+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa and criminal conviction

bsmith

Feb 26, 2014
Hi All,

I believe the company I work for are planning to send me to Canada via an Intra-Company Transfer. From my understanding I still will require a work permit. Where it becomes complicated is that I have some criminal convictions in the UK that the company does not know about as they are about 5 years old and classed as rehabilitated in the UK.

I will have to submit my convictions when applying for a visa and it might possibly be rejected. Instead of waiting until the company starts the visa process on my behalf, can I find out beforehand whether my convictions will result in a visa being rejected? Would it be worth contacting the Canadian High Commission and asking them?

Does anyone have any advice and whether they have been through this process before?

Thanks

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
bsmith said:
Hi All,

I believe the company I work for are planning to send me to Canada via an Intra-Company Transfer. From my understanding I still will require a work permit. Where it becomes complicated is that I have some criminal convictions in the UK that the company does not know about as they are about 5 years old and classed as rehabilitated in the UK.

I will have to submit my convictions when applying for a visa and it might possibly be rejected. Instead of waiting until the company starts the visa process on my behalf, can I find out beforehand whether my convictions will result in a visa being rejected? Would it be worth contacting the Canadian High Commission and asking them?

Does anyone have any advice and whether they have been through this process before?

Thanks
My advice would be, if you are not happy to provide details here, you should consult with a Canadian immigration lawyer. The CHC is unlikely to be of much use as they are notoriously hard to contact. You can try but I think that a lawyer might be a better solution.