+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa accepted on 2nd try!

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Really motivated with your message. I applied on 29th nov with medical upfront, biometrics on 4th dec, medical approved on 12th dec, no update after that. Some people with similar time line have got approval while some have applied month before me but still seek reply. I am scared now... What should i do ? I have a strong profile bdw
Thank you so much. First off it starts the day they recieve your application with the biometrics. So count 4th of december onwards and check the processing time for study permits issued from india as you said you have applied from there. If its still within the processing time given then no worries just be patient and what you want will happen. If it exceeded the processing time then make sure to web-form them and ask on an update.

Since you're saying your profile is strong then trust me, there's no need to worry. They will not refuse you just because they want to refuse you.

Best of luck!

Reactions: pkapoor

pkapoor

Dec 11, 2019
Thank you so much. First off it starts the day they recieve your application with the biometrics. So count 4th of december onwards and check the processing time for study permits issued from india as you said you have applied from there. If its still within the processing time given then no worries just be patient and what you want will happen. If it exceeded the processing time then make sure to web-form them and ask on an update.

Since you're saying your profile is strong then trust me, there's no need to worry. They will not refuse you just because they want to refuse you.

Best of luck!
Thanks buddy.. processing time for applicants in India is 2 weeks say 14 working days i.e. i will wait till 24th dec. thanks for advice

Pilot_MikeNovember

Dec 5, 2019
Almost same situation brother.You gave me hope One of the points in my refusal letter was my current employment status idk what the visa officer was thinking how can a full time recently graduated high school student with no gaps in his studies be working living in a joint family.Another one was my personal financial status and assets (for this part deposited a 20 k cad more and gonna show a deed of property in the name of my father back in my country of citizenship) and third one was my family ties born and raised in Qatar.All the family lives here settled here in the new study plan i wrote about how i want to settle here too.Hope it's a positive decision this time. (In sha Allah)

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Almost same situation brother.You gave me hope One of the points in my refusal letter was my current employment status idk what the visa officer was thinking how can a full time recently graduated high school student with no gaps in his studies be working living in a joint family.Another one was my personal financial status and assets (for this part deposited a 20 k cad more and gonna show a deed of property in the name of my father back in my country of citizenship) and third one was my family ties born and raised in Qatar.All the family lives here settled here in the new study plan i wrote about how i want to settle here too.Hope it's a positive decision this time. (In sha Allah)
Really weird with the employment status thing, anyways all the best inshallah and let us know what happens.

christy94

Oct 28, 2017
Thank you so much. I addressed the issue of immigration status by explaining in the sop how I was born in Dubai and I can easily renew my residency and for my 2nd application I had just renewed my residency for another 2 years, and mainly focusing on the sop to say how much I want to build a family in my home country which I consider, Dubai. After responding to each and every reason for my first refusal on the first page saying what I think and why the reason isn't valid, I answered the 8 questions that you should answer in your sop given to us by the Abu Dhabi Canadian embassy.
When did you reapply? and where from?
Bro, Congratulations on your Visa. I hope you are having a great time in Halifax. I will be applying from Dubai. Could you please share with me the 8 questions you received from the Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy, which we should answer in the SOP. Thank you.

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Bro, Congratulations on your Visa. I hope you are having a great time in Halifax. I will be applying from Dubai. Could you please share with me the 8 questions you received from the Abu Dhabi Canadian Embassy, which we should answer in the SOP. Thank you.
  1. Why do you wish to study in Canada in the program for which you have been accepted?
  2. What is your overall educational goal?
  3. Why are you not pursuing a similar program in your country of residence or of citizenship?
  4. What research have you done into studies in your country of residence or of citizenship?
  5. How will this program enhance your employment opportunities in your country of residence or of citizenship?
  6. What ties do you have to your country of residence or of citizenship?
  7. In the case of a minor applicant, what are your reasons for studying in Canada? What is your parents’ or guardians’ immigration status in their current country of residence?
  8. Provide details of your education history – dates when the course started and ended, the name and address of the school, the course taken, qualification, degree or certificate awarded for the course

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
I am sharing my story to help anyone who's looking to study in Canada and to give hope for people after their refusal. I am 18 years old, Syrian and I was born and raised in Dubai I had just graduated high school in June and have applied on the 1st of July from Dubai and waited a whole month on the 5 weeks processing time given on the CIC website, I received my biometrics validity letter on the 1st of August and one day later my application was refused and I was devastated because I couldn't go on the September intake. I was refused for 4 different reasons, including travel history, family ties, immigration status and financial status. Seems like a lot that one can't possibly address every single one right? But that is exactly what I did and I got my acceptance in just 2 WEEKS after applying the second time while the CIC website said 5 weeks.

I have applied again on the 14th of November, received my biometrics validity letter on the 27th of November and finally, the application was approved on the 28th of November exactly 14 days.

We waited from August till November to reapply because I wanted to address every single thing properly, I proved my finances thus proving family ties to the UAE and I provided copies of my previous passports to show my travel history. I included a cover letter requesting an expedition in the process to make it on time for the January intake and now alhamdulillah I have exactly a month to prepare for moving.

I also CONSTRUCTED my sop very carefully and replied to my refusal reasons on the front page explaining why they are wrong and I am just a student who really wants to study and thats it.

Point is, don't ever give up, don't be scared to try hard, give every single document you can give so that you dont let the visa officer doubt your intention or even question it. Make sure that every single question that might pop up in the visa officer's head is answered one way or the other, and just have faith, keep praying and make duas!

If you have any questions let me know and if anyone can share his experience and guide others as well please make sure to do so. God bless you all and good luck!
Congratulations!

I just wonder if u have ordered the GCSM notes, or you just went with the refusal letter?
I will be applying for the study permit soon, but I'm just superb worried since I have a sister who is studying in Canada at the moment. I'm afraid that would be a sign of weak ties to home country. We both first studied in the U.S. and want to study in Canada now.

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Congratulations!

I just wonder if u have ordered the GCSM notes, or you just went with the refusal letter?
I will be applying for the study permit soon, but I'm just superb worried since I have a sister who is studying in Canada at the moment. I'm afraid that would be a sign of weak ties to home country. We both first studied in the U.S. and want to study in Canada now.
So, so many people advised me to actually wait it out and order the GCSM notes but I personally was not convinced that it would be of any help. Ive seen examples of what they look like compared to the original refusal letter. What I found is that the officer just brings out your refusal reasons and explains why that reason is the way it is. To me personally I wasnt totally convinced that I need to wait and pay for GCSM notes for them to tell me what I already know. So I responded to the refusal reasons point by point in my second application and it got accepted. Dont worry about the both of you being there. just respond as one would. I know so many siblings here and it still works specially that the both of you went to the US so thats another advantage. Good luck.

Reactions: vhptanh@97

vhptanh@97

Star Member
Nov 29, 2018
So, so many people advised me to actually wait it out and order the GCSM notes but I personally was not convinced that it would be of any help. Ive seen examples of what they look like compared to the original refusal letter. What I found is that the officer just brings out your refusal reasons and explains why that reason is the way it is. To me personally I wasnt totally convinced that I need to wait and pay for GCSM notes for them to tell me what I already know. So I responded to the refusal reasons point by point in my second application and it got accepted. Dont worry about the both of you being there. just respond as one would. I know so many siblings here and it still works specially that the both of you went to the US so thats another advantage. Good luck.
Hi,

Thanks so much! You know what, after reading your post, I applied right away. I applied on 2/21 and my application was approved earlier morning today 2/24. I applied non-SDS, so tbh, rather than feeling delighted, I was scared since it was so freaking fast. Would that be some kind of mistake?
I think, for now, I would just submit my passport and wait to see what will come.

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hi,

Thanks so much! You know what, after reading your post, I applied right away. I applied on 2/21 and my application was approved earlier morning today 2/24. I applied non-SDS, so tbh, rather than feeling delighted, I was scared since it was so freaking fast. Would that be some kind of mistake?
I think, for now, I would just submit my passport and wait to see what will come.
Congratulations! Nope! No worries about it because I felt the same exact thing getting my acceptance within just 2 weeks thats including the holiday and nonbusiness days as well, everyone around me was like there must be something wrong because they got it within 2 months and some even 3 months. But here's the thing, I am in Halifax now . As long as your status says approved/accepted then its good to go!

Reactions: vhptanh@97