+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa application clarification

Northway

Dec 16, 2023
Please, I need a clarification!
I’ve a valid visitor’s visa in Canada but my spouse is applying for study permit with my kids, my questions are; what category of visa should I apply for my kids? Also, what am I to answer, is it yes or no? To the part asking if you’re accompanying a family member that has a status in Canada?
Please I’ll look forward to a response, thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Please, I need a clarification!
I’ve a valid visitor’s visa in Canada but my spouse is applying for study permit with my kids, my questions are; what category of visa should I apply for my kids? Also, what am I to answer, is it yes or no? To the part asking if you’re accompanying a family member that has a status in Canada?
Please I’ll look forward to a response, thank you.
If kids are school age, study permits. They are not accompanying you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The kids are 1yr and 5years respectively, should I apply for them as visitors?
1yr old - TRV and study permit for 5 year old. Your being in Canada as a visitor really weakens their profiles. What are their ties (family and economic) to return? How long have you been in Canada? What are your plans as you are a visitor? IRCC is going to have a lot of concerns with their application. Hopefully spouse is taking a Masters or degree.

Northway

Dec 16, 2023
I only visited Canada for the next three months, however, I won’t be in Canada by the time of application neither it will be stated in their application! In my opinion

Northway

Dec 16, 2023
I just need a concrete advice to ensure they get a visa
Also, if I pick study permit for the 5yrs child, what would be the details of her study in the part of her visa application part or am to repeat same details of her mother whom is to study?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I just need a concrete advice to ensure they get a visa
Also, if I pick study permit for the 5yrs child, what would be the details of her study in the part of her visa application part or am to repeat same details of her mother whom is to study?
When are you leaving and she is applying? 5 year old applies for a study permit. Don’t need admission to a school. Make sure you shows additional funds for full time care for infant and before and after school care for 5 year old, and additional funds as she will not be able to work. Who is taking care of the kids if she is attending school? Have you secured daycare for both kids as waiting lists can be long.

Northway

Dec 16, 2023
Thank you thus far for your clarifications, so for the kids if I book a daycare for them, and show enough funds, can you give a likely fund ranges? Observing these, do it give a stand of higher chances? I traveled to Canada Nov to go back Jan by Feb I’ll imput the visa application

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you thus far for your clarifications, so for the kids if I book a daycare for them, and show enough funds, can you give a likely fund ranges? Observing these, do it give a stand of higher chances? I traveled to Canada Nov to go back Jan by Feb I’ll imput the visa application
So how much in funds are you showing now after paying first year tuition? How long is program? How can you secure daycare as a visitor? Have you done any research? People wait years for spots. Few daycares are not going to keep a spot open for many months.

Northway

Dec 16, 2023
After first term payment I planned 48k cad in my account as a sponsor for them
Meanwhile, if daycare doesn’t work, we’ve a family friend who’s a citizen and actually wants to accommodate them and same person accommodated me, if I request for her details and letter confirming she will be taking care of the kids will that work?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
After first term payment I planned 48k cad in my account as a sponsor for them
Meanwhile, if daycare doesn’t work, we’ve a family friend who’s a citizen and actually wants to accommodate them and same person accommodated me, if I request for her details and letter confirming she will be taking care of the kids will that work?
You must pay first year tuition starting in 2024. If a one year program, then funds are good since she will not be able to work. Draw up a contract with friend paying her daycare fees. It may work but a friend cannot guarantee care. What happens if person falls ill? Don’t know if IRCC will consider it as still want to show fees to pay? Costs depend where you live.

What is most important is your spouse taking a program that builds on her current career (higher pay, promotion) and education advancement to justify costs. Spouse wants to show that she will have a better paying job when she returns. Bringing the kids will weaken her profile as children’s TRVs are not guaranteed. Her ties to return are her children. So if they are refused and her permit is approved then she has to decide whether to study in Canada.

Northway

Dec 16, 2023
How about asking my mom to go with her to take care of the children so my wife can be able to study and work. Hence, the daycare won’t be needed but do we need to still provide details the family friend that’s going accommodate them and make the funds thereabout 50k cad? Does that fly at all?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How about asking my mom to go with her to take care of the children so my wife can be able to study and work. Hence, the daycare won’t be needed but do we need to still provide details the family friend that’s going accommodate them and make the funds thereabout 50k cad? Does that fly at all?
Is your mom a Canadian citizen or PR? if not, no she cannot come to Canada and work illegally. She is not eligible for a work permit either. Cost out how much daycare is in the city living in and give the average. So could be around $15-20k per year.

Northway

Dec 16, 2023
I’m not saying my mother will come to work here but she will take care of the kids while my wife study and work

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I’m not saying my mother will come to work here but she will take care of the kids while my wife study and work
Ok. So the kids are not coming to Canada, and your mom will take care of them in your home country. If she is coming to Canada, she is a visitor up to 6 months. She cannot care for them as that is illegal work. Caring for kids while your wife is at school is work. It should be a paid position. The position is a caregiver (NOC 44100).

If you want to hire a friend, then pay a fair wage or IRCC will question it.