+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa advice

sholayny

Jul 9, 2020
Hi . I already got my Canadian TRV since last year Which is still valid until Next year September but I’ve been unable to use yet due to the pandemic. Later last year my girlfriend and I decided to make the trip together. Although we couldn’t make the submission as we needed to legalize our relationship status. But due to the pandemic we were not able to do this. We have been together since 2018 . After I checked the immigration site I found that we fell into the common law category which we are currently planning to apply for her. Although I applied for my visa as single because we haven’t decided on marriage as at the time I submitted my application .
The following are my questions;

1. Do I have to submit my documents along side hers in order to complete her application as we are planning to travel together as partners.
2. Do I have to revoke my visa to make a fresh application with her ?
3 . We only have the pictures and an affidavit to prove our being together. Are they acceptable?
4. As we aren’t married yet, is marriage certificate needed for her application ?
5. I’ve obtained a new passport presently because the pages on my passport is full, do I have to submit the new passport even though my visa is still valid.
6. Do I have to change my relationship status from my online account or something?

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
1. You can, but they will only be considered as supplementary/supporting documents. Her application will still be judged on her own merits, her own documents and assets, her own travel history, etc..
2. No.
3. Yes, plus bills belonging to the same address, or any document with joint accounts or co-ownership, like a shared lease or something
4. How can you produce something that doesn't exist? :rolleyes:
5. You don't need to submit your passport. This is HER application.
6. No.

Reactions: sholayny