+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Interview

Vanecenz588

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
Hi admin, making a thread for those who get virtual interviews after the test
Want to see how long to get DM or get oath invite or whats next.
Im oct 2019 applicant and had my interview today
The officer said i wait for the next step, she still needs to go through the details during our interview
About the interview, which took about 40 minutes
is about the documents we submitted
She said its like an in person interview where we hand them all our papers(passports, id, etc)
And they get to check it and ask questions about it(where, when and hows)
just my OWN opinion; applicants get to be interviewed because they see some discrepancies on dates and addresses (like mine)
If applicants travel a lot too
That will trigger for an interview
Anyway im hoping for the best
#canadiancitizens

Vanecenz588

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
@Vanecenz588
What kind of discrepancies did you have for your dates and addresses?
Travel dates like not the exact date lol maybe 1 or 2 days apart ( which she said its really hard to keep tract for those past dates)
My rental address, used to live with a realtive and no agreement but have to write it on my application because i used that address

llgn_sp

Star Member
Dec 18, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
Scarborough
Hi admin, making a thread for those who get virtual interviews after the test
Want to see how long to get DM or get oath invite or whats next.
Im oct 2019 applicant and had my interview today
The officer said i wait for the next step, she still needs to go through the details during our interview
About the interview, which took about 40 minutes
is about the documents we submitted
She said its like an in person interview where we hand them all our papers(passports, id, etc)
And they get to check it and ask questions about it(where, when and hows)
just my OWN opinion; applicants get to be interviewed because they see some discrepancies on dates and addresses (like mine)
If applicants travel a lot too
That will trigger for an interview
Anyway im hoping for the best
#canadiancitizens
October 2019 applicant as well! Interview (to be done still) scheduled as well.

Reactions: Vanecenz588

cedros123

Star Member
Mar 23, 2017
My rental address, used to live with a realtive and no agreement but have to write it on my application because i used that address
Can you clarify on the discrepancy with your rental address ? Even if you don't have an agreement it doesn't matter as long as you lived there and used that address, right ? So why would there be any discrepancy ?

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
Can you clarify on the discrepancy with your rental address ? Even if you don't have an agreement it doesn't matter as long as you lived there and used that address, right ? So why would there be any discrepancy ?
It can happened if you said you live from X to Y date at Z address and forgot to mention a trip outside Canada sometimes between the X and Y date, IRCC found out about the trip and they may ask you to prove that you were inside the country as you said and was living in the address you mentioned in your application from X to Y date. Not having a rental agreement or utilities bills on your name may make things little complicated. I am not saying this is his case.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
It can happened if you said you live from X to Y date at Z address and forgot to mention a trip outside Canada sometimes between the X and Y date, IRCC found out about the trip and they may ask you to prove that you were inside the country as you said and was living in the address you mentioned in your application from X to Y date. Not having a rental agreement or utilities bills on your name may make things little complicated. I am not saying this is his case.
My understanding is that you only list addresses you lived at. We don't list addresses of hotels/family/friends while we were on vacations/trips.

Das67

Oct 19, 2019
My understanding is that you only list addresses you lived at. We don't list addresses of hotels/family/friends while we were on vacations/trips.
The address he listed was in Canada and if you went outside for a vacation and forget to declare the time you spent outside in your physical presence then IRCC found it out and they may ask you to prove your presence in Canada during the time you reported you were in Canada when in fact you weren't( you claimed days in Canada when in fact you weren't supposed to).They may ask a proof of address in Canada during the time you reported being in Canada and a rental agreement can be used but if you don't have one things may get little complicated. Nothing to do with your address outside the country while on vacation.

Vanecenz588

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
Its with the date , so my address on that place conflicts on the other place because of the "when" thing but like what i said the gap between those dates are not far or long whatever the word is lol...its the same city too and almost like a neighboring street...
I didnt rent because its a relative and its just for a while (6 months)then moved out

Reactions: Das67

Vanecenz588

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
Ive listed that address because i need to change my drivers license address and everything right

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
The address he listed was in Canada and if you went outside for a vacation and forget to declare the time you spent outside in your physical presence then IRCC found it out and they may ask you to prove your presence in Canada during the time you reported you were in Canada when in fact you weren't( you claimed days in Canada when in fact you weren't supposed to).They may ask a proof of address in Canada during the time you reported being in Canada and a rental agreement can be used but if you don't have one things may get little complicated. Nothing to do with your address outside the country while on vacation.
I see what you mean now. Thanks.