Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
Thank you all soo much. I did get that letter but was always usig the UIC and it worked fine untill yesterday. When i called them it freaked me put because he said my husband should have gotten his own letter. But as you say after i am out of this training i am at for work i will look at the letter and try using that file number with his info instead.. Hopefully that will be sucessfull. Thank you all once again. I have been so on edge due to all of this confusion and lack of information :s

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
;D thank you Alekgalorini,koplje,bumpahead, and madam-m for all your advise.. I was able to use the file number i got with the only e-mail i received and it WORKED!..yuppi.. now i see my hubbys status ( which unfortunatly but as expected is still " application received").. i appreciate all of your help :).

Dusica

Jul 1, 2014
lalaBiH said:
;D thank you Alekgalorini,koplje,bumpahead, and madam-m for all your advise.. I was able to use the file number i got with the only e-mail i received and it WORKED!..yuppi.. now i see my hubbys status ( which unfortunatly but as expected is still " application received").. i appreciate all of your help :).
Hi,

I am having the same problem for the past couple of days. I used to check my status online using my husband's (he is the sponsor) UCI number. I never received any letters or docs that would have my separate fail number (as a sponsored person). Did somebody replied to the e-mail request you sent or you just went back with UCI you had before and it miraculously started working? :)

If I need to call or write to Vienna office to get my file number (as some people have suggested), do you have the email and number i should use?

Btw, we sent our applications at the exact same time. It will be interesting to compare what happens in future....:)
Thanks!

Dusica

Jul 1, 2014
Kopje said:
Yes they may ask you to redo the medical test. Therefore I would suggest you and your husband to hold your baby plan until your PR is granted.
Thanks Kopje. Patience is what I seem to be lacking lately...:)

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
Dusica said:
Hi,

I am having the same problem for the past couple of days. I used to check my status online using my husband's (he is the sponsor) UCI number. I never received any letters or docs that would have my separate fail number (as a sponsored person). Did somebody replied to the e-mail request you sent or you just went back with UCI you had before and it miraculously started working? :)

If I need to call or write to Vienna office to get my file number (as some people have suggested), do you have the email and number i should use?

Btw, we sent our applications at the exact same time. It will be interesting to compare what happens in future....:)
Thanks!
This is Vienna email Adress

re-vienn.immigration@international.gc.ca

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dusica said:
Thanks Kopje. Patience is what I seem to be lacking lately...:)
Tell me about it... but hey ... we will get good news soon! I'm sure of that!

Nltocan

Jul 9, 2014
The Netherlands
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2014
AOR Received.
23-07-2014
File Transfer...
23-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-04-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
18-01-2015
Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance if my post is either annoying or redundant (or both!) but I've been following a few forums for some time now and finally decided to start participating.

I'm a Canadian citizen living in The Netherlands with my Dutch husband of almost 4 years. We have one child who is dual nationality and another on the way. We submitted an Outland application in May 2014 so obviously it's still radio silence over here!

My husband is the breadwinner in our family and I've stayed home as a Mom basically our entire relationship. Anyways, it seems weird to me that we have to apply through the Vienna office. How do they determine that! I mean, Paris or London are geographically much closer to Amsterdam than Vienna. Plus, no offence, I'm bummed we're getting stuck with Vienna as from what I read they're slow and frustrating to deal with and Paris seems to churn through their applications much quicker.

Also, is it all very black & white? First come/first served/no exceptions!? For all intents and purposes it seems our application is pretty straight forward. Other than the fact that I'm currently overseas and not working in Canada (even if I was in Canada I wouldn't be working at the moment anyways) I mean, finances don't even play much of a role, right?

I guess I'm looking for a sprinkling of hope. I've been hearing so many frustrating stories lately but then again I guess perhaps those with exceptional incomes didn't want to stick around to brag about it. ;-)

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
Dusica said:
Hi,

Thanks!
No you do not need to contact them. As everyone was very helpful to point out to me your file # is on the same letter as the one your husband got with the UCI.. it should be right beside it ( under of above)... use that number with your information and it should work :) thats all i had to do anyway :)

Goodluck!

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
Nltocan said:
Hi everyone,

I apologize in advance if my post is either annoying or redundant (or both!) but I've been following a few forums for some time now and finally decided to start participating.

I'm a Canadian citizen living in The Netherlands with my Dutch husband of almost 4 years. We have one child who is dual nationality and another on the way. We submitted an Outland application in May 2014 so obviously it's still radio silence over here!

My husband is the breadwinner in our family and I've stayed home as a Mom basically our entire relationship. Anyways, it seems weird to me that we have to apply through the Vienna office. How do they determine that! I mean, Paris or London are geographically much closer to Amsterdam than Vienna. Plus, no offence, I'm bummed we're getting stuck with Vienna as from what I read they're slow and frustrating to deal with and Paris seems to churn through their applications much quicker.

Also, is it all very black & white? First come/first served/no exceptions!? For all intents and purposes it seems our application is pretty straight forward. Other than the fact that I'm currently overseas and not working in Canada (even if I was in Canada I wouldn't be working at the moment anyways) I mean, finances don't even play much of a role, right?

I guess I'm looking for a sprinkling of hope. I've been hearing so many frustrating stories lately but then again I guess perhaps those with exceptional incomes didn't want to stick around to brag about it. ;-)

to be honest with you right when I applied i thought the people on this message board were the "exceptionally unlucky" people who were waiting very long.. some maybe because of circumstances that made their case a little bit lengthier to process ( i.e. millitary backgrounds, missing information, complicated relationship situation).. i thought i would have a quick turn around time because my relationship is standard ( dated for many years before marriage, same age, lots of trips, mutual friends and families all who are close). also I am well established in Canada and thought that all those factors would result in a quick turn around time. Unfortunatly this was NOT the case.. 9 months and still my application says " received" .. though the sponsorship portion took only 9 days to approve the rest of it is hell.. I dont think there are exceptions to the processing times.. for those who fail to provide some documents then i am sure they wait longer, but otherwise i think its all the same. Some people may be assigned to a case worker who is not as lazy as the others and may get through their applications quicker,,, but in the grand scheme of things i think its all relatively close.

Ca7r10na

Star Member
Jun 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nltocan said:
Hi everyone,

Hi there - you sound a lot like me in early 2013 when I was preparing our Federal Skilled Worked Application. I consider myself to be Canadian (I even have the stereotypical maple leaf tattoo on my ankle...) as I went to elementary and high school in Vancouver after emigrating from the UK. Unfortunately, I never applied for my citizenship and after leaving at 18 for a university adventure overseas I ended up staying out of the country for too long and had to relinquish my Permanent Resident status or immediately move back (as I was in the middle of my legal articles at the time I could not move back and just figured I would re emigrate at a later date).

ANYWAY, I just assumed that our application would speed through due to my strong ties to Canada, the fact that my husband and I are both young and post graduate educated (and crucially as we are moving to Calgary which is in an oil and gas boom and that is the industry in which my husband works) etc.

That's where Vienna entered the equation. Our application was received on 10 May 2013 and we are still waiting to be asked to do our medicals despite the fact that most other visa offices for FSWP 2013 have been spitting PR visas out for almost 9 months. Vienna is just CRAZILY slow in all categories. It is BEYOND frustrating.

If you read back through the posts (both here and on the Vienna FSWP thread) there have been many explanations for this which, despite their validity, don't really make the wait any easier. Vienna does not have enough staff and is dealing with its own backlog as well as the backlogs from other visa offices which were shut down.

And the summer holiday thing seemed to be valid last year (at least in terms of the impact it has on the speed in which things happen) - Vienna seemed to pick things up again the last week in August.

Good luck to everyone!

BumpAhead

Jan 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2013
Doc's Request.
12-02-2014 and 04-03-2014
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
Med's Request
Second 17-03-2014
Med's Done....
22-01-2013
Interview........
Nope
Passport Req..
17-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-04-2014
LANDED..........
15-05-2014 finally over :)
Hello everyone
This question is for those of you who landed in canada already
How long did it take to get PR in the mail?
My husband and i and the baby are planing on going back home end of october but he still didnt et his PR card in the mail. Hes been here 8 weeks and they told him at immigration it will take up to 6weeks
Thanksss

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
BumpAhead said:
Hello everyone
This question is for those of you who landed in canada already
How long did it take to get PR in the mail?
My husband and i and the baby are planing on going back home end of october but he still didnt et his PR card in the mail. Hes been here 8 weeks and they told him at immigration it will take up to 6weeks
Thanksss

Hi BumpAhead,
My husband landed Apr 25th and received his PR card on monday Jul 7th...72 days in total. On their website CIC just updated the PR card processing times from 94 to 43 days, so you might be lucky and get it faster. Either way, it won't be that long. :D

JelenaCan

Jul 9, 2014
Hello everyone
I'm new to this forum. I'm sponsoring my husband, tomorrow it will be exactly 9 months since they received our application in Mississauga.
The last few days I wasn't able to log into the cic website (both I and my husband used the UCI number and my info to log in) and my husband did some reading on this forum and found out that he can actually also long in into his part using the application number ( by the way, I don't recall anyone telling us from CIC that was possible).

My question is, once you log in, your name and address appears. When he logged in his name is there and his address but not the country. Is this with everyone that is being sponsored or did they forget to include the country? I figured I should check here before contacting Vienna.

Thank you :)

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
JelenaCan said:
Hello everyone
I'm new to this forum. I'm sponsoring my husband, tomorrow it will be exactly 9 months since they received our application in Mississauga.
The last few days I wasn't able to log into the cic website (both I and my husband used the UCI number and my info to log in) and my husband did some reading on this forum and found out that he can actually also long in into his part using the application number ( by the way, I don't recall anyone telling us from CIC that was possible).

My question is, once you log in, your name and address appears. When he logged in his name is there and his address but not the country. Is this with everyone that is being sponsored or did they forget to include the country? I figured I should check here before contacting Vienna.

Thank you :)

Hi JelenaCan

Welcome to the forum

I dont re-call it saying the country for my husband either. We changed it to my address in Canada.. But i would call in case. But I would try calling CIC on toll free number before Vienna.

JelenaCan

Jul 9, 2014
Thanks for the quick reply :)

So you put your Canadian address under his name even though he's not here yet? Any particular reason behind that?