Med's Request
10-20-2017
Med's Done....
10-31-2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
18-04-2018
just wanted to post an update, we looked on GCKEY today background check is in Process! we also received our pre arrival on Thursday!

erik76

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
App. Filed.......
04-11-2017
AOR Received.
23-01-2018
IELTS Request
No, sent it with the application
File Transfer...
06-02-2018
Med's Request
29-01-2018
Med's Done....
08-02-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
never received
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2018
Hi all,

So today is turning out to be a great day.
Received my COPR through the mail, my wife and I are extremely happy.
Never got a PPR / DM message

We will have to be in Canada before Feb 2019.

The only thing we noticed is that the Marital status is Common-Law instead of Marriage, but my wife (the sponsor) is listed as Spouse.
We got married on Dec 22, 2017, and informed the CIC / VO about this.
This will not be a big thing right ? Or do I have to request a new COPR with the proper status ?
Any advice would be appriciated.

Of course I would like to thank everybody who helped us with our questions and concerns.
I hope all will get good news soon.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
This will not be a big thing right ? Or do I have to request a new COPR with the proper status ?
Congratulations! Gefeliciteerd en veel succes met je verhuizing!

There was someone else at Vienna who had an incorrect marital status printed on their CoPR and the advice given here on the forum was to just report it when you land. The advice the Visa Office gave after an e-mail was to re-submit everything (and pay a fee) to get a new CoPR issued.

I believe CBSA officers at the point of entry have the ability to draw up a new and corrected CoPR, but don't take my word for it.

Reactions: erik76 and Jelvuk

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
Hi all,

The only thing we noticed is that the Marital status is Common-Law instead of Marriage, but my wife (the sponsor) is listed as Spouse.

Of course I would like to thank everybody who helped us with our questions and concerns.
Regular mail at your home address?

Leo204

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
sponsor: Winnipeg MB sponsoring spouse in Kosovo
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
09-01-2017
Doc's Request.
10-18-2017
AOR Received.
10-21-2017
File Transfer...
10-27-2017: In process since 10-30-2017
Med's Request
10-20-2017
Med's Done....
10-31-2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
18-04-2018
Today we logged in and saw a change in our Ecas it states decision made! im assuming ppr will be coming shortly?
GCkey remained the same

Last edited:
Reactions: Jelvuk

Jelvuk

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Hi all,

This JUST happened to my spouse and I. He recieved his COPR about 10 days ago and we noticed that under his marital status it says single. He emailed Vienna and luckily they replied yesterday saying that they must reissue his COPR and asked for him to send back his passport, COPR and copy of the email correspondence they sent him. He went to the VAC today to send everything back to Vienna and now we just have to wait

Reactions: erik76

erik76

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
App. Filed.......
04-11-2017
AOR Received.
23-01-2018
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
06-02-2018
Med's Request
29-01-2018
Med's Done....
08-02-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
never received
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2018
Regular mail at your home address?
Yes, I got it through the old fashion way, a package / letter that needed an signature.
COPR's are a always sent like that, I read that on the forum here.

Hope you hear some good news soon, you are having a big radio silence with your package.

Reactions: John013

erik76

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
App. Filed.......
04-11-2017
AOR Received.
23-01-2018
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
06-02-2018
Med's Request
29-01-2018
Med's Done....
08-02-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
never received
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2018
This JUST happened to my spouse and I. He recieved his COPR about 10 days ago and we noticed that under his marital status it says single. He emailed Vienna and luckily they replied yesterday saying that they must reissue his COPR and asked for him to send back his passport, COPR and copy of the email correspondence they sent him. He went to the VAC today to send everything back to Vienna and now we just have to wait
I read your whole post and that gave me mixed feelings, little confused in what to do. So eager to see how long this process will take.
I want my forms to be 100% accurat too, so I will probably send it back to so they can correct there error. Just hope it doens't take so long.

good luck

Is the COPR also used for other things than just the first landing, or do you need it with other official things as well?

Jelvuk

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
I read your whole post and that gave me mixed feelings, little confused in what to do. So eager to see how long this process will take.
I want my forms to be 100% accurat too, so I will probably send it back to so they can correct there error. Just hope it doens't take so long.

good luck

Is the COPR also used for other things than just the first landing, or do you need it with other official things as well?
You need it to apply for a SIN and it’s basically a record of landing so it’s something you should keep in a safe place.

I was so confused about the situation. I had called IRCC twice and one person told me we could get it amended at the airport and the other told me we MUST email Vienna and get a new one issued. That’s when my husband decided to just email Vienna himself and see what they say. We were told it takes 30 days for them to reply but they replied super quickly. Honestly it’s up to you, I’m just a worrier and I knew if we didn’t reach out to Vienna I’d be stressing everyday up until his arrival. Also you never know what kind of officer you’ll come across at the airport, he/she could be really understanding or the complete opposite.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017

good luck

The CoPR is your proof that you are a PR (once you've landed and it's been stamped/signed) and won't expire as such. In some provinces it can be used instead of a PR card to register for services, etc.

You are supposed to keep the document safe once you've landed.

Barav

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018
How long does it usually take to review medical results and back ground declaration? Its almost been 3 weeks since medical was completed and they both have been received. After these have been looked at THEN it will be sent to vienna.
waiting sucks :(

Last edited:

Jelvuk

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
How long does it usually take to review medical results and back ground declaration? Its almost been 3 weeks since medical was completed and they both have been received. After these have been looked at THEN it will be sent to vienna.
waiting sucks :(
How long ago did you submit your application?

Jelvuk

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
We sumbitted in january. It was received january 19!
Our application was forwarded to Vienna two months after it was received. Every case is different so it’s hard to predict. It shouldn’t be too long. Once it’s forwarded though that’s when the silence begins!