+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa accepted on 2nd try!

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
I am sharing my story to help anyone who's looking to study in Canada and to give hope for people after their refusal. I am 18 years old, Syrian and I was born and raised in Dubai I had just graduated high school in June and have applied on the 1st of July from Dubai and waited a whole month on the 5 weeks processing time given on the CIC website, I received my biometrics validity letter on the 1st of August and one day later my application was refused and I was devastated because I couldn't go on the September intake. I was refused for 4 different reasons, including travel history, family ties, immigration status and financial status. Seems like a lot that one can't possibly address every single one right? But that is exactly what I did and I got my acceptance in just 2 WEEKS after applying the second time while the CIC website said 5 weeks.

I have applied again on the 14th of November, received my biometrics validity letter on the 27th of November and finally, the application was approved on the 28th of November exactly 14 days.

We waited from August till November to reapply because I wanted to address every single thing properly, I proved my finances thus proving family ties to the UAE and I provided copies of my previous passports to show my travel history. I included a cover letter requesting an expedition in the process to make it on time for the January intake and now alhamdulillah I have exactly a month to prepare for moving.

I also CONSTRUCTED my sop very carefully and replied to my refusal reasons on the front page explaining why they are wrong and I am just a student who really wants to study and thats it.

Point is, don't ever give up, don't be scared to try hard, give every single document you can give so that you dont let the visa officer doubt your intention or even question it. Make sure that every single question that might pop up in the visa officer's head is answered one way or the other, and just have faith, keep praying and make duas!

If you have any questions let me know and if anyone can share his experience and guide others as well please make sure to do so. God bless you all and good luck!

Last edited:

MASWERE

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Congratulations brother I would like to ask you some few questions like how did you address the issue of immigration status...how did you write your sop...btw i was refused visa my first attempt and I reapplied again so I am as well praying for the best outcome

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Congratulations brother I would like to ask you some few questions like how did you address the issue of immigration status...how did you write your sop...btw i was refused visa my first attempt and I reapplied again so I am as well praying for the best outcome
Thank you so much. I addressed the issue of immigration status by explaining in the sop how I was born in Dubai and I can easily renew my residency and for my 2nd application I had just renewed my residency for another 2 years, and mainly focusing on the sop to say how much I want to build a family in my home country which I consider, Dubai. After responding to each and every reason for my first refusal on the first page saying what I think and why the reason isn't valid, I answered the 8 questions that you should answer in your sop given to us by the Abu Dhabi Canadian embassy.
When did you reapply? and where from?

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
I reapplied from Dubai itself on 9th Nov...its taken along time am worried
Do you have your biometrics validity? if so then you can link it online. also keep in mind that there's a holiday now till tuesday so there wont be any updates for anyone until wednesday/thursday or maybe next sunday too.
Did you apply from vfs wafi or online?

MASWERE

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
I applied online not at Vfs....yes you are right with the holidays it's going to take more days

MASWERE

Star Member
Jul 1, 2019
Didnt they qn your current employment situation because in my previous refusal one of the reasons of rejection was my current employment situation....did you indicate you are working in your sop

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Didnt they qn your current employment situation because in my previous refusal one of the reasons of rejection was my current employment situation....did you indicate you are working in your sop
I'm not working. As I said I am 18 years old, I had just graduated high school 6 months ago.

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
I applied online not at Vfs....yes you are right with the holidays it's going to take more days
That's good, you'll get a response faster this way, its just the holiday thing because also I am not going to get the required paper to give my passport to vfs until wednesday or so, but its fine, we both still have time.

MohamedMustafa456789

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hi
I am working in Bahrain and have received an admit for fall 2020 term. I will be applying for visa soon through the Abu Dhabi office.
Pls add me in any related grps as I would like more information on the process.
My number is +973-35498954.
Im not aware of any and personally wasn't part of any either, sorry.

pkapoor

Dec 11, 2019
I am sharing my story to help anyone who's looking to study in Canada and to give hope for people after their refusal. I am 18 years old, Syrian and I was born and raised in Dubai I had just graduated high school in June and have applied on the 1st of July from Dubai and waited a whole month on the 5 weeks processing time given on the CIC website, I received my biometrics validity letter on the 1st of August and one day later my application was refused and I was devastated because I couldn't go on the September intake. I was refused for 4 different reasons, including travel history, family ties, immigration status and financial status. Seems like a lot that one can't possibly address every single one right? But that is exactly what I did and I got my acceptance in just 2 WEEKS after applying the second time while the CIC website said 5 weeks.

I have applied again on the 14th of November, received my biometrics validity letter on the 27th of November and finally, the application was approved on the 28th of November exactly 14 days.

We waited from August till November to reapply because I wanted to address every single thing properly, I proved my finances thus proving family ties to the UAE and I provided copies of my previous passports to show my travel history. I included a cover letter requesting an expedition in the process to make it on time for the January intake and now alhamdulillah I have exactly a month to prepare for moving.

I also CONSTRUCTED my sop very carefully and replied to my refusal reasons on the front page explaining why they are wrong and I am just a student who really wants to study and thats it.

Point is, don't ever give up, don't be scared to try hard, give every single document you can give so that you dont let the visa officer doubt your intention or even question it. Make sure that every single question that might pop up in the visa officer's head is answered one way or the other, and just have faith, keep praying and make duas!

If you have any questions let me know and if anyone can share his experience and guide others as well please make sure to do so. God bless you all and good luck!
Really motivated with your message. I applied on 29th nov with medical upfront, biometrics on 4th dec, medical approved on 12th dec, no update after that. Some people with similar time line have got approval while some have applied month before me but still seek reply. I am scared now... What should i do ? I have a strong profile bdw

anonymous4056b

Dec 17, 2019
Really motivated with your message. I applied on 29th nov with medical upfront, biometrics on 4th dec, medical approved on 12th dec, no update after that. Some people with similar time line have got approval while some have applied month before me but still seek reply. I am scared now... What should i do ? I have a strong profile bdw
did u apply thru abu dhabi visa office?