+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIRTUAL HEARING EXPERIANCE

farsxp

Apr 19, 2019
Got my package today , and the claim was denied. Main reason is IFA ! Waited a whole month of stress to get a negative decision.
Good luck to you all :)
Oh I am sorry to hear that. You have an appeal option and Federal Judicial Review. Consider H&C as well if you meet the criteria. Please go forward with a lawyer that knows what they are doing! At this point you need to be real careful with choosing your lawyer.

Reactions: Gin9

Gin9

Jun 22, 2021
Oh I am sorry to hear that. You have an appeal option and Federal Judicial Review. Consider H&C as well if you meet the criteria. Please go forward with a lawyer that knows what they are doing! At this point you need to be real careful with choosing your lawyer.
yeah !the lawyer I had was really negligent. Even he prepared me but not enough, I had to focus on myself.

thank you for your advice

Reactions: farsxp

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
Got my package today , and the claim was denied. Main reason is IFA ! Waited a whole month of stress to get a negative decision.
Good luck to you all :)
Sorry about your negative decision. It is not the end. It doesn’t mean that you haven’t done well at your hearing and it doesn’t mean that you are not needed in Canada.
Make sure you work with a lawyer that has good records on appeals. Most importantly, you have to build a stronger argument to debunk the city chosen for your IFA. Your lawyer must be conversant with your country must be ready to work your through new evidence(s). I wish you the very best in the journey ahead. I am sure you will give us good new here soon.

Reactions: 99909 and Gin9

Swagzzy

Jan 28, 2020
I am looking for another lawyer at the moment. Any news about your claim?
My RAD is just two months and two weeks old. The earliest response is between 6 to 8 months. I sure will keep this forum updated.
Please don’t be in a rush to choose another lawyer. Send your NOD to about three or four good Appeal lawyers, check their reviews and analysis their response to you. It might not come cheap.
There are numbers of good ones around Toronto.

Reactions: 99909

May 7, 2021
Sorry to hear about your case, i waited for 3 months to get the negative decision, as that's not the end, lots of options are still open, appeal is the first resort, specially if its just IFA, you might have better chance to win the case as member finds your case credible enough, so just IFA has to be determined by your lawyer, hope and pray for your success... Good luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you come via the US and Roxham Rd? If so, had you spent a lot if time in the US? What was rhe general reason for asylum? The current instability may help your case.

Gin9

Jun 22, 2021
Did you come via the US and Roxham Rd? If so, had you spent a lot if time in the US? What was rhe general reason for asylum? The current instability may help your case.
I flew to the US and crossed the border the next day (Roxham/Lacolle)
that’s what I thought ! He took the decision on the 14th, and the assasination back home happened on the 7th. Clearly that didn’t shake him at all taking his decision.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

I flew to the US and crossed the border the next day (Roxham/Lacolle)
that’s what I thought ! He took the decision on the 14th, and the assasination back home happened on the 7th. Clearly that didn’t shake him at all taking his decision.
The assassination is not what will help your case. If there is significant longterm disroption versus normal disruptions in Haiti that may be a factor. If you happen to be a close associate of the ex-president that could also be a reason. The fact that you didn’t claim asylum asylum in the first safe country also seems to considered more than it used to be. The approval rate for Haitian citizens has never been great since poverty or lack of opportunity is not a reason for asylum.

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Just finished my hearing. I was so nervous
Questions about state protection and internal flights

Accepted after 3 hours
Claimed August 2019
First date for hearing was in June 2020
Then was rescheduled to July 2021

Good luck to everyone

Reactions: Gin9