Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
jagoda83 said:
My husband sent a police clearance on the 30 Sep. And it was the NEW one, since we originally submitted wrong one (our mistake). Today he received the signature that the letter was received on the 15th of October. I am hoping that they will request the passport soon. How long should we expect the request? Status still says "application received".
Congratulations to all that got the PR and good luck to the rest of us!
When did you apply and when did they ask for the latest police certificate ?

Tintor1

Oct 23, 2014
little_apple said:
It took 13 days for my COPR to arrive in Canada. Try to stay patient. You're almost there ;)

You have to either leave the country and re-enter or you book an appointment with your local CIC office (phone number on your COPR). You have to check the expiry date of your COPR. The waiting time for the local CIC office is sometimes very long and you might not be able to land there. You might have to leave and re-enter / flagpole
Should I call cic on monday and make an appointment before the copr arrives? How long is usually the copr expiry?

susana

Nov 4, 2008
Tintor1 said:
Should I call cic on monday and make an appointment before the copr arrives? How long is usually the copr expiry?
You should wait as they will ask you when does your CORP expires and you wouldn't know unti you receive it.
Congratulations !

JelenaCan

Jul 9, 2014
Hi Everyone!!

Update from us :)

our timeline:
Oct 10, 2013 - application arrived in Mississauga
Oct 30, 2013 -I was approved as sponsor
Nov 5, 2013 - my husbands application arrived in Vienna
October 3, 2014 - status changed to "in process"
October 16, 2014 - my husband received an email from Vienna asking for a new criminal record check
October 20, 2014 - criminal record check arrived in Vienna
October 24, 2014 - status changed to "decision made" and there's a letter being send to my husbands home address in Croatia.

My husband is from Croatia, he's here as a visitor since last month and now we're waiting for the CORP letter to arrive at his Croatian address... do they send an email at all or do we have to wait for the letter to arrive? We are going to get it express mailed to Canada and then leave the country and re-enter. Is that the only "document" he needs when coming into Canada? Should we expect the letter sometime next week, or does it take longer?
We are soooo excited, we honestly thought this would take until after New Years!!!! I am soooo happy many of us are getting good news and positive answers!!

All the best to everyone. All the patience and prayers have helped!!!!!! Everyone that is waiting, don't give up!!!

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
Tintor1 said:
The COPR expiry dates vary. Sometimes it's 12 months after the medical exam was done, sometimes it's 2 years after the medical exam was done and the expiry date of my COPR was 12 months after sponsorship approval/1 year and 6 weeks after med. exam

jagoda83

Sep 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-09-2014
AOR Received.
09-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Done....
02-04-2014
Interview........
05-02-2015
This is our timeline:
Med done: April 2, 2014
Application sent to Mississauga: 5 May, 2014 (all the fees paid upfront)
Application received: May 6, 2014
Sponsorship approved: July 9, 2014
Police clearance request: Aug 29, 2014
Police clearance sent: September 1, 2014
Email indicating it is the wrong document (change in Montenegro systems) September 29, 204
New (and hopefully CORRECT) police clearance sent: September 30, 2014
They received it on October 13, 2014 (we requested signature, and signed card arrived in Montenegro on October 24, 2014)
We hear so many approvals in October, and I am expecting they request his passport soon, however even if we wait until March it is not a big deal...
Just hoping to be soon together... Good luck to all!

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
little_apple said:
They just keep it there for 7 days, don't they?
Be careful that they don't send it back to Vienna
I went to the post office before we left and made sure that the package will still be there when we come back from our mini vacation.

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
jagoda83 said:
This is our timeline:
Med done: April 2, 2014
Application sent to Mississauga: 5 May, 2014 (all the fees paid upfront)
Application received: May 6, 2014
Sponsorship approved: July 9, 2014
Police clearance request: Aug 29, 2014
Police clearance sent: September 1, 2014
Email indicating it is the wrong document (change in Montenegro systems) September 29, 204
New (and hopefully CORRECT) police clearance sent: September 30, 2014
They received it on October 13, 2014 (we requested signature, and signed card arrived in Montenegro on October 24, 2014)
We hear so many approvals in October, and I am expecting they request his passport soon, however even if we wait until March it is not a big deal...
Just hoping to be soon together... Good luck to all!
indeed Vienna is doing well :) but for us that redid the police certificate was because our initial one was expired and as soon as the status changed into " in process" the asked for a valid police certificate and most of us have applied in summer of 2013. But don't worry because I think something has happened and they have gotten more officer or something and they are speeding up so by the next wave of visas you should be go to go ;)

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh dear Jagoda,

hold yr energy.be excited ,but also realistic.
All we applied last year in (august,sept.octob,nov.) . We waited to long till now. I thought when I applied in sept.2013. what 12months processing time? My case will be finished til NYE,my case is straightforward. Then I bite myself on tongue.

Take it easy,day by day,step by step.
I wish u all the best.

Minicooper

May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-10-2014 Police certificate
File Transfer...
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
It's so excited to hear all the good news and to know Vienna is awake :)
I just read the letter again they send me asking for the police check and saw that they also requested a confirmation of my mailing address. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this means that they will make a decision after they receive the police check.
Just waiting for it to arrive from the dutch government now!

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

May I ask why your file transfer took 4 months??? Was stage 1 officially 100 days on the cic website back then? Right now it says 43 days and I've seen people who applied Dec 2013 get stage 1 approval in like 20 days? "Whaddup"?? That totally ruined my day lol, sorry.
Minicooper said:
It's so excited to hear all the good news and to know Vienna is awake :)
I just read the letter again they send me asking for the police check and saw that they also requested a confirmation of my mailing address. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this means that they will make a decision after they receive the police check.
Just waiting for it to arrive from the dutch government now!

Minicooper

May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-10-2014 Police certificate
File Transfer...
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
mimosa86 said:
Hello,

May I ask why your file transfer took 4 months??? Was stage 1 officially 100 days on the cic website back then? Right now it says 43 days and I've seen people who applied Dec 2013 get stage 1 approval in like 20 days? "Whaddup"?? That totally ruined my day lol, sorry.
It was because they had send the application back to us. But to our old address. They send it back because they said a document was missing however we had called them prior to sending out the application and they said they didn't need it. Long story short. Our application was "missing" for 2.5 months. They later informed us they send it to our old address. We had to re-apply, which made us January applicants instead of October applicants. After we re-applied it took about a month before the file transfer which was average at that time, so don't worry! :)

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Clarification of mean of Departure Certificate

You can read about Departure Certificate till your blue in the face. You have to see one to understand What Board Security marks on it.

I only had a chance to look at the actual Form today.

Departure Certificate is not a guarantee of not getting and ARC
when leaving Canada as a failed refugee

Under section B on Form (Our Form is 0056 not 0056B) The officer writes in why you were removed. Example A36 and 49 on ours. My partner complied with all request for check in with special number to call, every week prior to leaving.

Type of Order on Form 0056
(1) Departure Order (2) Exclusion Order. (3) Not in use (4) Departure Order (5) Departure Order, becomes Deportation Order. [ ] Officer writes in your number.

Unfortunately our number is 5, even though my partner left Canada in 14 days of 30 allow. Which likely means an ARC is required. plus $1500 plane fare + Letter + extra $400

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
my husband lands on friday!.. Does anyone have experience landing and can share what questiosn they ask once you enetered canada? I want to make sure he can answer the question ( as his english is not so great)... Thanks.

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
My husband's cousin just got her COPR!!! She'll be landing in Vancouver soon. :)
I don't know her timeline (I'll ask his aunt and uncle, because it's a second cousin actually) but if I'm not mistaken, the wait time wasn't over a year.
(She's Croatian, for anyone who wants to know.)