Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
JelenaCan said:
it's me again....

I need some advice.
So Mississauga received our application Oct 10 and Vienna Nov 5, 2013. The file is not in process yet. My husband was in Canada for a year on a work permit (that's how we met) and he tried to get another work permit but didn't work out so he left Canada. Then we got married in Croatian in Sept 2013 and the rest you know how it works, paperwork started etc.

Anyhow, my question is....
If he would come back for a visit lets say 1-2 months, would that cause any troubles with Vienna? And do you know if they would refuse entry to the country once he gets here due to whatever reason. Since he has a Croatian passport he doesn't need a visitors visa.
Or should we just be patient and wait?

Thanks for your input, it's nice to have support from people that are going through this as well. :)
[/quo

Him visiting would not effect his pr application at all. I don't why they Refuse at border he's there staying with you and waiting on pr. He tho show some financial stability while in Canada. They look at it differnt when visiting

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
JelenaCan said:
it's me again....

I need some advice.
So Mississauga received our application Oct 10 and Vienna Nov 5, 2013. The file is not in process yet. My husband was in Canada for a year on a work permit (that's how we met) and he tried to get another work permit but didn't work out so he left Canada. Then we got married in Croatian in Sept 2013 and the rest you know how it works, paperwork started etc.

Anyhow, my question is....
If he would come back for a visit lets say 1-2 months, would that cause any troubles with Vienna? And do you know if they would refuse entry to the country once he gets here due to whatever reason. Since he has a Croatian passport he doesn't need a visitors visa.
Or should we just be patient and wait?

hmm.. i think it would be fine.. but im not sure.. As long as he didnt overstay after his work permit expired he should still be able to trvael even if he is being processed in Vienna. ..You are so close to the end though so you might as well wait.. or maybe he will be processed while he is still there and won't have to return.. that again is taking your chances especially if they require an interview or something..you should be ok though...

Thanks for your input, it's nice to have support from people that are going through this as well. :)
hmm.. i think it would be fine.. but im not sure.. As long as he didnt overstay after his work permit expired he should still be able to trvael even if he is being processed in Vienna. ..You are so close to the end though so you might as well wait.. or maybe he will be processed while he is still there and won't have to return.. that again is taking your chances especially if they require an interview or something.. i am not sure if that has to be done in vienna ( i would think so).. you should be ok though...

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
has anybody heard anything from vienna yet??

mapleleafgirl

Star Member
Jul 28, 2013
Hi all,

It looks like Vienna is still sleeping.

alekgalorini --- we are in the same boat! It's been 13 months and nothing from Vienna yet (no medical re-do requests, etc).

I hope we hear something before Christmas and that our spouses are with us before the New Year. Let's hope it won't take 16 + months.

I don't think they've forgotten about us.

Stay positive ;)

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont understand what is going on with Vienna. Why you who r applied june last year still didnt have contact.?or request or anything?
Other VO for example Manila also have proccesing time 14months,and they finishing in 8,9months.Something is wrong,they stoping us all for some reason.I realy have no comment.

gabiroli

Oct 23, 2013
Hey Friends.

Finally our journey came to an end vienna made a decision on my wifes case on july 10th. They mailed out the ARC and THE confirmation of pernament residence on july 10th. We just got in the mail just yesterday. I already paid for the tickets for my daughter and wife. It's quite expensive this time around I paid 2400$ for one way for 2 tickets from budapest to toronto with frankfurt transfer on august 15th.

For anyone that needs my timeline as follows.

2013/march/1 Application sent to missisauga.
2013/april/17 I am accepted as sponsor.
2013/oct/14 she needed to leave canada due to failed refugee case.
Redid fingerprints and medicals on no instructions just did by myself 2014/february/14
No news from vienna until 2014/february/21 (asking for an interview after 3 years of commonlaw relationship with my wife, and 2 years marriage altogether 5 years. BEFORE EVEN the whole process started and a 3 year old daughter. They scheduled her interview for may/14/2014 She passed the interview (they doubted that our relationship was legit after living together and taxing having 2 joint bank accounts with everyday usage with savings over 15000$ and having her on my mortgage paper while she is even on my car insurance policy as a second driver this was all mailed in the original application Having pictures of us holding our daughter when she was 10 minutes old.

They asked for fingerprints again and 400$ authorization to return fee. No communications after again. Till JULLY 10th. She has to leave hungary by september 10th. Thats also the same day when her passport expires. We tried to book with KLM but they said that her passport have to valid to 3 months after she travels. Managed to get lufthansa tickets. they don't mind if her passport is gonna expire. We will renew her passport here in toronto. I Don't wan't any confussion with new passport before she lands.

Hopefuly Everybody else will have better luck with them. I really hope that it will be all over on august 15th when crosses the border.

Sincerely Szabo Family.

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
gabiroli said:
Hey Friends.

Finally our journey came to an end vienna made a decision on my wifes case on july 10th. They mailed out the ARC and THE confirmation of pernament residence on july 10th. We just got in the mail just yesterday. I already paid for the tickets for my daughter and wife. It's quite expensive this time around I paid 2400$ for one way for 2 tickets from budapest to toronto with frankfurt transfer on august 15th.

Redid fingerprints and medicals on no instructions just did by myself 2014/february/14
No news from vienna until 2014/february/21 (asking for an interview after 3 years of commonlaw relationship with my wife, and 2 years marriage altogether 5 years. BEFORE EVEN the whole process started and a 3 year old daughter. They scheduled her interview for may/14/2014 She passed the interview (they doubted that our relationship was legit after living together and taxing having 2 joint bank accounts with everyday usage with savings over 15000$ and having her on my mortgage paper while she is even on my car insurance policy as a second driver this was all mailed in the original application Having pictures of us holding our daughter when she was 10 minutes old.

They asked for fingerprints again and 400$ authorization to return fee. No communications after again. Till JULLY 10th. She has to leave hungary by september 10th. Thats also the same day when her passport expires. We tried to book with KLM but they said that her passport have to valid to 3 months after she travels. Managed to get lufthansa tickets. they don't mind if her passport is gonna expire. We will renew her passport here in toronto. I Don't wan't any confussion with new passport before she lands.

Hopefuly Everybody else will have better luck with them. I really hope that it will be all over on august 15th when crosses the border.

Sincerely Szabo Family.

congrats. I am happy to hear it is over. Its all smooth sailing from here on :) the border crossing will be fine..

As for the rest of us still waiting. Vienna needs to be more efficant compared to other offices.. in regards to processing times

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
gabiroli said:
Hey Friends.

Sincerely Szabo Family.
Congatulations
That is amazing , after long and stressful waiting time , enjoy each others and your daughter, all the best

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
Nltocan said:
Hey there,

I'm a Canadian living in Holland with my Dutch husband so our VO is Vienna as well. Yesterday we recieved our SA (yay!!) but in the email it doesn't state that they sent 2nd stage approval to Vienna, it lists and address and email in Ottawa. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm really confused as I thought only US applicants or inland applicants were processed in Ottawa.

I'm worried and also afraid to get my hopes up. Should I just email them for clarity? As we are just new on the list I don't want to risk annoying them ;-)
This is great because applications in Ottawa are processed within 3-5 months at the moment. Way faster than Vienna with over 12 months. Did your husband live in Canada before on a work permit or as a visitor? If he was in Canada for over 12 months it's possible that his file will be processed in Ottawa

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
little_apple said:
This is great because applications in Ottawa are processed within 3-5 months at the moment. Way faster than Vienna with over 12 months. Did your husband live in Canada before on a work permit or as a visitor? If he was in Canada for over 12 months it's possible that his file will be processed in Ottawa
I followed her story on the May thread, and after contacting Ottawa, they transferred her file to Vienna. It was a mistake from CIC's side.

EDIT: @ Vanessa - most probably they sent her application to Ottawa to be processed as inland - with an 18 months processing times (due to a previous cancelled inland application her husband had). So the waiting time for her wouldn't have been as fast as the waiting time US applicants have as outland (which are processed also in Ottawa).

Nltocan

Jul 9, 2014
The Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2015
Avadava said:
I followed her story on the May thread, and after contacting Ottawa, they transferred her file to Vienna. It was a mistake from CIC's side.
Yup, it's true! You're stuck with me in the Vienna office :p

Avadava

Oct 11, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
December 3, 2013
AOR Received.
Stage 1 AOR + SA January 8, 2014
File Transfer...
January 12, 2014
Med's Request
Further Medical Tests Requested: October 24, 2013
Med's Done....
October 15, 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
October 20, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
October 27, 2014
LANDED..........
January 17, 2015
Nltocan said:
Yup, it's true! You're stuck with me in the Vienna office :p
Buckle up sister, cause it's a loooong ride! :p I swear, Vienna is the worst European VO.

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
so i have a question.. since it we entering the 14 month without any communication from vienna. Instead of emailing them what do you think if my husband goes to the vienna office to enquire?? or will it be the same thing?? I dont know... Any thoughts??

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I wd not do it .They counting 14months from the moment they received app. That is in yr case July. For sure they ll contact u in August, only cause of holiday if they postpone to September. But as u see,u never know with them.I don't expect nothing till December in my case.and maybe then they ll postpone it.

God give us patience all.

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alekgalorini said:
so i have a question.. since it we entering the 14 month without any communication from vienna. Instead of emailing them what do you think if my husband goes to the vienna office to enquire?? or will it be the same thing?? I dont know... Any thoughts??
Your file has not been in Vienna for 14 months by now. Therefore you can only stay patient and wait. Our file took another 21 days after the sponsorship approval until it finally arrived in Vienna. When was your sponsorship approved?

As a rough estimate you can assume that your file has arrived in Vienna 1 months after the sponsorship approval from Missisauga. I would not contact Vienna until 15 months have past since your sponsorship was approved.