16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
messenger said:
Hey there Vanessa! and ALL my friends ~~~

This morning woke up as usual and took the two post notices we found in our mail box last night and we went to the Greek Postal service office.
One envelope was from the Athens Canadian Embassy and contained the new passport for our baby Leto....Happiness???? YES! We had applied for it 20 days ago!
The 2nd envelope was from Vienna and contained the Passport of my wife that we had mailed to them exactly 10 days ago Stamped with the CANADA VISA and also the COPR included! HAPPINESS???? YES!

No offence my friend :) Just wrote my comment to raise an issue that concerns many people...
And as for us?
The VISA that was stamped has a validity all the way to January 2015. (of course we are flying on July this year) but regardless this was very thoughtful of them to give us such. The weirdest thing of all in our case was that my wife's Medical expired January 31st 2014. So that means they gave us an extension of one year on the medical...Has anyone else in the past received such a big extension?

And another thing that you might want to know..When we received PPR on May the 7th (Wednesday) I decided in order to save some money to send the passport with snail mail (normal land postal mail) ..And we did it on the 9th (Friday). We received the envelope today so that means it arrived in Greece yesterday the 19th... So it only means that snail mail and stamping the visas and resenting them to us took a total of 10 days and only 4€ is postage stamps....Courier would have cost us 150€ and most likely it would have been in the same date range!

Anyways , this concludes a chapter in my life and starts another one!
What remains a little sweet bitterness (just slight) from too much worrying but mostly fond memories of the wonderful people I have met throughout this trip. I have the warmest feelings for all of you and will remember each and everyone with kindness in my heart. To those who are already in Canada and to those who are still waiting (please do not lose hope) I wish a happy and productive life. to those of you who are in Alberta I will make a pledge to meet you from up close and to those in other provinces in this vast country we can always keep in touch either by Internet or by phone..
I will of course drop by in the forum and speak to all of you and learn of your progress but for the time being I will be busy packing, moving and making final arrangements as I do not have lots of help and a baby amongst others to take care.

We are going to be in Ontario as of 16th of July and I will remain in Niagara Falls area for approx a week. I will then move on to Calgary and catch up with my new life! While I am in Ontario I would try to visit my friend Europe in Windsor and anyone else if possible!

Thank you all so much and love you all!

My contact details:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Sakisapostolou Sent me a pm if you like me Skype as well.
CONGRATULATIONS TOM! I'm so happy and grateful that your immigration journey has come to a happy end =D Good luck with everything from hereon out!

b4roness

Jun 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
New Police Cert. 11-02-2014
AOR Received.
Sponsor Approval 19-02-2014
Med's Done....
Nov-2013
Interview........
January 22, 2015 - Vienna - FAILED - Appealing.
Passport Req..
Exempt
LANDED..........
In God's time.
Minicooper said:
Hi Everyone!

I have been reading the Vienna forum for a couple of weeks now but never posted anything yet (however I am part of the facebook group: Sanne).
Thought I would join in on the "forum fun!"

This is my timeline: App sent: January 16, 2014
Transfered to Vienna: February 19, 2014.

I actually already applied in October but got delayed in the first process and we were misinformed by a CIC member about whether a specific form needed to be in the application. It was send back to our old address and we didnt get informed till 2.5 months later (they told us prior they "lost" our package in the building). Anyway, thats why we lost a lot of time so January applicant now!

Oh and I'm applying for common-law sponsorship by my Fiancé, waiting in Holland currently. Need to graduate first, then will go to Canada in September and await the PR as a visitor over there.

Nice to meet you all!
Greetings and welcome to out little corner of the 'interwebz' =D
I'm also a January 2014 applicant, so we just need to sit back and relax, enjoy the summer if possible and await further 'orders' from Vienna.

Good luck!

Angie

Elleattend

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2012
Doc's Request.
27-03-2013 and 09-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
31-08-2012, 07-10-2013, 16-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Applicable
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
messenger said:
Hey there Vanessa! and ALL my friends ~~~

This morning woke up as usual and took the two post notices we found in our mail box last night and we went to the Greek Postal service office.
One envelope was from the Athens Canadian Embassy and contained the new passport for our baby Leto....Happiness???? YES! We had applied for it 20 days ago!
The 2nd envelope was from Vienna and contained the Passport of my wife that we had mailed to them exactly 10 days ago Stamped with the CANADA VISA and also the COPR included! HAPPINESS???? YES!

Anyways , this concludes a chapter in my life and starts another one!
What remains a little sweet bitterness (just slight) from too much worrying but mostly fond memories of the wonderful people I have met throughout this trip. I have the warmest feelings for all of you and will remember each and everyone with kindness in my heart. To those who are already in Canada and to those who are still waiting (please do not lose hope) I wish a happy and productive life. to those of you who are in Alberta I will make a pledge to meet you from up close and to those in other provinces in this vast country we can always keep in touch either by Internet or by phone..
I will of course drop by in the forum and speak to all of you and learn of your progress but for the time being I will be busy packing, moving and making final arrangements as I do not have lots of help and a baby amongst others to take care.

We are going to be in Ontario as of 16th of July and I will remain in Niagara Falls area for approx a week. I will then move on to Calgary and catch up with my new life! While I am in Ontario I would try to visit my friend Europe in Windsor and anyone else if possible!

Thank you all so much and love you all!

My contact details:

FB: https://www.facebook.com/Sakisapostolou Sent me a pm if you like me Skype as well.
Congratulations Tom, and wife and baby!! You have been the life of this forum Tom and it won't be the same without you. But as you said, this is the start of a new and amazing chapter in your life and we all we be doing the same very soon! All the best to you! Thank you for your encouragement!

Elle

Elleattend

Dec 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2012
Doc's Request.
27-03-2013 and 09-01-2014
AOR Received.
28-01-2013
Med's Done....
31-08-2012, 07-10-2013, 16-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Not Applicable
VISA ISSUED...
28-05-2014
LANDED..........
30-07-2014
Minicooper said:
Hi Everyone!

I have been reading the Vienna forum for a couple of weeks now but never posted anything yet (however I am part of the facebook group: Sanne).

I actually already applied in October but got delayed in the first process and we were misinformed by a CIC member about whether a specific form needed to be in the application. It was send back to our old address and we didnt get informed till 2.5 months later (they told us prior they "lost" our package in the building). Anyway, thats why we lost a lot of time so January applicant now!

Oh and I'm applying for common-law sponsorship by my Fiancé, waiting in Holland currently. Need to graduate first, then will go to Canada in September and await the PR as a visitor over there.

Nice to meet you all!
Nice to meet you and welcome! Sorry you have already experienced a delay but hopefully that is the end of it and it will be smooth sailing from here. Good luck to you!!

europe

Oct 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2012
File Transfer...
16-05-2012
Med's Done....
12-01-2012 redo the medical February 05 2013
Interview........
18-10-2012 in process from that date nov 16 asking for the military booklet
Passport Req..
27-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2013
LANDED..........
05-05-2013 thnx god is over
Minicooper said:
Hi Everyone!

Nice to meet you all!
Minicooper Welcome to our lovely and incredible forum , we are here to help you with all the questions, and to relief from the stess waiting period,
hope your process of waiting will be shorter than most of us .
All the best

Minicooper

May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2014
Doc's Request.
21-10-2014 Police certificate
File Transfer...
19-02-2014
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2014
LANDED..........
27-11-2014
Thanks everyone! I hope we shall all have a speedy process!

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
police clearence expired had to redo in Sept 2014
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
Any October applicants here??

I am so :( this is taking forever.. to make it worse I contacted my MP who has super nice and seemed eager to help.. only to get a reply today telling me exacly what I knew but probably making it worse by repeating the 14 month speech. I am so disappointed in Canadas immigration system..

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lalaBiH said:
Any October applicants here??

I am so :( this is taking forever.. to make it worse I contacted my MP who has super nice and seemed eager to help.. only to get a reply today telling me exacly what I knew but probably making it worse by repeating the 14 month speech. I am so disappointed in Canadas immigration system..
My wife and I applied in September. I'm checking ecas more than once a day and I can't see the 'Application Received' status anymore ...

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
you mean you can't because you dont want to and you're sick or it or because its removed :p?

Tell me about it.. I e-mailed my MP back and gave him my 2 cents..not that it will help us but hopefully in the future :S... have you e-mailed them at all? I really hoped i would be the exception to everything i read online.. but it does not look like it .. :(.. did they request any additional docs from you?

Kopje

Nov 28, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lalaBiH said:
you mean you can't because you dont want to and you're sick or it or because its removed :p?

Tell me about it.. I e-mailed my MP back and gave him my 2 cents..not that it will help us but hopefully in the future :S... have you e-mailed them at all? I really hoped i would be the exception to everything i read online.. but it does not look like it .. :(.. did they request any additional docs from you?
I can still see the status ... I just don't want to anymore ;) I want a decision made. We would love to move back to Canada in September. Since I have to give my current employer three months notice I don't think this will be possible anymore unless I get the visa within the next week. Guess we have to be patient a bit longer.

They haven't requested any additional documents. So far we haven't been contacted by Vienna at all.

lalaBiH

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
File Transfer...
Oct 2013
Med's Request
re-do Sept 23 2014
Med's Done....
07/2013
Interview........
NOPE
Passport Req..
Oct 08 2014
same here :( i thougth because we were both the same age( 25), were in a relationship for over 3 years prior to marriage, plenty of trip and pics and me having a great job in canada, that there would be no issues ( no need to millitary check as he was too young to serve )... but apparently nothing really makes a difference when no one even looks at the file for 8 months.. also to add icing to this cake the MP told me 14 months is relativly short compared to other wait times.. LOOOL how i would love to see him wait for his wife that long. :-X :mad:

little_apple

Jun 11, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna/Austria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20, 2013
Doc's Request.
June 4, 2013 & February 18, 2014
AOR Received.
May 5, 2013
File Transfer...
May 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 4, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
exempt
VISA ISSUED...
April 17, 2014
LANDED..........
in Calgary since March 29, 2012. Landed as PR May 3, 2014
Hang in there guys. My ecas showed "application received" for over 11 months ???
I guess that you probably have to wait around 12 months to see a decision made. Some people here got the visa faster but most of us had to wait 11 months or longer.

Don't give up. One day it will be over and than you will be happier than ever. I know what I'm talking about. My mood is amazing :D But I know how you feel right now and I wish you all a faster process

Milance

Mar 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
VIENNA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-03-13
Doc's Request.
28-01-14
AOR Received.
23-03-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
RE-DO 30-04-14
Med's Done....
15-11-2012
Passport Req..
27-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
02-07-2014
lalaBiH said:
same here :( i thougth because we were both the same age( 25), were in a relationship for over 3 years prior to marriage, plenty of trip and pics and me having a great job in canada, that there would be no issues ( no need to millitary check as he was too young to serve )... but apparently nothing really makes a difference when no one even looks at the file for 8 months.. also to add icing to this cake the MP told me 14 months is relativly short compared to other wait times.. LOOOL how i would love to see him wait for his wife that long. :-X :mad:
I thought the same for my wife...our case very straight forward and we would get processed quicker. But they dont care about your age or job or how long you been together. They look for red flags obviously but a couple could be together for years, have children together, and still take as long or be refused. Nothing is for sure or quick...nothing you can do to speed up or process. It is what it is...until you get that visa in your hand and land in canada all you can do is sit and wait. Im waiting until our process is done and will write a few letters to our lovely government.

messenger

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2011
Thessaloniki, Greece
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/2/2013
Doc's Request.
28/1/2014
AOR Received.
Stage 1 22/3/2013 & Stage 2 Aug 2013
File Transfer...
27-3-2013
Med's Done....
31-1-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
7-5-2014
VISA ISSUED...
13-5-2014
LANDED..........
17-7-2014
Elleattend said:
Congratulations Tom, and wife and baby!! You have been the life of this forum Tom and it won't be the same without you. But as you said, this is the start of a new and amazing chapter in your life and we all we be doing the same very soon! All the best to you! Thank you for your encouragement!

Elle
Hello Elle.

Thank you so much for your kind words..Be sure I will be thinking of you all the way to our after forum :)
?Haven't you got any news for your case yet? I believe that is only you left from the 2012 applicants here..Why so long..Can't you just try to press the situation a bit?

Tom

nada3

Jul 8, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2012
Doc's Request.
25-03-2013 & 15-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-11-2012
File Transfer...
14-11-2012
Med's Request
15-01-2014
Med's Done....
1st 12-09-2012; 2nd 22-01-2014
Passport Req..
27-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-04-2014
LANDED..........
25-04-2014
lalaBiH said:
Nothing makes sense in Vienna so there is no point in trying to figure it out. I think they pick a few random lucky ones that are processed fast, just to keep up the statistics and most are doomed for the long wait. Oooh, don't I know how hard the wait is, but once it's over and you look back it won't seem that bad anymore :)...trust me you will get there too. Just be positive and don't lose hope. :)