+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Virtual Citizenship Ceremony Experience in detail!

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
Guys, family of 3 taking oath shortly.. should each one of us should be in seperate system and login to zoom (or) is it ok, if we can all join together to a single zoom session from a computer? please advise.

last_try

Feb 14, 2017
portal says oath ceremony is on 5th jan. yet to get the email with the details. whether oath form will be sent as part of it?

Strawberry91

Star Member
Dec 7, 2021
Hey I am taking my oath on jan 4th and so excited! I have never used zoom app so do you have any tips and recommendations? Should I download the app or use the website? Do you guys have any suggestion in general for the ceremony also? Like my oath is on January 4th and I wanna fly to London on February 20th so I have plenty of time but still you never know these offices so unpredictable.. Should I get my flight tickets before the ceremony and show the officer that I have a flight coming up? I mean it’s not in 2-4 weeks window so it may not be considered urgent but if they send me my certificate 2 months later it’s over… Waited too long for this ceremony I don’t have the luxury to screw it up:/

Dec 29, 2021
Hello all, I have my ceremony scheduled on February 10th 2022. I am planning to travel to India before the 15th of Feb as I have an urgent matter to attend to. I have read the thread and it seems like the Citizenship Certificate can be expedited if there is a reason such as immediate international travel. So I am planning to leave Canada after I get the certificate. I have read online that I can travel to India using an Indian passport for 3 months(grace period) after acquiring foreign citizenship without any issues if foreign passport is not available(As Canadian Passport won’t be available to me at such a short notice). I have also read online that after becoming a Canadian Citizen, I need a Canadian passport to enter Canada which I won’t have and would have to apply for one in New Delhi, India. Hence, I am curious to know about the Canadian passport application procedure from New Delhi and other important things that I need to be mindful of and if anyone have had a similar experience and if they could please share it over here. Your feedback and input will be appreciated. Thanks

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Hi friends, specially Raj @rajkamalmohanram :)

For signing the oath form during the virtual ceremony, if signing a printed version, it should be signed infront of the CIC agent. What about electronic signature? If I choose electronic signature, I’ll just be asked to do that after ceremony on my own and email it?
Should I include date in my electronic signature?

116sg17

Jan 26, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Can all 3 family members just use 1 device do we need a separate device or everyone?

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Guys, family of 3 taking oath shortly.. should each one of us should be in seperate system and login to zoom (or) is it ok, if we can all join together to a single zoom session from a computer? please advise.
During my Oath, there was a couple that had filed and gotten their Oath appointments simultaneously. They logged in separately the day of, but the coordinator asked them to sit together in the same frame - makes it easier to administer, I guess

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hi friends, specially Raj @rajkamalmohanram :)

For signing the oath form during the virtual ceremony, if signing a printed version, it should be signed infront of the CIC agent. What about electronic signature? If I choose electronic signature, I’ll just be asked to do that after ceremony on my own and email it?
Should I include date in my electronic signature?
You'll have to sign the form in 2 places. I think the date would be pre-filled in the form. If you are signing electronically, you'll be asked to do it after the ceremony ends on your own and send it to IRCC via email. .

Reactions: hawat

Dalboy1980

Jan 21, 2016
Guys a quick question (sorry if wrong thread), my statuses are now ALL showing as complete so how long before I'm likely to get a Oath ceremony invite? Also does it mean that no interview is required?

Cheers
Dal

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
You'll have to sign the form in 2 places. I think the date would be pre-filled in the form. If you are signing electronically, you'll be asked to do it after the ceremony ends on your own and send it to IRCC via email. .
To sign electronically, do we have to send the one page or the whole PDF document??? if its the one page only how do we extract the page from the pdf document ?

canadahopefully

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
Guys a quick question (sorry if wrong thread), my statuses are now ALL showing as complete so how long before I'm likely to get a Oath ceremony invite? Also does it mean that no interview is required?

Cheers
Dal
Yes if its all COMPLETE then only thing you have to do is take Oath. Usually oath invites come in 7-10 days after DM and another 2 weeks for Virtual Oath Ceremony, Good Luck!

Reactions: mpsqra

canadahopefully

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-09-2014
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
Hi Everyone,

Can all 3 family members just use 1 device do we need a separate device or everyone?
Yes, IRCC will ask you to login from Only one device with your seat numbers which are given in the Oath Invite email. So use one Computer/Tablet for all of you.

hawat

Aug 28, 2020
Yes if its all COMPLETE then only thing you have to do is take Oath. Usually oath invites come in 7-10 days after DM and another 2 weeks for Virtual Oath Ceremony, Good Luck!
Wait time after DM to oath invitation only 7-10 days? That would great. I received DM last Wednesday.

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
To sign electronically, do we have to send the one page or the whole PDF document??? if its the one page only how do we extract the page from the pdf document ?
Instructions to extract a page from a PDF file using print option
1- In the document click on FILE, then click on PRINT.
2- A window will open. In the PRINTER tab, choose a PDF printer (Adobe PDF or Print as a PDF).
3- In PAGE TO PRINT tab, select the page you want to print
4- Click on PRINT button.
5- You will now see an option to save the new PDF file with a new name. Just save the file to any location and name according to your choice

Reactions: rajkamalmohanram