+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Hearing/ Waiting for NOD

Jos48669

Jun 1, 2021
Hey everyone
I really need guidance in regards to my virtual that was 2 months from today in my lawyer office in montreal . Hearing went smooth . Member asked me alot of Qs . It was about 3 hrs long with including breaks . End of the hearing member told me that she cant make a decision right now and she will send me a decision within 2 weeks . Its been more thn 2 months i didn’t hear back anything from them . I contacted refugee board several times . Their only answer is decision is nt yet been made . Im really stressed and anxious . Every day n night im only thinking abt Notice of decision .. its really stressful to wait for a decision that u dnt even knw whether will it be positive or negative. Please I request seniors who has been through the same situation. I just want to knw what are the possible steps that i can take to reach out member or anything that can ease my stress . I asked my lawyer she is always saying we can only wait . Apart from that . Will that can be an issue if my case was in Toronto (Submittef in Montreal but Got moved to Toronto by itself idk) ? My lawyer was legal aid in Montreal and i was living and working in Alberta ?? Please yr answers will be appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey everyone
I really need guidance in regards to my virtual that was 2 months from today in my lawyer office in montreal . Hearing went smooth . Member asked me alot of Qs . It was about 3 hrs long with including breaks . End of the hearing member told me that she cant make a decision right now and she will send me a decision within 2 weeks . Its been more thn 2 months i didn’t hear back anything from them . I contacted refugee board several times . Their only answer is decision is nt yet been made . Im really stressed and anxious . Every day n night im only thinking abt Notice of decision .. its really stressful to wait for a decision that u dnt even knw whether will it be positive or negative. Please I request seniors who has been through the same situation. I just want to knw what are the possible steps that i can take to reach out member or anything that can ease my stress . I asked my lawyer she is always saying we can only wait . Apart from that . Will that can be an issue if my case was in Toronto (Submittef in Montreal but Got moved to Toronto by itself idk) ? My lawyer was legal aid in Montreal and i was living and working in Alberta ?? Please yr answers will be appreciated.
Your lawyer is giving you correct advice there is nothing you can do but wait. Would add that if you are living and working in Alberta you shouldn’t be using Quebec legal aid. The legal aid services in a province are limited to the people who live in that province. Is your lawyer aware that you moved?

Jos48669

Jun 1, 2021
Yeah My lawyer knows that I am moved. But she never said that it will affect my claim or something. Do you have any idea like whts the maximum time they can take for a decision?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah My lawyer knows that I am moved. But she never said that it will affect my claim or something. Do you have any idea like whts the maximum time they can take for a decision?
Has nothing to do with the claim. As a non-resident of Quebec you’re no longer entitled to Quebec legal aid because the money primarily comes from Quebec taxpayers for Quebec residents. That’s how legal aid works in each province. There is no timeframe for NOD. It really depends on what is delaying the decision. Usually delays aren’t more than a few months maximum but nobody can really estimate when you’ll receive your NOD.

Jaysonjide

Star Member
Nov 12, 2021
Hey everyone
Am in same Situation, did my hearing last week, my hearing lasted for 3hrs lots of questions. At the end he said he would send the decision to my lawyer and me too via mail

Jaysonjide

Star Member
Nov 12, 2021
Hey everyone
How long did it take you to finally ger the decision and was it Positive?

Jaysonjide

Star Member
Nov 12, 2021
Hearing was virtual? and how much Hearing duration its was short or long?
Hearing lasted for 3 hours, 3 breaks in between. Lots of interrogating questions, member was in his late 30s and had enough time. We started 2pm finished 5pm. At the end he said, i wont make a decision today, i will send the decision thru mail and also thru my lawyer via epost i guess.

Kashif111111

Star Member
Sep 24, 2022
Hearing lasted for 3 hours, 3 breaks in between. Lots of interrogating questions, member was in his late 30s and had enough time. We started 2pm finished 5pm. At the end he said, i wont make a decision today, i will send the decision thru mail and also thru my lawyer via epost i guess.
How many members in board who questions you? It was video conference call? Your case was less Complex or normal?