Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
messenger said:
Hey there Vanessa! and ALL my friends ~~~

This morning woke up as usual and took the two post notices we found in our mail box last night and we went to the Greek Postal service office.
One envelope was from the Athens Canadian Embassy and contained the new passport for our baby Leto....Happiness???? YES! We had applied for it 20 days ago!
The 2nd envelope was from Vienna and contained the Passport of my wife that we had mailed to them exactly 10 days ago Stamped with the CANADA VISA and also the COPR included! HAPPINESS???? YES!
Dear Tom,
congrats again, you are finally turning that page you were stuck on :D... life and happiness awaits your family in Canada. Thank you for all the support and kindness you gave to me and all of us here. Hope your dreams and hopes for your life in the future will come true. I wish you and your family all the best. :D
Cheers!!!! :)

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
little_apple said:
Hang in there guys. My ecas showed "application received" for over 11 months ???
I guess that you probably have to wait around 12 months to see a decision made. Some people here got the visa faster but most of us had to wait 11 months or longer.

Don't give up. One day it will be over and than you will be happier than ever. I know what I'm talking about. My mood is amazing :D But I know how you feel right now and I wish you all a faster process
I hope we will get processed soon. Vienna seems to be very active in 2014 and at some point they will hopefully reduce the backlog and processing time will go down.

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
i wake up everyday and the first thing i do is check my ecas and email... and nothing changes always the same thing. its been 11 months and i havent heard a thing from vienna.. is this a normal thing to not hear anything by now?? not even a doc request! my life is on hold... oouff sooo frustrating :-\ i hope we all hear something soon :( have a good weekend everyone

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alekgalorini said:
i wake up everyday and the first thing i do is check my ecas and email... and nothing changes always the same thing. its been 11 months and i havent heard a thing from vienna.. is this a normal thing to not hear anything by now?? not even a doc request! my life is on hold... oouff sooo frustrating :-\ i hope we all hear something soon :( have a good weekend everyone
If your application was complete I do not think they will contact you at all during the process. But from previous activity you should be close to the end.

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
alekgalorini said:
We got our first document request at 10 1/2 months. Did you get your gmcs notes? You will most likely have to send a updated police certificate. We are coming up on 15 months. When we received our notes at the end of dec they hadnt started anything. Then end of jan they asked for pc and more por. Then in april a new medical. Each case is unique. Dont bother with ecas...you will get an email from vienna before they update ecas

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
alekgalorini said:
Just remembered...have you been checking your span/junk folder on your email?

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Milance said:
We got our first document request at 10 1/2 months. Did you get your gmcs notes? You will most likely have to send a updated police certificate. We are coming up on 15 months. When we received our notes at the end of dec they hadnt started anything. Then end of jan they asked for pc and more por. Then in april a new medical. Each case is unique. Dont bother with ecas...you will get an email from vienna before they update ecas

Hi Milance,

I have not even sent my gmcs in! i figured it wont be that long so i didnt bother.. Should I?? Milance is this bad that we havnet heard from them? I check my spam mail everyday as well.

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Kopje said:
If your application was complete I do not think they will contact you at all during the process. But from previous activity you should be close to the end.

my application was sent complete. everything they asked for was sent in application

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
alekgalorini said:
Hi Milance,

I have not even sent my gmcs in! i figured it wont be that long so i didnt bother.. Should I?? Milance is this bad that we havnet heard from them? I check my spam mail everyday as well.
There isnt much you can do. I would request gmcs notes. If you contact mp they might say wait until 14 months.... Its hard to say be patient but we dont have options. To call or email them wont get you anywhere. It might not be a bad thing if they havent sent any requests. But i would bet anything they will ask for a new police certificate.

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Milance said:
There isnt much you can do. I would request gmcs notes. If you contact mp they might say wait until 14 months.... Its hard to say be patient but we dont have options. To call or email them wont get you anywhere. It might not be a bad thing if they havent sent any requests. But i would bet anything they will ask for a new police certificate.

i sent them a email end of april.. asking for an update and if they needed an additional documents. they repiled may 8.. saying the usually it takes 14months but they also said if they need an documents they will contact us in due course.... what you think? why wouldnt they ask for it then??

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
alekgalorini said:
i sent them a email end of april.. asking for an update and if they needed an additional documents. they repiled may 8.. saying the usually it takes 14months but they also said if they need an documents they will contact us in due course.... what you think? why wouldnt they ask for it then??
It all goes in steps. I wondered why didnt they ask for the new medical back in jan when they asked for a new police certificate and more proof of relationship. But then i thought what if they werent satisfied with additional documents and you get refused then no need to do a new medical. Same thing with your app. When they get to a certain stage in the process they will ask or maybe not. Its frustrating i know but you just have to wait.

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also desperate. reading your posts and thinking when is my time for getting over the process? I am like kopje,September applicant.Now I believe til the end of this year I sd get it.Because mine 14 months is in November,and if they delay? terrible.

Then again I am reading and other thread as well.and I see that is a lot of work for all visa offices. Do you see who applied?
Ones applied as conjugal partner then they change their mind,and lets now withdraw application,and they will apply as common law partner all over again.Then other ones,forget to sign application,then other ones with criminal record,with TBC,wife older then husband 20years...etc..etc....

We people are complicated.Why we cant just follow the instructions,and why we can not understand what they are asking? Are we so stupid,or careless?

Because we play with them,they play with us too. Just always the wrong ones get s.....!

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
madam-m said:
I am also desperate. reading your posts and thinking when is my time for getting over the process? I am like kopje,September applicant.Now I believe til the end of this year I sd get it.Because mine 14 months is in November,and if they delay? terrible.

Then again I am reading and other thread as well.and I see that is a lot of work for all visa offices. Do you see who applied?
Ones applied as conjugal partner then they change their mind,and lets now withdraw application,and they will apply as common law partner all over again.Then other ones,forget to sign application,then other ones with criminal record,with TBC,wife older then husband 20years...etc..etc....

We people are complicated.Why we cant just follow the instructions,and why we can not understand what they are asking? Are we so stupid,or careless?

Because we play with them,they play with us too. Just always the wrong ones get s.....!
Not to sound negative but the way things are and the current proccessing times you guys will be lucky to finish by the end of the year. Come july/august alot of the visa officers will be taking holidays. Things will slow down again. We had a complete package bit its not our fault pc and meds expired. They asked for more proof and that was sent. Its not us its them. For as long as i have followed this thread i cant remember one person that didnt have a complete app or forgot to sign or date a form etc. its the government and if you want to live here in canada you are a puppet and sheep. Im sick of it all and this process i wish on no one. Its probably ruined more relationshipa then done good.

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Milanche,
but you sound very negative.When ever somebody apply,in waiting period he/she has July/august.
I wd not go so far.And medical expired in 1year,we all know that,when we did it.I dont understand why somebody take for example medical in January and then apply in may.I did my medical a week before I applied. And pc expire in 6months. New medical and pc is something that we expected. step by step.

Be positive,there is nothing else you can do.Cant you?

alekgalorini

Apr 2, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-6-2013
Med's Done....
10-06-2013
Milance said:
It all goes in steps. I wondered why didnt they ask for the new medical back in jan when they asked for a new police certificate and more proof of relationship. But then i thought what if they werent satisfied with additional documents and you get refused then no need to do a new medical. Same thing with your app. When they get to a certain stage in the process they will ask or maybe not. Its frustrating i know but you just have to wait.
mmmmm
well i dont think they can just refuse us without steps such as interview!! right??
milance you are scaring me!!