+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

virtual landing - CoPR - PR card

Ana Cruz

Feb 17, 2020
I'm an outland applicant who resides in Montreal, Canada when my application was approved. I sent my passport to CPC-Ottawa. My return tracker was just activated this morning. Waiting for virtual landing now, hopefully, it won't take too long.

Passport sent: 2020-10-16
CPC-Ottawa asked for my current address via email: 2020-10-21
Passport returned without CoPR: 2020-10-29
Did they tell you in your passport request that you would send it to Ottawa? my application is outland and I live in Canada at the moment, but they asked me to send my passport to my country of origin.

kasia_k

Mar 10, 2020
Poland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Did they tell you in your passport request that you would send it to Ottawa? my application is outland and I live in Canada at the moment, but they asked me to send my passport to my country of origin.
I'm in the same situation - I'm currently in Canada as an Outland Applicant, but this is what I've got in the PPR letter:

"STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
1. If you require a visa to enter Canada, please submit your package (Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member) through one of the Visa Application Centres (VAC). Your visa and COPR will be sent to you via the VAC.

2. If you do not require a visa to enter Canada, submit your package (Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member. ) via mail or courier directly to our office in Warsaw: Migration Section Embassy of Canada ul. Piekna 2/8 00-482 Warsaw, Poland

3. In Canada, to the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O): Submitting your document(s) in Canada If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa."

Ana Cruz

Feb 17, 2020
I'm in the same situation - I'm currently in Canada as an Outland Applicant, but this is what I've got in the PPR letter:

"STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
1. If you require a visa to enter Canada, please submit your package (Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member) through one of the Visa Application Centres (VAC). Your visa and COPR will be sent to you via the VAC.

2. If you do not require a visa to enter Canada, submit your package (Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member. ) via mail or courier directly to our office in Warsaw: Migration Section Embassy of Canada ul. Piekna 2/8 00-482 Warsaw, Poland

3. In Canada, to the Case Processing Centre (CPC-O): Submitting your document(s) in Canada If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa."
But you are the option to send it to Ottawa, option 3. In my PPR letter they just mentioned my local VO

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
I was given two options: CPC-Ottawa or VACs in my country of origin.

Did you inform IRCC when you moved to Canada? You might want to send another webform confirming your current residential address.

kasia_k

Mar 10, 2020
Poland
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
I also informed IRCC that currently I'm in Canada. I gave them my new address and phone number as well.

Reactions: amos13

Ana Cruz

Feb 17, 2020
I was given two options: CPC-Ottawa or VACs in my country of origin.

Did you inform IRCC when you moved to Canada? You might want to send another webform confirming your current residential address.
yes, I sent a web form making the address change before receiving DM and PPR

Ana Cruz

Feb 17, 2020
That's odd.... Maybe try to call the IRCC directly (I recommend to do this in the morning because the waiting time is crazy right now).
I already called them, but as it is an outland process they cannot do anything, they only told me to communicate directly with my VO; I already wrote to them and I'm waiting for them to tell me what to do

Reactions: kasia_k

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I'm an outland applicant who resides in Montreal, Canada when my application was approved. I sent my passport to CPC-Ottawa. My return tracker was just activated this morning. Waiting for virtual landing now, hopefully, it won't take too long.

Passport sent: 2020-10-16
CPC-Ottawa asked for my current address via email: 2020-10-21
Passport returned without CoPR: 2020-10-29
Hi,
Thanks for posting this. May I ask how you came to know about virtual landing? I keep getting contradictory replies from IRCC. In one of their email they tell me to send the passport in another one, they tell me not to send. I am not sure what is the right thing to do. Please can you share your thoughts? My case is also similar to yours - I applied when i was outside but then moved to Canada.

Reactions: kands

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
Hi,
Thanks for posting this. May I ask how you came to know about virtual landing? I keep getting contradictory replies from IRCC. In one of their email they tell me to send the passport in another one, they tell me not to send. I am not sure what is the right thing to do. Please can you share your thoughts? My case is also similar to yours - I applied when i was outside but then moved to Canada.
Along with my passport, there's a document stating a visa office will contact me with information confirming my status as a permanent resident.

Are you applying under the family class?

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
I already called them, but as it is an outland process they cannot do anything, they only told me to communicate directly with my VO; I already wrote to them and I'm waiting for them to tell me what to do
That's indeed odd. Are you from a visa-exempt country? If that's the case, it does not hurt to send your documents to CPC-Ottawa.

mlei9569

Star Member
Dec 11, 2019
I called CIC, and the agent on the line told me that Ottawa has created Montreal as my secondary office, which will be responsible for my virtual landing.

vishal128901

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Along with my passport, there's a document stating a visa office will contact me with information confirming my status as a permanent resident.

Are you applying under the family class?
I am applying under FSW with a BC PNP. They keep giving me contradictory replies each time I call them or raise a web form. Plus there doesn't seem to be a way to directly contact the Vancouver IRCC office.