+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual hearing experience

Yaad23

Jan 10, 2023
Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well. I have my virtual hearing in 2 days and as it's getting closer, I'm being a little scared as I don't have a lawyer and is representing myself. Minister has also intervened and is taking part I'm my hearing. Today I got a mail saying "disclosure of documents before proceeding " and it says GMCS notes is being disclosed to me, I'm confused why they did that. Anyways it is what it is and I would greatly appreciate if you guys could give me your virtual hearing experience briefly and also you're experience with the Minister and interpreter. Thank you in advance!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well. I have my virtual hearing in 2 days and as it's getting closer, I'm being a little scared as I don't have a lawyer and is representing myself. Minister has also intervened and is taking part I'm my hearing. Today I got a mail saying "disclosure of documents before proceeding " and it says GMCS notes is being disclosed to me, I'm confused why they did that. Anyways it is what it is and I would greatly appreciate if you guys could give me your virtual hearing experience briefly and also you're experience with the Minister and interpreter. Thank you in advance!
If the minister is intervening, it's strongly recommended you work with a lawyer.

Yaad23

Jan 10, 2023
If the minister is intervening, it's strongly recommended you work with a lawyer.
I don't have lawyer at all. But I believe that my case is strong with good evidences. Is it going to be difficult for me on the hearing?

skyisthelimitbd

Star Member
Dec 7, 2020
I don't have lawyer at all. But I believe that my case is strong with good evidences. Is it going to be difficult for me on the hearing?
Probably a very few people faced hearing without lawyer and im one of them.
You dont need to much knowledge about law but what you need is, you must know what happend with you.
01) Stick with your BOC, remember every words from your BOC
02) You must proof that you didnt have any IFA ( you moved your self to the other places of your country after being assualted / threatened, but they were after you in that places as well)

03) you will be asked the same question in between various times in your hearing. Answer that question in same manner.
04) there must be continution in your story, dont make any gap in between that.

05) The judge will follow your emotion,, body language etc. Please be remember that you flew from your country in fear of prosecutions, so it must be present in your language and body sign.

Stay positive, dont get nervous. If english is not your first language, get a interpreter but if you are understable, explain everything from your self,dont use him.

I got a table decision, hope you will get it too.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
What is the basis of Minister Intervention? Any intervention, you strongly advised to have legal counsel, otherwise it may be tough one

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Probably a very few people faced hearing without lawyer and im one of them.
You dont need to much knowledge about law but what you need is, you must know what happend with you.
01) Stick with your BOC, remember every words from your BOC
02) You must proof that you didnt have any IFA ( you moved your self to the other places of your country after being assualted / threatened, but they were after you in that places as well)

03) you will be asked the same question in between various times in your hearing. Answer that question in same manner.
04) there must be continution in your story, dont make any gap in between that.

05) The judge will follow your emotion,, body language etc. Please be remember that you flew from your country in fear of prosecutions, so it must be present in your language and body sign.

Stay positive, dont get nervous. If english is not your first language, get a interpreter but if you are understable, explain everything from your self,dont use him.

I got a table decision, hope you will get it too.
Did your case have minister intervention?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Will be important to figure out what are the grounds for the minister’s intervention so you are prepared and have evidence prepared to address any of the concerns

OFC632

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
What happened with your hearing ?
What was the outcome

Yaad23

Jan 10, 2023
Thank you guys for your encouragement. My hearing lasted only 1 hour. Both the member and the Minister asked questions. I'm not sure why but both were not confrontational at all. They just ask, I answer and they move on to the next question. At the end, the member asked the Minister if she wants to submit any additional documents but she said no. Then he said, I'll reserve my decision today and you will get it by mail in 3 to 4 weeks. I'm really stressed out. Is it a good sign?

OFC632

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
Thank you guys for your encouragement. My hearing lasted only 1 hour. Both the member and the Minister asked questions. I'm not sure why but both were not confrontational at all. They just ask, I answer and they move on to the next question. At the end, the member asked the Minister if she wants to submit any additional documents but she said no. Then he said, I'll reserve my decision today and you will get it by mail in 3 to 4 weeks. I'm really stressed out. Is it a good sign?
Looks like you will grt a positive decision
Because if they go in detail about something then it might be tricky
They evaluate on so many things
One of them is are you any helpful in canadian society
Are you working somewhere?
did they ask you about your present occupation?
Do you receive welfare?
Like these kind of questions

Reactions: moref1988

Yaad23

Jan 10, 2023
Looks like you will grt a positive decision
Because if they go in detail about something then it might be tricky
They evaluate on so many things
One of them is are you any helpful in canadian society
Are you working somewhere?
did they ask you about your present occupation?
Do you receive welfare?
Like these kind of questions
They did not ask me anything about my current situation. I didn't receive any welfare at all. I'm am currently working 2 jobs and even bought a car with the money i saved. I submitted my pay stubs and my car insurance as a support to my case with the other evidences. I've also paid my last year's taxes on time.

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
They did not ask me anything about my current situation. I didn't receive any welfare at all. I'm am currently working 2 jobs and even bought a car with the money i saved. I submitted my pay stubs and my car insurance as a support to my case with the other evidences. I've also paid my last year's taxes on time.
Refugee has nothing to do with your job , income or whatsoever. It has to do with your story and evidence. I had a hearing with the minister on credibility . I didn’t want to hire a lawyer I did by myself and answered all the questions truthfully. The minister was not convinced but since his feeling was not based on a real fact , 2 days later I had a positive notice of decision. Stay positive.

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Refugee has nothing to do with your job , income or whatsoever. It has to do with your story and evidence. I had a hearing with the minister on credibility . I didn’t want to hire a lawyer I did by myself and answered all the questions truthfully. The minister was not convinced but since his feeling was not based on a real fact , 2 days later I had a positive notice of decision. Stay positive.
If the minister was not convinced, they could been appeal. I mean, they been convinced.

am i wrong?

hervet

Star Member
Nov 28, 2022
If the minister was not convinced, they could been appeal. I mean, they been convinced.

am i wrong?
He was not convinced but the judge was.. and in the notice of decision the judge mentioned that the Minister’s decision was not fact based. Before concluding I asked the minister on what point he was not convinced, he said he doesn’t need to tell me but he is not convinced that’s it , I concluded that the minister was not on facts. It was a real debate. There was not appeal. I had my notice of decision 2 days after the hearing in June 06. The minister doesn’t have the last word , being convinced or not if you were objective and presented correctly your story and evidences there is no way the minister can win. Besides all the refugee claimant have the benefit of the doubts unless it is clearly demonstrated that you are telling lies.

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
He was not convinced but the judge was.. and in the notice of decision the judge mentioned that the Minister’s decision was not fact based. Before concluding I asked the minister on what point he was not convinced, he said he doesn’t need to tell me but he is not convinced that’s it , I concluded that the minister was not on facts. It was a real debate. There was not appeal. I had my notice of decision 2 days after the hearing in June 06. The minister doesn’t have the last word , being convinced or not if you were objective and presented correctly your story and evidences there is no way the minister can win. Besides all the refugee claimant have the benefit of the doubts unless it is clearly demonstrated that you are telling lies.
Yeah thats right.
I think if there is no IFA and state protection for your country and if there is no serious credibility issues. i think yaad23 will probably win

i have one friend, his hearing lasted 5.5 hours and he won.