+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my COPR today! CIC extended my medicals for a complete year.

I'm so happy!

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Kopje said:
I got my COPR today! CIC extended my medicals for a complete year.

I'm so happy!
wooohoooo :D such good news

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Everyone,

Do you know if I can check the status of our submitted application for STEP 1 online? There is a link but it says our information does not generate a match. So I figured either I am entering wrong info or it is impossible to get an update until I am approved as a sponsor and we move on to STEP 2? Please let me know... I am pretty sure I saw someone write the latter info recently. Step 1 is doubled now, almost 2 months.

Thnx

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Again, CONGRATS to all COPR recipients, sorry that I can't be of more use, I understand everything you write but I can't wrap my head around it yet, give me a year or two lol 8)

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
mimosa86 said:
Hi Everyone,

Do you know if I can check the status of our submitted application for STEP 1 online? There is a link but it says our information does not generate a match. So I figured either I am entering wrong info or it is impossible to get an update until I am approved as a sponsor and we move on to STEP 2? Please let me know... I am pretty sure I saw someone write the latter info recently. Step 1 is doubled now, almost 2 months.

Thnx
according to the info on the website you can't check the status of the first stage online.

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014 - NEW POLICE CERTIFICATE
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR
Med's Done....
13-09-2013 (EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR)
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
Toronto1989 said:
After almost 17 months of waiting they have requested a new police certificate and medical check from my husband... we were hoping that he would not have to re-do them since the letter we received from Vienna before was that he was in queue for an interview. I saw a couple posts that after the police certificate was sent a lot of you received the request for passports. What is the situation with the medical check ? As far as I know the check is done and then sent on to London for analyzing and its distributed from there to the correct embassies. Has anyone re-sent their medical ? May I ask how long it took ? Thank you !
My brother was in queue for an interview and after that interview they requested he re-do his medical. Being told you will go to interview doesn't mean you don't have to re-do medical and police check since they are both valid for only 1 year. Usually, the request of the medical and police check is the final step before they ask for the passport. The check is done in your home country, then sent to London and then it's sent to the correct embassy. For my brother, it took about 3 weeks to arrive in Vienna but it could be quicker. Be happy, you're almost done! :)

Toronto1989

Oct 7, 2014
Mikac15 said:
My brother was in queue for an interview and after that interview they requested he re-do his medical. Being told you will go to interview doesn't mean you don't have to re-do medical and police check since they are both valid for only 1 year. Usually, the request of the medical and police check is the final step before they ask for the passport. The check is done in your home country, then sent to London and then it's sent to the correct embassy. For my brother, it took about 3 weeks to arrive in Vienna but it could be quicker. Be happy, you're almost done! :)
Thank you for your answer Mikac15 !
Do you think this means that he will not have to go for the interview ? Because they asked for the medical and police certificate without giving us an interview date... I'm thinking and hoping that they want to speed up the process and skipped the interview. Fingers crossed !!

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014 - NEW POLICE CERTIFICATE
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR
Med's Done....
13-09-2013 (EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR)
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
Toronto1989 said:
Thank you for your answer Mikac15 !
Do you think this means that he will not have to go for the interview ? Because they asked for the medical and police certificate without giving us an interview date... I'm thinking and hoping that they want to speed up the process and skipped the interview. Fingers crossed !!
So he didn't go to the interview yet? hmmm, that's interesting. Have you checked your status on ECAS? Maybe they did decide to skip the interview but that is weird, usually they don't change their minds just like that. Have you sent them the requested documents yet? SEND THEM ASAP. My husband sent his police check on a friday, it took 5 days to get there and we got a passport request 2 days later (in total 1 week). Send your documents as soon as you can so you can know if he still needs to go to the interview. Hopefully I've helped a little :)

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
mimosa86 said:
Hi Everyone,

Thnx
You can check ECAS for stage 1 only if you received an AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) from Mississauga. They send AOR before SA (Sponsor Approval) and in that letter/email they will write the sponsor's UCI number. Use that UCI number and the sponsor's details (DoB, Name, etc.) to log into ECAS and it will show the first stage. Sometimes it is possible though to receive AOR and SA on same day.

Later on, after you receive SA and the file gets transferred to the Visa Office abroad, another box will appear showing the status of stage 2 (under Principal Applicant).

If you need any help with that, send me a private message.

Toronto1989

Oct 7, 2014
Mikac15 said:
So he didn't go to the interview yet? hmmm, that's interesting. Have you checked your status on ECAS? Maybe they did decide to skip the interview but that is weird, usually they don't change their minds just like that. Have you sent them the requested documents yet? SEND THEM ASAP. My husband sent his police check on a friday, it took 5 days to get there and we got a passport request 2 days later (in total 1 week). Send your documents as soon as you can so you can know if he still needs to go to the interview. Hopefully I've helped a little :)
No interview, so that is why I don't really understand. I wrote them an e-mail no too long ago saying that we will pass the 17 month mark in November... so maybe that is why they decided to ask for the medical/police check. But then on ECAS all it says is:
1.We received your application for permanent residence on May 6, 2013.
2.Medical results have been received
Point two was uploaded like two weeks ago, so 16 months into the process.
I think they are a little all over the place :)
My husband is going for the med check next Monday, and we will send the police certificate as soon as possible. I really hope that this is the end for us :)

Radovan

Mar 31, 2014
Serbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2013
File Transfer...
20-10-2013
Med's Done....
09-07-2013
Passport Req..
17-10-2014
Hellooo forum friends :) Finaly I am done with waiting!!! They call me today from VAC to say that I can pick up my paseport.... I honestly wish to everyone fast and good news ASAP!!! God blas you all...
Peace

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 Jan 2015 sponsorship submitted to Mississauga
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
18 Mar 2015, SA received 02 April 2015
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
Hi,

I've just found this forum as we're beginning the process to get my common-law partner PR in Canada. We're in the Netherlands at the moment, so will be lodging our application through the Vienna office very soon. There's a lot of great info here, especially since the CIC website is so vague about things. We're planning on moving back to Canada in June 2016, so hopefully it all goes through within the 17 month timeframe quoted.

Can someone let me know if the photocopies of supporting documents you submit need to be certified if they are in English? The info on the CIC website seems to suggest just plain photocopies are fine, but we know from experience with Australian immigration that they all must be certified. Thought it was worth checking before we start getting these ready.

Has anyone else has had to submit statutory declarations from family/friends to support their case of a common-law relationship? Is there a form or template that should be used to complete this? I can't find anything on the website either (apart from the mention in the checklist), so if anyone else has done this, could you let me know what you submitted? We've been together 10 years, so proving everything is pretty straight forward for us, especially since I migrated to Australia on a spouse visa several years ago (we luckily kept most of our documentation from that visa application).

I'm sure I'll have a heap more questions over the coming weeks. Working hard to get the application off to Mississauga by the end of the year!

Thanks in advance.

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
I have one other question for anyone else who has had to get a police clearance for the Netherlands (Certificate of Conduct for Natural Persons VOG NP). I understand the Embassy needs to complete the form before we can submit it to our local gemeentehuis. I presume we are to mail the form to the Vienna Embassy to complete before we lodge our full application to CIC? I'm going to check with our gemeentehuis that they definitely want the Embassy to complete the final pages, but if anyone else has gone through this recently, please let me know what you did. And how long it took for the Embassy to return the completed forms for the police clearance.

Many thanks!

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
MacnCheese said:
I have one other question for anyone else who has had to get a police clearance for the Netherlands (Certificate of Conduct for Natural Persons VOG NP). I understand the Embassy needs to complete the form before we can submit it to our local gemeentehuis. I presume we are to mail the form to the Vienna Embassy to complete before we lodge our full application to CIC? I'm going to check with our gemeentehuis that they definitely want the Embassy to complete the final pages, but if anyone else has gone through this recently, please let me know what you did. And how long it took for the Embassy to return the completed forms for the police clearance.

Many thanks!
I don't know about the Netherlands but for anywhere else you don't need to wait for the first stage to complete in order to get the police certificate. You can get it at anytime. Vienna does not send you anything unless you are late on sending the police certificate and renders your application as incompelete and send you an email asking for it and saying that the application is incomplete and don't forget to have police certificates for every country that you've lived in. As for your other question about the supporting documents, depends on what documents your talking about. Maybe we could help you better if you list the documents.

MacnCheese

Star Member
Oct 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
20 Aug 2015
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
06 Nov 2014
Passport Req..
5 Oct 2015
VISA ISSUED...
15 Oct 2015
Thanks Avissa.

For supporting documents, I mean things like joint bank statements, leases, payslips, insurance policies, airline tickets, etc to prove our common-law relationship. Everything will be in English.

And do copies of our passports need to be certified? It seems that only documents which are not in English/French much be certified, but I wanted to check what others have done. Every single copy of every single document we submitted for my Australian visa had to be certified!