Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
DECISION MADE March 18 2016
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
Twins4life said:
Is your case complicated or straightforward?
Did you file on your own or using the services of a lawyer/consultant?
No representation. I consulted with an X immigration officer who I was fortunate to be connected with through a friend.

I've seen cases like ours get processed quickly but....

Assumption is we are delayed because of previous removal order (not deportation) which was complied with 100%.
My husband was a victim of Admin error which was been proven by a lawyer in court long ago.
The consequences of the CIC error put us in limbo for months and have tortured us with uncertainty for over a year now.
Suffering uncertainty together in CA was bliss compared to waiting now apart.

Files are transferred to VO with vague upfront summary about history. Reality is most books get judged by the cover.
The contents need to be read to fully appreciate the story and verify facts.

I'm sure all will be ok in straight forward cases. At this point ours should be straight forward but initial perception is everything.

Mississauga noted they shredded excessive photos and chat logs. Exhausting news also.
We don't know what photos were shredded. :(

I spent the summer with him and will now start planning next visit as a result of notes indicating no activity.

Twins4life

Nov 11, 2015
ammounti said:
Yes, we included proof of upfront medical with our app... I'll send email to ask. :( Do you know which email address ?
Thanks! :)
Eveyone seems to be using this email to reach the Vienna office:
viennimmigration@international.gc.ca
best of luck!

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 11-08-2015 / AOR2 17-09-2015
File Transfer...
SA approval/transfer 9-09-2015 processing 17-09-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront-MR recieved Oct 14,2015
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
ammounti said:
Yes, we included proof of upfront medical with our app... I'll send email to ask. :( Do you know which email address ?
Thanks! :)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/vienna.asp

I would try general email first. They'll send an auto response saying not to email again for 30 days. They'll get back you...
You'll hear back in a week or 2.

I understand case specific contact can delay processing so save for emergency contact only.

Enquiries
General: vienn-visa@international.gc.ca

Case specific: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=vienna

Twins4life

Nov 11, 2015
Cansk said:
No representation. I consulted with an X immigration officer who I was fortunate to be connected with through a friend.

I've seen cases like ours get processed quickly but....

Assumption is we are delayed because of previous removal order (not deportation) which was complied with 100%.
My husband was a victim of Admin error which was been proven by a lawyer in court long ago.
The consequences of the CIC error put us in limbo for months and have tortured us with uncertainty for over a year now.
Suffering uncertainty together in CA was bliss compared to waiting now apart.

Files are transferred to VO with vague upfront summary about history. Reality is most books get judged by the cover.
The contents need to be read to fully appreciate the story and verify facts.

I'm sure all will be ok in straight forward cases. At this point ours should be straight forward but initial perception is everything.

Mississauga noted they shredded excessive photos and chat logs. Exhausting news also.
We don't know what photos were shredded. :(

I spent the summer with him and will now start planning next visit as a result of notes indicating no activity.
It is so unfortunate that a clerical error could be delaying your case unnecessarily!
If you could be at least together waiting would make a world of difference - I totally relate to that!
They shredded pictures and chats? Oh no!
Our lawyer advised us to send full chat logs (over 1,000 pages double sided) + 150 pictures.
So, most likely we had a good share of shredded pictures :/
When were you advise that they had shredded pics/chats?
I totally agree - a richer chat history adds to the legitimacy of the relationship.
Let's keep hopping Vienna keeps us with the pace.

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
Twins4life said:
It is so unfortunate that a clerical error could be delaying your case unnecessarily!
If you could be at least together waiting would make a world of difference - I totally relate to that!
They shredded pictures and chats? Oh no!
Our lawyer advised us to send full chat logs (over 1,000 pages double sided) + 150 pictures.
So, most likely we had a good share of shredded pictures :/
When were you advise that they had shredded pics/chats?
I totally agree - a richer chat history adds to the legitimacy of the relationship.
Let's keep hopping Vienna keeps us with the pace.
Notes showed shredding comment. We had same amount as you.

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
Twins4life said:
I grouped photos in 5 sections. Dating, family/friend events, wedding, honeymoon and life around the house.
Hopefully they were somewhat selective so not to omit an entire grouping.
This was done in Mississauga. I guess the package needs to be a certain weight for shipping to VO.

Kosovo94

May 28, 2015
anxious2015 said:
Hi Kosovo94

They send that to everyone. You will get a different email once thry actually open it. That is just an automated one.

Let me know what they say :)
Hey anxious2015 I got an email today asking for us to redo our medical exam. Do you think they are close or no here near.

anxious2015

Star Member
Apr 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-03-2015
AOR Received.
21-04-2015
File Transfer...
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
10-03-2015
Passport Req..
07-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-12-2015
LANDED..........
February 2016
I would assume close. Sounds like they are looking at your file! When did your husband do his medical? Fingers crossed you are done soon!! They still haven't responded to my emails about going to get the visa in person. Im getting worried :( it is now Thursday and I wrote them on Monday!

Twins4life

Nov 11, 2015
Cansk said:
I grouped photos in 5 sections. Dating, family/friend events, wedding, honeymoon and life around the house.
Hopefully they were somewhat selective so not to omit an entire grouping.
This was done in Mississauga. I guess the package needs to be a certain weight for shipping to VO.
We did exactly the same thing - providing blocks of pics for each milestone.
Of course shipping is an issue - I just wish the lawyer had advised us about weight concerns.
Best wishes to you. Keep us posted if anything changes at your end.

Cansk

Star Member
Sep 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-07-2015
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Feb 23 2016
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
March 29 2016
Twins4life said:
We did exactly the same thing - providing blocks of pics for each milestone.
Of course shipping is an issue - I just wish the lawyer had advised us about weight concerns.
Best wishes to you. Keep us posted if anything changes at your end.
On the brighter side I read a post where someone's notes showed no activity and A
DM came within a few weeks so in some cases it all goes fast once the file is assigned.
For us the removal order is a red flag which may cause delay. The error I described will not delay app but it created a limbo situation for us in 2014 prior to app. Not knowing for months whether he would have to leave.
Fingers crossed for all. Many quick cases seen in 2015 so far.
As for proof of relationship it seems nobody knows what is best amount. Better too much than not enough I guess.

Twins4life

Nov 11, 2015
Cansk said:
On the brighter side I read a post where someone's notes showed no activity and A
DM came within a few weeks so in some cases it all goes fast once the file is assigned.
For us the removal order is a red flag which may cause delay. The error I described will not delay app but it created a limbo situation for us in 2014 prior to app. Not knowing for months whether he would have to leave.
Fingers crossed for all. Many quick cases seen in 2015 so far.
As for proof of relationship it seems nobody knows what is best amount. Better too much than not enough I guess.
Yes - fingers crossed for more quick DM in 2015 and early 2016 as the wait and anxiety is so draining emotionally.
I was just hoping that the new ministry of immigration would live up to the promise to fast track spouses reunion.
Good luck to all!

PM1983

Aug 22, 2014
Hi All,

I'm happy to share my husband got the COPR by snail mail last week. It was totally unexpected as we were sure there would be an interview. And it also didn't occur to us that since he is from a visa-exempt country there would be no passport request. Both of us are still in happy shock.
He will be wrapping things up at his place of work and fly here asap.

I read over some comments about shredding of docs- I guess it's true that Miss. probably removes everything they deem unnecessary (like > 100 pics of wedding). Our lawyer had warned us about that, so we included only 30 pages of chat, 10 pages of emails and about 30 pics taken at different stages and places. Even the pics were printed on regular size paper- 4 in one page, with descriptions below.

For all future applicants: it's the quality of proof that matters- not qty. Even if you include a chat conversation from the 1st of every month you're apart- that is enough.

All the best to everyone here. I wish you all success and pray you will be together with your love soon :)