Med's Request
10-20-2017
Med's Done....
10-31-2017
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
18-04-2018
I dont think they do, I forget who it was in this forum, but I remember they applied in September, so about 1 month after me and they received PPR last week... so it’s random
Well hopefully some good news comes for all of us will come soon. I was really hoping for today as its my birthday but nothing unfortunately. I am getting nervous too though and stuff like that when other peoples applications advance in their process even though they applied after you is very frustrating, personally it emotionally affects me because then I feel something is not right in our documentation or our application is being neglected.

I am considering getting the notes on file for our application because I see no progress happening.. I dont know.. what do you guys think? they have been "in process" since October 30th 2017.

Last edited:

AirJordan23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
I dont think they do, I forget who it was in this forum, but I remember they applied in September, so about 1 month after me and they received PPR last week... so it’s random
If that's the case, I find it really unfair if they're just picking applications at random... Oh well, I'm mostly comparing my application with Serbian applicants and all Balkan countries, that makes more sense to me

Reactions: RinaMuhaxhiri

AirJordan23

Star Member
Dec 19, 2017
Well hopefully some good news comes for all of us will come soon. I was really hoping for today as its my birthday but nothing unfortunately. I am getting nervous too though and stuff like that when other peoples applications advance in their process even though they applied after you is very frustrating, personally it emotionally affects me because then I feel something is not right in our documentation or our application is being neglected.

I am considering getting the notes on file for our application because I see no progress happening.. I dont know.. what do you guys think? they have been "in process" since October 30th 2017.
Couldn't have said it any better and Happy Birthday!

I'm expecting, praying and hoping to receive a decision by July, if not then I will order GCMS notes in August...

RinaMuhaxhiri

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
15-08-2017
Doc's Request.
20-09-2017 (Background A)
AOR Received.
20-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
29-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-10-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018

I wish you the happiest of birthdays regardless of the slow progress being made on the application. :( <3

Reactions: Leo204

Barav

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018

Hi. W

Barav

Star Member
Mar 7, 2018

Sorry my reply didn't post properly?!
I meant
What are the notes amd what do they tell you? Thanks!

erik76

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
App. Filed.......
04-11-2017
AOR Received.
23-01-2018
IELTS Request
No, sent it with the application
File Transfer...
06-02-2018
Med's Request
29-01-2018
Med's Done....
08-02-2018
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
never received
VISA ISSUED...
09-04-2018

Happy Birthday and the best wishes.

Something hopefully will happen soon for you. (and for the rest of the people here)
Just keep the spirit high.

Reactions: Leo204

rjhicks

Star Member
Sep 5, 2017
The saga continues... after having received my pre-arrival email, I've now been asked to re-submit 2x photos of myself...

Has anyone else had this? I'm just wondering where it says on the photo guidelines "must be taken by a professional photographer" I assume a normal passport photo booth will suffice? How did everyone else get their photos done?

canadian2002

Star Member
Nov 18, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
AOR Received.
22-11-2018
File Transfer...
04-12-2017
Med's Request
27-11-2017
Med's Done....
29-11-2017
Passport Req..
01-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2018
LANDED..........
20-06-2018
Hey everyone! So we ordered GCMS notes on March 9th, and they arrived exactly one month later, that's yesterday April 9th. I didn't expect to see anything in the notes to be honest but was curious if any actual notes were made on the file.

What we've been able to deduce is that the application hasn't been touched since December 7th, so we really know we are just sitting in queue as Vienna gets through the applications, and I do agree with others that the processing seems to be done by country. And it may be that specific agents are handling those country files, as you can see that it differs from applicants on when they receive the pre-arrival e-mail, when ECAS updates, etc. We didn't see that they had any concerns about our relationship eligibility, which is great. So basically have been convinced to just sit back and wait...literally nothing else can be done. This visa office seems to have quite a backlog, and usually applications will be given a "bring forward" date of 5 months once it's received in the visa office. If there's not backlog they're picked up earlier, if there is then who knows when they get to it.

Congrats to all those receiving good news recently and best of luck to those, who like us, are banging their heads against the wall in anticipation :)

Reactions: rikta92

John013

Jun 17, 2017
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
29-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-06-2017
File Transfer...
03-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
06-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
31-08-2018
LANDED..........
06-10-2018
They do seem to process applications randomly and not in the order the receive them in. Im a May 2017 applicant and have not seen any changes for 4 months now even though a lot of applicants that applied months later already got pre arrival, DM and PPR. I am happy for everyone that gets their PR and has the oppurtunity to start their new lives in Canada, but at the same time im also wondering wth is going on with my application.

Jelvuk

Star Member
Nov 1, 2017
Yay! My husband got his passport back from Vienna:) Heres our complete timeline:

Sept 20th - Application sent
Sept 22nd - Papers received and signed by CIC
Nov 1st - received first email asking to link application to account
Nov 2nd - Recieved an email with a UCI number and note stating that application began
Nov 3rd - Request for schedule A form/police certificates
November 7th - Request for medical exam And sent approval of sponsorship
November 12th - Police certificates and schedule a uploaded
November 13th - Request for new schedule A form
November 17th - 2nd AOR received that papers have been forwarded Vienna
November 18th - Gc key updated to medical exam passed
March 27 - Pre arrival letter and passport request, ECAS changed to decision made
March 30- Passport sent to Vienna
April 10- Passport received (6 business days)

balkan17

Sep 5, 2017
Yay! My husband got his passport back from Vienna:) Heres our complete timeline:

Sept 20th - Application sent
Sept 22nd - Papers received and signed by CIC
Nov 1st - received first email asking to link application to account
Nov 2nd - Recieved an email with a UCI number and note stating that application began
Nov 3rd - Request for schedule A form/police certificates
November 7th - Request for medical exam And sent approval of sponsorship
November 12th - Police certificates and schedule a uploaded
November 13th - Request for new schedule A form
November 17th - 2nd AOR received that papers have been forwarded Vienna
November 18th - Gc key updated to medical exam passed
March 27 - Pre arrival letter and passport request, ECAS changed to decision made
March 30- Passport sent to Vienna
April 10- Passport received (6 business days)
My passport was sent yesterday in VAC Belegrade I am houpe come back soon.

daniel42

Apr 10, 2018
@rjhicks I also received a request for 2 passport pictures today. I am from a visa exempt country (Germany) and don't have to send my passport. So I think the photos are the only things which physically need to be sent to Vienna in order to issue the CoPR Letter.

You can't take the pictures at a photo booth as the photographer has to write/stamp their name and address on the back of the picture. Also be careful with the format as it is very different from the normal passport picture format (at least compared to German passport pictures). Best is to bring the picture requirements to a photographer.

erik76

Star Member
Sep 6, 2016
The Netherlands
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna, Austria
App. Filed.......
04-11-2017
AOR Received.
23-01-2018