+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Should I be concerned about this?
Do I need to contact the VO about this?

All the info on the COPR is correct, and that's the only form I need to have when I land, if I'm not mistaken. Or do I need that have that E-file too?
I have an eTA linked to my passport. Maybe it has to do with the timeframe, I'm under 6mnds.
If you have an eTA linked to your passport I think you should be fine, you were issued the CoPR so the VO will have had to have taken care of all the formalities for that. Unless you recently got a new passport and it's different from the one you sent a copy of with your original application, the VO will have all the necessary details.

Here's the letter that normally gets sent out as PPR:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/final-stage-before-processing-which-office-to-submit.551295/

You'll see options there for Visa-Exempt nationalities too. Because you have your CoPR, I'm sure everything is fine and you're right, it probably has to do with everything being less than 6 months old.

Reactions: erik76

Leo204

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
sponsor: Winnipeg MB sponsoring spouse in Kosovo
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
10-18-2017
AOR Received.
10-21-2017
File Transfer...
10-27-2017: In process since 10-30-2017
Med's Request
10-20-2017
Med's Done....
10-31-2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
18-04-2018
If you have an eTA linked to your passport I think you should be fine, you were issued the CoPR so the VO will have had to have taken care of all the formalities for that. Unless you recently got a new passport and it's different from the one you sent a copy of with your original application, the VO will have all the necessary details.

Here's the letter that normally gets sent out as PPR:

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/final-stage-before-processing-which-office-to-submit.551295/

You'll see options there for Visa-Exempt nationalities too. Because you have your CoPR, I'm sure everything is fine and you're right, it probably has to do with everything being less than 6 months old.
So with our situation we had to send our passport in to Vienna, I am wondering if there will be anything else I will receive from Vienna such as a CoPR or any other sorts of documentation. If so do you know the time these other documents would take to be received?
Thank you.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
If you had to send your passport, it will come back with a visa stamp in it, and you'll get a CoPR letter. As to how long? I don't know.

Reactions: Leo204

Leo204

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
10-18-2017
AOR Received.
10-21-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-20-2017
Med's Done....
10-31-2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
18-04-2018
If you had to send your passport, it will come back with a visa stamp in it, and you'll get a CoPR letter. As to how long? I don't know.
Thank you very much!

rjhicks

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
I seem to be stuck in a situation with no communication! Can anyone help?

Earlier this month we received our pre-arrival email, and we received a request to send updated to photos to Vienna which we did and which have been received. ECAS has also changed to Decision Made earlier this month. I believe the next step is to receive CoPR but I don't know when/how this will happen!

Does anybody know roughly how long it takes, and how it gets delivered - normal post/courier etc.? Should I receive a new message to tell me it's been mailed?

Thanks for any insight! I just don't know whether I'm a matter of days or weeks away (hopefully not months...)

A.malek94

Sep 15, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Visa Office......
Vienna immigration centre
Med's Request
20 - 10 - 2017
Med's Done....
21-11- 2017
Interview........
13 -03 - 2018
Hi everyone
today VO asked me for those documents to be send within 30 day's .
- Supplementary Travels IMM5562. &

- Updates Schedule A- Background / Declaration IMM 5669

Im a bit worried because this is the second time i will be sending these documents, so is it normal to be asked for BGC form to be filled again even that i have done an interview the last month here in Vienna VO?

Any opinion or advice are very welcomed as you guy's the only source for information and hope that i need to build my bridge to reach my father in Canada.

Thanks in advance

daniel42

Apr 10, 2018
@rjhicks I am in the same situation. Got a request for pictures (I think the same day you did) and ECAS changed to DM. No update since then. On Wednesday I emailed Vienna to confirm reception of the pictures, hoping a human can provide at least a little bit of information. But no reply so far.

rjhicks

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
@rjhicks I am in the same situation. Got a request for pictures (I think the same day you did) and ECAS changed to DM. No update since then. On Wednesday I emailed Vienna to confirm reception of the pictures, hoping a human can provide at least a little bit of information. But no reply so far.
Interesting to know you're in the same situation! I really don't know what to do. Let me know if you hear from Vienna. I didn't ask them myself if they'd received the photos as I sent them recorded so I could see online that they'd been delivered.

Has you GCKey changed at all since then? Mine changed to Background Check in Progress, but no DM there yet.

daniel42

Apr 10, 2018
Has you GCKey changed at all since then? Mine changed to Background Check in Progress, but no DM there yet.
My GCKey changed to Background Check in Progress, then I got the pre-arrival e-mail a day later and request for pictures another day later. ECAS changed to DM a week or two after those changes. No changes since then in ECAS or GCKey.

@rjhicks, when did your pictures arrive in Vienna?

rjhicks

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
My GCKey changed to Background Check in Progress, then I got the pre-arrival e-mail a day later and request for pictures another day later. ECAS changed to DM a week or two after those changes. No changes since then in ECAS or GCKey.

@rjhicks, when did your pictures arrive in Vienna?
Interesting, yours is pretty much exactly the same as mine. Request for photos came through on April 10th, and they arrived in Vienna on April 16th. Had no communication since then, but I emailed them last night requesting an update, we'll see if they reply with anything useful.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Hi everyone
today VO asked me for those documents to be send within 30 day's .
- Supplementary Travels IMM5562. &

- Updates Schedule A- Background / Declaration IMM 5669

Im a bit worried because this is the second time i will be sending these documents, so is it normal to be asked for BGC form to be filled again even that i have done an interview the last month here in Vienna VO?

Any opinion or advice are very welcomed as you guy's the only source for information and hope that i need to build my bridge to reach my father in Canada.

Thanks in advance
If they're asking for it, you'll need to send them again. Make sure you are sending in the latest forms though. IRCC has changed many of the forms recently and there may be new versions for these documents, and you'll have to submit both.

It could be that too much time has elapsed since you last submitted them, and they need an update to continue processing.

Reactions: A.malek94

Leo204

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
10-18-2017
AOR Received.
10-21-2017
File Transfer...
Med's Request
10-20-2017
Med's Done....
10-31-2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
18-04-2018
We just received an update, our application was approved, everything is finished we are just waiting on the passports to be returned. good luck to everyone, and thank you to those that clarified and helped me through this process.
Cheers!

Last edited:

A.malek94

Sep 15, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Visa Office......
Vienna immigration centre
Med's Request
20 - 10 - 2017
Med's Done....
21-11- 2017
Interview........
13 -03 - 2018
If they're asking for it, you'll need to send them again. Make sure you are sending in the latest forms though. IRCC has changed many of the forms recently and there may be new versions for these documents, and you'll have to submit both.

It could be that too much time has elapsed since you last submitted them, and they need an update to continue processing.
Thanks alot for the important information brother.
Thanks for mentioning to that they might be new versions of the forms because i was filling the same forms that i have filled earlier in 2017

RinaMuhaxhiri

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
Doc's Request.
20-09-2017 (Background A)
AOR Received.
20-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
29-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
It has been about 3 weeks since my husband sent the replacement police certificate.
Have not heard anything yet.
I’m thinking that PPR is the final step, not sure how far away it is though!
I’m back in Canada, it was very hard leaving him! Hopefully we all hear something soon!

Reactions: Leo204

rikta92

Star Member
Nov 29, 2017
Bosnia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
Just got pre arrival letter... can someone explain what exatly that means?

No change in gckey and ecas... just message