+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Landing Unit (Only) > Credentials > PR timeline

applepy

Nov 20, 2020
The time from portal submission to eCOPR varies. Few receive within weeks, and others months. It depends on the nature (country, VO, etc.) of the application, I suppose. IRCC agent mentioned that the preference is given to the ones already residing in Canada.

We received portal credentials on Aug 18 > submitted details on Aug 20, and then got our eCOPR on Nov 05. We received eCOPR communication via email asking to download soft-copy from the VL portal. Hope this helps.

Application started in Dec 2019. It took us nearly 2 years, and for sure it has been a frustrating wait.

One thing that we kept on doing was to call IRCC every month to let them know our situation and seek any further status because IRCC portal is not frequently updated. Be respectful, ask relevant questions rather than if there has been any progress and 'Always' thank them. I remember that once / twice an IRCC agent took time to go through my application (5 mins) and explain me the progress. It was an exception because most of them usually give you a standard response that they have the same info as it is on IRCC portal.

Keep faith everyone !

[Update] Finally, received the PR card on Nov 23. Roughly 20 days after eCOPR.

Reactions: swapanathorat

rainbowsunicorns

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Virtual Landing Unit / Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019
Just joining the thread...also got my first email from VLU/OSC Ottawa on November 11th. No updates yet with login credentials.
My first reply was on the same day - no auto reply.
Sent three emails since then, all got auto-replies. I have not raised a webform yet.
Just got my portal login info, 20min ago! 17 days since the first login info.

I did not raise any webform or call. But did send 5 replies after the first reply on the 11th - no idea if it made any difference.

Now, will see how long eCOPR and PR card takes...

Reactions: neosandman1

swapanathorat

Apr 5, 2019
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
9 Oct 2020
Med's Request
07-09-2021
Med's Done....
20-0-1981
[Update] Finally, received the PR card on Nov 23. Roughly 20 days after eCOPR.
Did you followed up with them? Did you link your application in GC key, what all stages did you find changing?

rainbowsunicorns

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019
Reactions: Twee

gadawg773

Nov 26, 2021
AOR Nov25 2020
Medical Aug 20 2021
Biometrics Oct 21 2021
First IRCC email Oct 31 2021(replied same day with all the info).
Portal email Nov 6 2021 (replied same day with in Canada declaration, pic and address).
Ecorp still waiting. Have called a few times but have been told everything looks good.

Neelkanth1991

Nov 8, 2021
I need help!!!!

My file was under process in express entry (CEC) but in this April due to passing of my father I went back home where I got my Permanent Residence Confirmation email (inland) which I could not confirm that I am in Canada and I reply that email explaining the matter( at that time all flights from India were ban). So, I got reply from them that to contact office (Ottawa) once I get back to Canada again. I came back in October and I informed them right after my landing in Canada. Since then I am waiting from them for reply, not even automated reply that they got my email. I am bit worried because it's more than month now and as my work permit is expiring in January I don't know what to do now and how to get conformation that they got my email.

P.S I have tried to contact them via webforms couple of times but both time I got automated same reply that they are replying on priority inquires and will not responding to any other inquires.

rainbowsunicorns

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019
AOR Nov25 2020
Medical Aug 20 2021
Biometrics Oct 21 2021
First IRCC email Oct 31 2021(replied same day with all the info).
Portal email Nov 6 2021 (replied same day with in Canada declaration, pic and address).
Ecorp still waiting. Have called a few times but have been told everything looks good.
Hang in there....seems like VLU is catching up (slowly).
Have you tried emailing the Portal email directly or using a webform? I remember someone trying this out and it seemed to help.

I just got my eCoRP today, it took one day to come after submitting photo/address. But, it took 17 days to get the login credentials.

rainbowsunicorns

Star Member
Aug 4, 2021
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
04-08-2021
AOR Received.
04-08-2021
Med's Done....
06-2019
I need help!!!!

My file was under process in express entry (CEC) but in this April due to passing of my father I went back home where I got my Permanent Residence Confirmation email (inland) which I could not confirm that I am in Canada and I reply that email explaining the matter( at that time all flights from India were ban). So, I got reply from them that to contact office (Ottawa) once I get back to Canada again. I came back in October and I informed them right after my landing in Canada. Since then I am waiting from them for reply, not even automated reply that they got my email. I am bit worried because it's more than month now and as my work permit is expiring in January I don't know what to do now and how to get conformation that they got my email.

P.S I have tried to contact them via webforms couple of times but both time I got automated same reply that they are replying on priority inquires and will not responding to any other inquires.
It would be worth emailing again - maybe once a week? - and also trying to call the main number. I know that contacting them is frustrating, but it is really all we can do. VLU is known to be slow and often backlogged, so hopefully they will come through soon.

gadawg773

Nov 26, 2021
Have you tried emailing the Portal email directly or using a webform? I remember someone trying this out and it seemed to help.

I just got my eCoRP today, it took one day to come after submitting photo/address. But, it took 17 days to get the login credentials.
I emailed today but haven't heard anything back. I phoned last week and they said everything with my file looked good. I don't want to draw to much attention to myself as I don't want my persistent asking make it take any longer. Congrats on getting your ecorp.

harshj96

Apr 7, 2017

Is the eCOPR document available in the PR Portal? Or do they send an email with the document? Not sure if should keep an eye on my email or check the portal once or twice a day lol