+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

Germany1

Mar 18, 2014
little_apple said:
Why did you get a passport request? I guess you are not German, right? Because Germans don't need a visa for Canada
Hello,
No I'm not German but I live in Germany and have a German PR. :)

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mimosa86 said:
Seen your posts before... Very happy for you!
Thank you.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes from decision made until the letter arrives at the applicants address?

Balkanation

Jan 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 06, 2013
AOR Received.
Dec 08, 2013
File Transfer...
Dec 26, 2013
Med's Done....
Oct 15, 2013 (passed Jan 22, 2014)
Seems like there is good news all around, congrats to those that got the PR!
We also received a interview request couple of weeks back. Its scheduled for mid Nov, 2014.

Has anyone gone through the interview process, what sort of questions Vienna asks?
Any hard to answer or confusing ones?

Nunuc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Just a quick question on Vienna experiences:

We have decided to send original copies of birth certificates etc. together with the translations. As I was told here, no one had their applications returned because of this even though they do specifically ask for copies and I hope we won't have problems with that.

What I am wondering now is about the following - Do I need to certify the following photocopies:

- My BiH passport
- My Serbian passport
- My wife's Canadian passport
- My baby's Canadian Citizenship Certificate

I have colour photocopies of all of them but am confused as to whether they also need to be certified.

Thanks in advance.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Nunuc said:
Just a quick question on Vienna experiences:

We have decided to send original copies of birth certificates etc. together with the translations. As I was told here, no one had their applications returned because of this even though they do specifically ask for copies and I hope we won't have problems with that.

What I am wondering now is about the following - Do I need to certify the following photocopies:

- My BiH passport
- My Serbian passport
- My wife's Canadian passport
- My baby's Canadian Citizenship Certificate

I have colour photocopies of all of them but am confused as to whether they also need to be certified.

Thanks in advance.
You need to certify as true copies only the documents that have been translated. So if any of the documents listed here were translated from a different language, then the photocopy of such document would have to be certified. (but from what I can see, there is no need for translation for any of them)
I only certified the photocopy of my marriage certificate (which was translated from German into English) and the photocopy of my birth certificate (which was translated from Romanian into English).

From the CIC website:
"Translation of documents

Any document that is not in English or French must be accompanied by:

the English or French translation; and
an affidavit from the person who completed the translation; and
a certified copy of the original document."

You might have made the wrong choice by sending in originals instead of photocopies, there is a high chance those documents won't be returned to you (that is why they specifically ask for copies, because they don't usually return anything back) so you might want to think about getting a new set of originals.

Nunuc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Thanks a lot.

I don't mind the originals going because it is very quick and cheap to get fresh birth, marriage etc certificates here. The really troublesome one's, especially when getting them from four continents, are the police certificates and there they only accept originals.

One last query on this topic: International certificates. These are issues in French and local language as per the Vienna Convention. I know they accept documents in English or French so from the language standpoint there is no problem but do they accept them as legitimate documents or do they want the 'local' versions? I have both and it would save me time and money on translating/certifying.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Nunuc said:
Thanks a lot.

I don't mind the originals going because it is very quick and cheap to get fresh birth, marriage etc certificates here. The really troublesome one's, especially when getting them from four continents, are the police certificates and there they only accept originals.

One last query on this topic: International certificates. These are issues in French and local language as per the Vienna Convention. I know they accept documents in English or French so from the language standpoint there is no problem but do they accept them as legitimate documents or do they want the 'local' versions? I have both and it would save me time and money on translating/certifying.
Most of the time they accept the international ones without a translation, but if I were you, I would translate them, just in case. I also had international birth and marriage certificate, but I translated them anyway, because I wanted to make sure that they won't ask for it later (which would have delayed the process).

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
b4roness said:
Yay!!! Vienna is doing good, thank God! Congrats to all who are in process or are on their way home to their loved ones :)

Are there any more former refugees, besides myself, waiting for their Visa/COPR?
My partner in Hungary is...No word from Vienna since Oct 15, 2013,although our MP asked about in March 2014 and Vienna indicated Nov 2014 maybe. That was sort of confirmed when we paid for PR card $490 that letter said 13 months, give or take if they need interview, more docs and how busy they are...We have our fingers crossed.

mapleleafgirl

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Dear friends,

After almost 15 months, our process is finally OVER!!!!

Cheers to all of you!!!

PS-For those of you still waiting, your process will be a lot quicker and hang in there!!!!!

Tintor1

Oct 23, 2014
Hi guys.
Question. They asked me a couple of weeks ago to provide new medicals and police check which i provided and this morning i asked them to confirm if they have received it. They sent me an email saying " with reference to your email below, please be informed that your immigration documents have been issued and sent by registered mail on 22 October to mailing address" Does anyone know what does this mean? Are they requesting my passport or? All my communication has always been via email. :mad: So confused.

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tintor1 said:
Hi guys.
Question. They asked me a couple of weeks ago to provide new medicals and police check which i provided and this morning i asked them to confirm if they have received it. They sent me an email saying " with reference to your email below, please be informed that your immigration documents have been issued and sent by registered mail on 22 October to mailing address" Does anyone know what does this mean? Are they requesting my passport or? All my communication has always been via email. :mad: So confused.
That means your application has been approved. You should receive the Confirmation of permanent residency in your mail within a couple of days. These documents will allow you to land as a PR.

Congratulations!

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Tintor1 said:
AHHHH REALLY? will i still have to go to vienna to hand in my passport?
Since they issued your COPR without asking for your passport, it means you are from a visa exempt country and you don't require a visa stamp in your passport to travel to Canada.

If this is not the case with you, and you are a non-visa exempt national, then it is sometimes possible that the embassy made a mistake and you need to contact them asap.

Tintor1

Oct 23, 2014
Avadava said:
Since they issued your COPR without asking for your passport, it means you are from a visa exempt country and you don't require a visa stamp in your passport to travel to Canada.

If this is not the case with you, and you are a non-visa exempt national, then it is sometimes possible that the embassy made a mistake and you need to contact them asap.
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!