+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Oath Ceremony - Questions

appunnu

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
All those attended Virtual oath ceremony,

Questions :

1) On the "Oath of Citizenship" form : -> File No, Client ID , Certificate No etc - i assume the officer will help us with these ? I remember my Client ID, but not others.
2) After signing the form, should we email it to them ? am assuming they will provide the email ID during the ceremony ?
3) Overall, I have asked for 2 hours permission from work, should that be sufficient ?
4) Do they assisst with expedited processing due to upcoming travel ?

Please help- and thanks in advance.

Reactions: nicolass

blingyrie

May 10, 2017

Questions :

1) On the "Oath of Citizenship" form : -> File No, Client ID , Certificate No etc - i assume the officer will help us with these ? I remember my Client ID, but not others.
2) After signing the form, should we email it to them ? am assuming they will provide the email ID during the ceremony ?
3) Overall, I have asked for 2 hours permission from work, should that be sufficient ?

1) leave those blank; the officer will walk you through them
2) yes, same email you got the oath invite from
3) yes more than sufficient in most cases. I also requested for 2hrs but we wrapped up slightly under an hour. That gives you time to email back the signed form though
4) you’ll be asked about any upcoming travel plans. That’s when to discuss your request with the officer.
Goodluck!

Reactions: Hapique and appunnu

appunnu

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
1) leave those blank; the officer will walk you through them
2) yes, same email you got the oath invite from
3) yes more than sufficient in most cases. I also requested for 2hrs but we wrapped up slightly under an hour. That gives you time to email back the signed form though
4) you’ll be asked about any upcoming travel plans. That’s when to discuss your request with the officer.
Goodluck!
thank you soooo very much :) ..much appreciated

Reactions: blingyrie

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016

Questions :

if we sign the oath form electronically, then how does the officer see us signing it? which method is preferable, sign on paper or electronically? do we send it in email during oath ceremony or after it?

appunnu

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
if we sign the oath form electronically, then how does the officer see us signing it? which method is preferable, sign on paper or electronically? do we send it in email during oath ceremony or after it?
I would advice to sign on paper and send email with requested signed oath form and other documents immediately after.

adey786

Jun 29, 2010
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-01-16
Doc's Request.
13-01-16
Nomination.....
08-12-15
AOR Received.
05-01-16
File Transfer...
03-03-16
Med's Done....
13-01-16
Passport Req..
08-05-16
VISA ISSUED...
26-05-16
I opted for physical signing than e-signature.

My reasons:

1- What if later I couldn't e sign for any reason. I didn't want to take the risk to Rhee's point of redoing the ceremony; or
2- If I have e- signed it but due to tech issues, officers can't see it; or
3- This signed form is the only evidence of having taken Oath until citizenship certificate is received by mail. Since citizenship certificate is a physical paper, I'd be more comfortable having equivalent physical paper (signed oath form) in hand.

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
@adey786 yeah that makes sense. So is it okay to scan and e-mail the form couple of hours after the ceremony is over if someone does not have a scanner at home?
cc @blingyrie

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
If you have a smartphone, you can use a free scanner app
Great idea - thanks! FYI for those who have an iPhone, there is a built in PDF scanner in the notes app

Reactions: bellaluna

smtele

Apr 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
27-12-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016
anyone knows when does the citizenship application status change from Decision Made -> Completed after the oath ceremony? Is it after citizenship certificate has been issued?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I opted for physical signing than e-signature.

My reasons:

1- What if later I couldn't e sign for any reason. I didn't want to take the risk to Rhee's point of redoing the ceremony; or
2- If I have e- signed it but due to tech issues, officers can't see it; or
3- This signed form is the only evidence of having taken Oath until citizenship certificate is received by mail. Since citizenship certificate is a physical paper, I'd be more comfortable having equivalent physical paper (signed oath form) in hand.
That shouldn't be a problem IMO. I have e-signed forms so many times on Adobe Acrobat reader and never had issues.

What I would do is this :

1. Fill the form and e-sign it electronically.
2. Print a physical copy of the form for your records - Confirm everything is duly filled and the form is signed.
3. Open the form that you are going to submit on your computer and make sure everything is visible and there are no errors.
4. Attach the same form and send it to them.
5. I'll have the email as proof that I've sent the signed copy of the oath form via email. I'll also download this email as proof of me having submitted the oath form.

But this is a matter of personal preference. Stating my opinion, that's all.

de17

Oct 31, 2017
Hello, anyone know what documents you are required to present at the virtual oath ceremony?