+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Hearing/ Waiting for NOD

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
Just 1 Member , and yes it was a Virtual Video Hearing. And my case wasnt a less Complex one.
When is your own hearing ?
My hearing will in December. My case was less Complex but they require hearing, I don't know its will be short hearing or long hearing?
How can i know hearing is short or long?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My hearing will in December. My case was less Complex but they require hearing, I don't know its will be short hearing or long hearing?
How can i know hearing is short or long?
Most of the time it is short but it really depends on the case and the member. Some want to go through everything in detail and depending on how complex your case is it may take longer. You shouldn’t worry if you need a longer case because it still comes down to proof that your life was at risk.

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
Most of the time it is short but it really depends on the case and the member. Some want to go through everything in detail and depending on how complex your case is it may take longer. You shouldn’t worry if you need a longer case because it still comes down to proof that your life was at risk.
How can I know my hearing short or long?
Is it written on the notes that hearing will be short?

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
Hey everyone
I really need guidance in regards to my virtual that was 2 months from today in my lawyer office in montreal . Hearing went smooth . Member asked me alot of Qs . It was about 3 hrs long with including breaks . End of the hearing member told me that she cant make a decision right now and she will send me a decision within 2 weeks . Its been more thn 2 months i didn’t hear back anything from them . I contacted refugee board several times . Their only answer is decision is nt yet been made . Im really stressed and anxious . Every day n night im only thinking abt Notice of decision .. its really stressful to wait for a decision that u dnt even knw whether will it be positive or negative. Please I request seniors who has been through the same situation. I just want to knw what are the possible steps that i can take to reach out member or anything that can ease my stress . I asked my lawyer she is always saying we can only wait . Apart from that . Will that can be an issue if my case was in Toronto (Submittef in Montreal but Got moved to Toronto by itself idk) ? My lawyer was legal aid in Montreal and i was living and working in Alberta ?? Please yr answers will be appreciated.
Did you receive decision?

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
Hey everyone
I really need guidance in regards to my virtual that was 2 months from today in my lawyer office in montreal . Hearing went smooth . Member asked me alot of Qs . It was about 3 hrs long with including breaks . End of the hearing member told me that she cant make a decision right now and she will send me a decision within 2 weeks . Its been more thn 2 months i didn’t hear back anything from them . I contacted refugee board several times . Their only answer is decision is nt yet been made . Im really stressed and anxious . Every day n night im only thinking abt Notice of decision .. its really stressful to wait for a decision that u dnt even knw whether will it be positive or negative. Please I request seniors who has been through the same situation. I just want to knw what are the possible steps that i can take to reach out member or anything that can ease my stress . I asked my lawyer she is always saying we can only wait . Apart from that . Will that can be an issue if my case was in Toronto (Submittef in Montreal but Got moved to Toronto by itself idk) ? My lawyer was legal aid in Montreal and i was living and working in Alberta ?? Please yr answers will be appreciated.
Did you receive decision?

HeDidit

Sep 10, 2022
My hearing was today, and I got an on the table and a positive decision. Hearing lasted for less than 2 hrs + a 30mins break. I appreciate everyone here, and I pray that it will be positive news all the way for everyone.

KEEP FAITH ALIVE! Run from negative statements, at least, for your mental health and faith sake. God CAN change or break protocols just for your sake! He is not a respecter of anybody, not even the member, He is God all by himself!

I await your own goodnews soon too.

Reactions: Kerr88 and zak86

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
My hearing was today, and I got an on the table and a positive decision. Hearing lasted for less than 2 hrs + a 30mins break. I appreciate everyone here, and I pray that it will be positive news all the way for everyone.

KEEP FAITH ALIVE! Run from negative statements, at least, for your mental health and faith sake. God CAN change or break protocols just for your sake! He is not a respecter of anybody, not even the member, He is God all by himself!

I await your own goodnews soon too.
Congratulations,
They gave the decision at the same time?
How many people were present at the time of hearing? And which state did you apply?
Please share your time line also.

HeDidit

Sep 10, 2022
Congratulations,
They gave the decision at the same time?
How many people were present at the time of hearing? And which state did you apply?
Please share your time line also.
Thanks friend. Yeah, it was same time decision. After about 30mins of questioning, the member asked that we take a break. And immediately we reconvened, he welcomed me to Canada and proceeded to start reading his verdict and decision.

Just a member, and in Etobk.

My lawyer submitted BOC on Dec 2021
Eligibility Feb. 2022
WP March.
Hearing October.

Mansourito10

Sep 27, 2022
Congalutaion can u telle me city submitted
Thanks friend. Yeah, it was same time decision. After about 30mins of questioning, the member asked that we take a break. And immediately we reconvened, he welcomed me to Canada and proceeded to start reading his verdict and decision.

Just a member, and in Etobk.

My lawyer submitted BOC on Dec 2021
Eligibility Feb. 2022
WP March.
Hearing October.