Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
lalaBiH said:
Dear _____:

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. You must submit your passport(s) to the visa office in Vienna, within 30 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application.

Please include a copy of this letter with your submission.

AHHHHH 12.5 months laterrr and its OVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVR ... !! took only about a week after medical and police check was submitted!!
Congratulations, I can't believe how many people from this forum are getting good news! It's AWESOME!

If you don't mind me asking, when did your application officially go into PROCESSING. See I applied in Nov 22, 13. Application was in Vienna Jan 14. A few days ago, ECAS status changed from "Application Received" to "In Process" and this morning my husband got an email stating that he needed to send in a new original copy of the police check. That's it, they want nothing else. After you sent in your application, did they ask for anything else besides police check and medical before you got this AMAZING NEWS?! :D

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014 - NEW POLICE CERTIFICATE
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR
Med's Done....
13-09-2013 (EXTENDED FOR ONE FULL YEAR)
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
Hey everyone,

my husband got an email requesting a new original copy of the police check just days after our application officially went to "In Process".
They didn't request a new medical, does this mean that maybe he won't need to redo medical?
If anyone has had any experience with this please let me know! :D

Avissa

Jun 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/08/2013
Med's Done....
29/07/2013
Mikac15 said:
Hey everyone,

my husband got an email requesting a new original copy of the police check just days after our application officially went to "In Process".
They didn't request a new medical, does this mean that maybe he won't need to redo medical?
If anyone has had any experience with this please let me know! :D
gratz :) I got the same thing on Friday and applied for one on Monday. I have heard that sometimes they extend the medical for 2-3 months if the application is at it's final stage.

mapleleafgirl

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Hi all!

If you book a flight and there is a stopover in Toronto and that’s not your final destination city, what happens?
Does he simply go through customs and then deals with Immigration in the final destination city? Or does he have to deal with Immigration in Toronto and they process everything?

Thanks!!! Positive energy all around ;)

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mapleleafgirl said:
Hi all!

If you book a flight and there is a stopover in Toronto and that's not your final destination city, what happens?
Does he simply go through customs and then deals with Immigration in the final destination city? Or does he have to deal with Immigration in Toronto and they process everything?

Thanks!!! Positive energy all around ;)
Landing has to be done at the first time the applicant enters Canada. In your case this would be in Toronto.

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
Avissa said:
gratz :) I got the same thing on Friday and applied for one on Monday. I have heard that sometimes they extend the medical for 2-3 months if the application is at it's final stage.
OMG good luck! I am guessing that since they only requested a police check (in your case and mine) that maybe they have decided to extend the medical for us? :D
Let's hope so!

zedtoronto

Star Member
Sep 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
little_apple said:
This is the sponsorship approval. To see the current status on the application you have to login with the file number or applicant's UCI number + the applicant's name and DOB
That can't be right. The sponsor sees information for both applications. The applicant only sees information for their own application.

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
zedtoronto said:
That can't be right. The sponsor sees information for both applications. The applicant only sees information for their own application.
Yes Zedtoronto you are right, I see the status for both applications and I am the sponsor.
However, I still thinking that you are seeing the "application received" status for the the permanent residence application and "decision made" for the sponsorship application.
BTW Today I got an email requesting my husband's new police check. In Process definitely means something! :)

TedStankovich

Sep 21, 2014
Hi everyone, I've got the e-mail from Vienna this morning and it says:

"Dear XXX:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are missing the following information and/or documentation in your application:

-Proof of ongoing communication between you and your sponsor (via skype/sms/e-mail, proof of funds transfer, visitations etc.)

The information and/or documentation we have requested must be provided to us within 60 days of the date on this letter. If documents have been requested, please provide originals or certified true copies. All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified English or French translation.
"

So what do you think of this, does this mean I don't have to redo medical or attend the interview? My wife and I communicate in Bosnian, do we have to translate our Facebook and Whatsapp chat? Has anyone before been asked to send this kind of info to Vienna? Thanks.

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
TedStankovich said:

"Dear XXX:

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are missing the following information and/or documentation in your application:

-Proof of ongoing communication between you and your sponsor (via skype/sms/e-mail, proof of funds transfer, visitations etc.)

The information and/or documentation we have requested must be provided to us within 60 days of the date on this letter. If documents have been requested, please provide originals or certified true copies. All documents not in English or French must be accompanied by a certified English or French translation.
"

So what do you think of this, does this mean I don't have to redo medical or attend the interview? My wife and I communicate in Bosnian, do we have to translate our Facebook and Whatsapp chat? Has anyone before been asked to send this kind of info to Vienna? Thanks.
Hi TedStankovich, for now you don't have to redo the medical or attend the interview. Once you send the information they ask for, then they will make the decision on whether you need to redo this or go to Vienna for an interview. Basically, they find the proof of ongoing communication insufficient and they need you to send more. Unfortunately, this part is the hardest because most of us use Skype and Facebook. When I sent my proof, I didn't translate the chats because that would take forever. Some chats were short "Come on Skype" and so on. Most of my Skype calls were on camera so there was no text to translate. However, I did download a Skype log viewer http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/skype_log_view.html. You install this and that took all my outgoing and incoming calls and arranged them by date, how long the call lasted, who called who...etc. I highlighted my husband's name and it was 15 pages long, it looked exactly like a cell phone statement with the calls listed. Maybe you could do that. I would print screen all your chats, leave out ones you think are too personal (we all have those) print them and then maybe write the translations next to it. It would cost you tons of money to get it translated & certified by a professional and they never said that you had to do it. It really is a tough situation. Has your wife visited you recently? have her send her plane tickets to you so you can send those to Vienna.

Here's what I did for Facebook: If you and your wife both have FB, log in to yours and go to your wife's page. At the top, across the cover photo there are options: Friends, Following, Message and then ... click the three dots and an option called "see friendship" will appear. Click on that and it will show you all the posts between you and your wife, as well as your pictures together if you post on facebook. Hopefully you post on each other's FB. I basically print screened our entire FB relationship, printed it and then translated what we were saying and why he posted that picture or why I posted the video clip. Sort of detailing our relationship. Everyone has their way of doing things, this is what I came up with.

My bro had this info requested but he basically sent everything the first time, so he sent more Skype calls and wife's plane ticket and he got his PR 5 months later, he did however have to go to an interview :( I hope I've been of some help, this is probably the hardest thing to fulfill once they ask for it. It is difficult to prove a relationship with the technology we have these days.

TedStankovich

Sep 21, 2014
Thank you for your detailed answer, mikac15. This does help. I just wanted to ask you, how long has your bro been waiting when they asked for this additional information? My wife and I are waiting ten months now and we are hoping we will be together before New Year.

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lalaBiH said:
Dear _____:

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has reached the final stage of processing. You must submit your passport(s) to the visa office in Vienna, within 30 days of the date of this letter in order to finalize your application.

Please include a copy of this letter with your submission.

AHHHHH 12.5 months laterrr and its OVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVR ... !! took only about a week after medical and police check was submitted!!
Wou,great.Congratulations.
Cestitam.

Next are us from September as well.

Mikac15

Star Member
Feb 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
03-01-2014
File Transfer...
23-12-2013
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
NONE
Passport Req..
24-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2014
TedStankovich said:
Thank you for your detailed answer, mikac15. This does help. I just wanted to ask you, how long has your bro been waiting when they asked for this additional information? My wife and I are waiting ten months now and we are hoping we will be together before New Year.
My brother's situation was complicated since he sent out his application with lots of missing information (missing military book, interview, medical redo, proof of ongoing relationship..etc.) Unfortunately, we weren't informed enough about the process at the time. He got letters from Vienna constantly to send in more information because he never sent it the first time around. However, his process lasted from Dec 2011 (the date the application arrived in Vienna) to Mar 2013. About 16-17 months but at the time the processing time was 9 or 10 months. The military service check takes from 6 to 18 months and he waited 7 months since he sent the military info to the day he got asked to come to an interview. After the interview, they asked for a medical check one month later, some additional forms and finally he got his PR.

From experience of close friends and family, and also by reading the forum: Once they ask to re-do medicals and police checks, you're almost done! There's nothing more they can ask from you!

I really hope you get your PR soon, its difficult when they don't believe a relationship is genuine and when they want more proof. Some people just don't have that much stuff to show or send! Get your information to them ASAP but I don't know if you'll be there by New Year's. I hope you do but from what I've heard I think you might have to wait another 3 months or so. However, I am not an immigration officer so you might get it in a month. It's really case specific. I also really think it has to do with how happy the officer is that day. If he/she's feeling generous.
I hope you get to be with your wife soon! :D

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
dadoB said:
hello everyone,

I am about to send my inland PR application. I am not sure, but since I apply inland are my documents sended also to Vienna ? And for in casse the answer is yes, how long approximately will it take until I hear for the first time from CIC after sending my application ? thank you !
When you apply inland it has nothing to do with Vienna. Your file will be processed in Mississauga. Processing time is 1.5-2 years and during this time you are not allowed to leave the country. The first time you might hear from Mississauga will be around after 12 months for stage 1 approval. At this point you can get an Open Work Permit if you have applied for one.

You can be in Canada and are allowed to apply through Vienna outland. The process takes around 1-1.5 years (depends how strong your case is). You need to maintain legal status in Canada during the process but you are allowed to leave and re-enter the country. First time you hear something is after about 1-2 months when sponsorship is approved.

You should double-check if you apply in the correct category. Inland (you have to be in Canada) and outland (You can but don't have to be in Canada) are two different things

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
TedStankovich said:

"Dear XXX:

"

Hello Ted,
Your interview is probably waived, they asked my wife for new police cert and ongoing communication and or visits. I went twice to visit my wife and i saved all boarding passes etc plus sent pictures and a few text messages. Then they ask for a new medical 1.5-2 months after we sent the proof.