in the cic website so I am not sure)
2. Family certificate, there is a form you have to fill when you apply which asks you about your family members so I was wondering if this is needed as well(or do I just fill the form and that's it?)
Thanks in advance.
P.S I am Greek,so if anybody from Europe could tell me their experience with the whole online application,I'd appreciate it.

kamal1334

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
bump? Sorry for bugging you ,but i have nobody else to ask.

Harrynepal

Oct 23, 2016
kamal1334 said:
Hi,
I had few questions regarding the documents needed when applying for the student visa (in my case I'm doing it online).
First, can you tell me which of these documents are necessary:
1. Police clearance certificate (from what I hear, this is needed ,however, it was not listed in the cic website so I am not sure)

Yes, You need to have your police clearance certificate, from the country where you have lived six months and more.

2. Family certificate, there is a form you have to fill when you apply which asks you about your family members so I was wondering if this is needed as well(or do I just fill the form and that's it?)

Yes, You need to fill up the form, sign it and send it to High commission, paper if applying paper based, or scan copy if online, you need to sign it.
Thanks in advance.
P.S I am Greek,so if anybody from Europe could tell me their experience with the whole online application,I'd appreciate it.

kamal1334

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Alright, thanks for replying. Plus, I will only need to fill the form right? No need to provide them the family certificate?

Harrynepal

Oct 23, 2016
kamal1334 said:
Alright, thanks for replying. Plus, I will only need to fill the form right? No need to provide them the family certificate?

I am from Nepal, and it is advisable to have family relationship certificate in my country from local authority, i dont think it is compulsory though.

hemayur

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure if there is diff in country specific requirement, only way will be to log on to CIC and create profile and check what all they ask.

I am from India, and below were the requirements asked and submitted.

A- thru cic.gc.ca create a profile and can submit, it usually shows what all is needed. below are the docs required.
1. Application (its a form).
2. Letter of acceptance (from coll or uni)
3. Passport. (scanned copy)
4. Proof of finance (all ur family properties Fd's, ITR's, fees paid reciept, bank acs etc etc)
5. Request for medicals (if already done you can attach)
6. Family Info Form ( its a form )
7. Photo
Optional docs
8. Application for temp (form)
9. Letter of explanation - Your strong SOP you will really have to work on it and explain all the issues raised in your previous rejection

Size Limit is 4MB so you will have to really work out by reducing dpi and other settings.

Any other requirement they will ask you.

kamal1334

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Hi,
I did that as well (signing up on the cic) and after I answered their questions,this was the list of the documents they need:
1.Family Information Form (IMM5707) (required)
2.Passport (required)
3.Letter of Acceptance (required)
4.Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)
5.Digital photo (required)
AND the documents listed under optional were:
1.Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
2.Letter of Explanation

And now I am more confused, in the website they don't ask for anything I have heard ( Police clearance certificate, birth certificate,family certificate,highschool transcripts etc)
What am I supposed to do? upload just what they ask? or somehow upload the rest as well? *at the moment my police clearance has not been issued

hemayur

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What i feel Police clearance is country specific, so if ur Passport is from exempt country you wont need PC.

Regarding education docs & transcripts you may wish to attach along with the SOP/ Letter of explanation even if you dont they will ask you to upload separately, i had not uploaded hence i was asked to upload later.

Family certificates no idea but anything you wish to attach can be done along with your SOP.

and if anything that is mandate and is missing usually they ask for it.

All the best!!!!

kamal1334

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Hi,
thanks for replying. How can I submit my highschool transcripts and Ielts score without submitting the LOE?

hemayur

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LOE is very essential, so as per me i would not recommend skipping it rest is ur wish.

Even if you dont upload it now, mostly after 4 days they will send a message you to upload IELTS & transcrips and open 2 new windows to allow you to scan and upload.

kamal1334

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
I just don't know what to say in the letter haha

kamal1334

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Can somebody send me a sample letter of explanation ?
my email is : Kamalsaroay@yahoo.com