+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VIENNA OFFICE

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you Kopje! I better keep spamming you guys 8)
I will ask my new question in a new post!

Kopje said:
You will be able to create the timeline in your forum profile once you have reached 10 posts.

d.20

Jun 6, 2014
what is happened with vienna its been 6 months that i sent medical examination and still nothing do i need to resend again when they asking or what

Nunuc

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Reading these last few pages makes me realize that finishing the application is the less stressful part compared to the wait at the infamous Vienna office. I have finally gathered all the necessary documents but there are still some questions.

Sorry to ask what has probably been asked before but I am confused about the checklist in 3901.
My situation is as follows - my wife is a naturalized Canadian citizen sponsoring me for a PR. We have been living together for more than 7 years (outside Canada) and have been married for four. We have a 9 month old baby daughter who received her Canadian Citizenship Certificate last month. I have not included either my spouse or daughter in my IMM0008 form as they are both already citizens and the other forms are quite clear as to when I need to include family members that are already Canadian citizens/PR. However, form 3901 is not very clear on this:

- Do I need to provide 8 photographs of my spouse and daughter as well as myself?
- Do I need to send copies of their travel documents (i.e. my wife's Canadian passport)?

At the moment, I have my birth certificate, my wife's divorce certificate from her previous marriage, our marriage certificate, my wife and daughter's citizenship certificates. Is this enough?

Also, I am a dual citizen and I note this in IMM0008 - do I send copies of both passports or just the one that I want my PR in?

Is it a big deal to send originals rather than certified copies? For some reason translators will certify their translations based on originals but will not certify photocopies while municipal authorities etc. do not write their certification notes in English. Is it OK to send originals with certified translations?

Has anyone had any experience with international birth and marriage certificates? They are written in French and the language of the country in which you take it out - would these be accepted by the CIC or is it better to just translate originals?

Finally, my wife's divorce certificate was translated four years ago, is this considered valid?

Thanks in advance - this forum is an irreplaceable ally in this frustrating process.

Toronto1989

Oct 7, 2014
alekgalorini said:
Toronto1989 said:
Hi Alek, did you send them another e-mail ? Or did you just receive the interview date ? Is the date more than 1 month away ? thanks !
[/quote

Hi,
They just sent me the email, but the email I rec'd regarding we are queue for interview was reply from an angry email I had sent. I used their words against them and told them we were being mistreated. And within a week a rec'd both emails. Our interview is on dec 18. I suggest you act snd say something or else they will drag it.. Like they have. This is my advise, but do what you feel is best :) best of luck. Hope this ends soon
Hey Alek,
Wrote them a not too nice e-mail on Oct 15th.... just checked e-case today and after 16 months they have updated e-case with "Medical Results have been received" . This is ridiculous.
Anyway, hope to get the notes by beginning of November and they should reply to my mail within 1 month... we shall see :)

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
I have some good news to share with you. Today I received Passport Request from Vienna. This is the first email I got from them (no AOR, no police certificate request, no re-med) and they informed me that my visa will be valid till January 24, 2015.

My husband and I are planning to drive to Vienna next week for same day service, I decided not to send the passport with a courier. I have to say that I wasn't expecting to hear from them earlier than February, 2015, so this news was a complete surprise for us.

My timeline:
Application filed: Dec. 3, 2013
Sponsor Approval: Jan. 8, 2014
File transfer to Vienna: Jan 12, 2014
PPR: Oct. 20, 2014
Total waiting time: 10 months and 2 weeks

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. Don't lose hope, your process will soon be over.

TedStankovich

Sep 21, 2014
Hi folks. First, I'd like to say thank you to those who answered my previous questions.

I have another one, though. Do you think it would be a problem if I didn't send money transaction documents to the office when they asked for the proof of ongoing communication? I've sent Facebook chats, Facebook posts, Viber and Skype logs and e-tickets alongside with 50 or so photographs taken during my wife's visit. Is this enough? I did receive money from my wife but she used her father's account to send it to me so we couldn't show that as a proof.

Also, do you think would it be okay to send an e-mail asking whether our package arrived at the embassy or not?

Thanks, and congratulations to those who are already there!

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TedStankovich said:
Hi folks. First, I'd like to say thank you to those who answered my previous questions.

I have another one, though. Do you think it would be a problem if I didn't send money transaction documents to the office when they asked for the proof of ongoing communication? I've sent Facebook chats, Facebook posts, Viber and Skype logs and e-tickets alongside with 50 or so photographs taken during my wife's visit. Is this enough? I did receive money from my wife but she used her father's account to send it to me so we couldn't show that as a proof.

Also, do you think would it be okay to send an e-mail asking whether our package arrived at the embassy or not?

Thanks, and congratulations to those who are already there!
I do not think it is going to be a problem. Sounds to me like you send more than enough proof of ongoing communications between you and your wife.

Of course it is ok to E-Mail Vienna.

TedStankovich

Sep 21, 2014
Kopje said:
I do not think it is going to be a problem. Sounds to me like you send more than enough proof of ongoing communications between you and your wife.

Of course it is ok to E-Mail Vienna.
Cheers, Kopje!

alvinn

Star Member
Nov 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 28. 2013
Med's Done....
march 28. 2013
Interview........
december 17. 2013
Passport Req..
january 20 2014
VISA ISSUED...
31 january 2014
LANDED..........
fabruary 7 2014
HEY guys how are you...i see there is more new people and thats good...i was going through vienna and i pass...i did get my PR status and i,m living now from february in ontario...in hamilton ......and it is great...so guys if you have any questions...just ask..i didn't have anyone..exept this forum did helm little bit but not that much...so i.m here for you.

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
Re: Landing in Canada question

Kopje said:
If I'm not mistaken days living abroad will also count towards your resident obligations if you are living together with your spouse abroad and your spouse is a Canadian citizen.
True :)

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow Avadava! Just wow! At 10 months, you beat both China and France... Which these days makes you "very lucky".
I wonder where you are from? My sincerest congrats again!

Avadava said:
I have some good news to share with you. Today I received Passport Request from Vienna. This is the first email I got from them (no AOR, no police certificate request, no re-med) and they informed me that my visa will be valid till January 24, 2015.

My husband and I are planning to drive to Vienna next week for same day service, I decided not to send the passport with a courier. I have to say that I wasn't expecting to hear from them earlier than February, 2015, so this news was a complete surprise for us.

My timeline:

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting. Don't lose hope, your process will soon be over.

mimosa86

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Avadava said:

My timeline:

Sorry, I keep typing "above" the quoted text...
Btw, step 1 went up to 58 days, then down to 40 and now back up to 43, and I just submitted our application... 43 days = 2 month +17, if I am looking at 19, it's really depressing...

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
mimosa86 said:
Wow Avadava! Just wow! At 10 months, you beat both China and France... Which these days makes you "very lucky".
I wonder where you are from? My sincerest congrats again!
Thank you. I am a Romanian national, but have been living in Germany with my husband since 2009, that's why we applied through Vienna and not Bucharest.

We are very shocked about this, I was expecting for Vienna to ask more documents, like a renewed police certificate, or more proof for my husband of his intention of going back to Canada (he is a Canadian citizen living abroad and he doesn't have a job offer in Canada). But Vienna never contacted us until now.

I ordered GCMS notes in August, and nothing was started on my application. This means they completed everything within the last 2 months.

My advice to everyone that is preparing to apply, is to make sure you send in a tidy, well organized and complete application (including paying all the fees up front). This will surely save you a lot of time. And although we have been married for 6 years, we didn't send a lot of pictures or chats. We emphasized quality over quantity (no officer would enjoy reading through thousands of Facebook screen shots, in my opinion).

Again, good luck to everyone still waiting.

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
I have a question for the people who went to Vienna in person to get their visa stamped in the passport. Since I am planning to do the same, I wonder if the COPR will be given to me on the same day.

So basically, you go there, they take your passport and they tell you to come back later and pick it up, right? Did you guys get the COPR too or did they mail it to your home address separately?